• 218(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
MrTourettes Wrote:Yes that is exactly how I have mine setup and I also use that option to scrape. Is it possible there is something wrong with my scrapper files or something?
You have no error message? Maybe try be sligthly changing the name of the game title you want to search like : 1080 Snowboarding instead of 1080° Snowboarding. Do you have the same problem with other scrapers?
Angelscry Wrote:You have no error message?

No error messages at all. To install the addon I had to download direct and unzip to directory as the version of the addon in the skin I have ( Aeon nox ) would not update and it claimed a newer version was available. Could this have upset something?
MrTourettes Wrote:No error messages at all. To install the addon I had to download direct and unzip to directory as the version of the addon in the skin I have ( Aeon nox ) would not update and it claimed a newer version was available. Could this have upset something?
Ok. I have just receive this message from TheGameDB maintainers : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=813#p813. They have updated their API. So it may have a direct effect on the scrapers. It is surely why you encounter problem. I will try to fix this.
MrTourettes Wrote:I have uploaded the file to pastebin. If you could find the time to have a look i would most appreciate it.

http://pastebin.com/B0XF5LpU

Thanks
After check it, theGameDB API updates do not have any effect on the actual Advanced Launcher scraper functionalities. Next... using the exactly same file name as you I was able to scrap info, thumbs and images except for 1080° Snowboarding where I have to change the title to 1080 Snowboarding to get a result (special character ° do not well support string format encoding).

Are you using the automatic or semi-automatic option for the scrapers?
Angelscry Wrote:After check it, theGameDB API updates do not have any effect on the actual Advanced Launcher scraper functionalities. Next... using the exactly same file name as you I was able to scrap info, thumbs and images except for 1080° Snowboarding where I have to change the title to 1080 Snowboarding to get a result (special character ° do not well support string format encoding).

Are you using the automatic or semi-automatic option for the scrapers?

I have changed the file name to just 1080 snowboarding and tried both automatic and semi automatic but neither work.

I am going to completely delete the addon and try installing one last time. I have done everything as suggested but simple fact is the scrapper is just not working with my setup. Windows 7, Latest Eden Build, Aeon Nox Skin.
Well I removed addon. I then made sure the files had been removed from hd.

I went into addons and tried to reinstall addon but it will not install.
MrTourettes Wrote:Well I removed addon. I then made sure the files had been removed from hd.

I went into addons and tried to reinstall addon but it will not install.
Confused... You just have to uninstall the add-on from XBMC. Then close XBMC. You can also try to remove related folders et files into userdata.

Download my repository package : http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-advanced-l....1.2.0.zip

Start XBMC, go into add-on, select install from files and select the repository.angelscry.xbmc-plugins.1.2.0.zip downloaded file. Then go into get Add-ons, select Angelscry's Repository and install Advanced Launcher.

I have just done this on a Windows 7 system with RC2 version of XBMC Eden, and do not encounter any problem to install Advanced Launcher.

Then again I have try the scrap nintendo 64 items with TheGameDB scrapers and all have worked perfectly.
OK I have sorted out my problems. What I have done to solve this is.

Completely removed xbmc from system.

- Installed XBMC to root drive ( NOT Program files directory ) c:\xbmc

- Run xbmc in portable mode using "-p" on shortcut

Everything seems to work good now and advanced launcher is scrapping just fine.

I believe my issues were probably down to windows 7 ( what I call arrogance mode ) where it tries to protect users by adding write protection on all program files and user data entries.

Still problem solved and Thank you so much for all your help.
I'm using Aeon Nox with Advanced Launcher, and it's working really well far. However, since I'd consider myself slightly OCD, I've been banging my head trying to figure out a solution to a sorting issue I've run in to. What I'd like to do is sort titles like "Final Fantasy IX" after "Final Fantasy VIII". Unfortunately due to the naming, "VIII" comes after "IX". I would like to have some sort of 'sort name'. I spent a bit of time looking through launcher_plugin.py to see how hard it would be to add this functionality. Unfortunately, I haven't explored skinning or plugins for xbmc before, so I don't fully understand how sorting works with all the different pieces.

The simplest solution that I came up with involved just sorting on filenames--that way I could just name things like "Final Fantasy 9" and "Final Fantasy 8" and everything would sort fine (plus I'd still display the roman numerals as the title in xbmc). I tried adding
Code:
xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(handle=int( self._handle ), sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_FILE)
to the py file, and it made a "Sort by: File" show up in Aeon Nox; however it didn't actually sort anything, and I'm not sure why. I would greatly appreciate any assistance on how to add new sort methods to Advanced Launcher.

By the way, I was able to 'hack' the sorting in by adding
Code:
xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(handle=int( self._handle ), sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_UNSORTED)
and also changing the sort code in _get_roms(...) to
Code:
for key in sorted(roms, key= lambda x : os.path.basename(os.path.splitext(roms[x]["filename"])[0])):
This obviously isn't ideal though because once you change the sorting from "Sort by: Default" to anything else, you can never return to the original sorting without restarting xbmc (and thus calling _get_roms(...) again).

TLDR: I'm trying to find a way to add additional sort methods to Advanced Launcher, and I could definitely use some help!
utsusemi Wrote:I'm using Aeon Nox with Advanced Launcher, and it's working really well far. However, since I'd consider myself slightly OCD, I've been banging my head trying to figure out a solution to a sorting issue I've run in to. What I'd like to do is sort titles like "Final Fantasy IX" after "Final Fantasy VIII". Unfortunately due to the naming, "VIII" comes after "IX". I would like to have some sort of 'sort name'. I spent a bit of time looking through launcher_plugin.py to see how hard it would be to add this functionality. Unfortunately, I haven't explored skinning or plugins for xbmc before, so I don't fully understand how sorting works with all the different pieces.

The simplest solution that I came up with involved just sorting on filenames--that way I could just name things like "Final Fantasy 9" and "Final Fantasy 8" and everything would sort fine (plus I'd still display the roman numerals as the title in xbmc). I tried adding
Code:
xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(handle=int( self._handle ), sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_FILE)
to the py file, and it made a "Sort by: File" show up in Aeon Nox; however it didn't actually sort anything, and I'm not sure why. I would greatly appreciate any assistance on how to add new sort methods to Advanced Launcher.

By the way, I was able to 'hack' the sorting in by adding
Code:
xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(handle=int( self._handle ), sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_UNSORTED)
and also changing the sort code in _get_roms(...) to
Code:
for key in sorted(roms, key= lambda x : os.path.basename(os.path.splitext(roms[x]["filename"])[0])):
This obviously isn't ideal though because once you change the sorting from "Sort by: Default" to anything else, you can never return to the original sorting without restarting xbmc (and thus calling _get_roms(...) again).

TLDR: I'm trying to find a way to add additional sort methods to Advanced Launcher, and I could definitely use some help!
The only solution I see is to effectively name your files Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 9, etc... and display their titles as Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, etc.. Then finally add a sorting method based on filenames.

Use
Code:
and modify
Code:
for key in sorted(roms, key= lambda x : os.path.basename(os.path.splitext(roms[x]["filename"])[0]))
is not a good idea because this sorting will be based on the order of the declared items into the launchers.xml file. A better move will be to add a ListItem.FileName entry during the creation of the list items and then add a sorting based on filenames :
Code:
I have just to veriry that ListItem.FileName and SORT_METHOD_FILE are supported for programm add-ons. I will have time to work on this during this week-end. And If I found a way to add this feature, I will release an updated version of Advanced Launcher during the same period.
Hello!

I am using this addon with AeonMQ3 skin on a AMD Fusion HTPC with XBMC xvba.

My XBMC runs standalone (xbmc minimal installation > boots directly into XBMC)
(I guess it's the same as XBMClive)

Now I try to start ultrastar deluxe from it, but somehow XBMC stays in the front and my keys still control XBMC and not ultrastar.

Is there a solution for this? When I run XBMC in fluxbox, ultrastar runs fine when launched from xbmc.
Hi Chaps,

I followed this guide - http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Winkawaks

But I can't get winkawaks to work

When I click the rom winkawaks opens but the game doesn't load?

Also all the roms I have work in neoragex but only a handful work for winkawaks although I suppose thats a problem for the winkawaks forum.
Zootoxin Wrote:Hi Chaps,

Also all the roms I have work in neoragex but only a handful work for winkawaks although I suppose thats a problem for the winkawaks forum.

As a disclaimer, I know nothing about winkawaks, but I do recall seeing something about it on the Advanced Launcher forums. The link is http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=232. It looks like the way winkawaks takes command line arguments has changed, so perhaps the script in the link will fix your issues.
cyberman Wrote:Hello!

I am using this addon with AeonMQ3 skin on a AMD Fusion HTPC with XBMC xvba.

My XBMC runs standalone (xbmc minimal installation > boots directly into XBMC)
(I guess it's the same as XBMClive)

Now I try to start ultrastar deluxe from it, but somehow XBMC stays in the front and my keys still control XBMC and not ultrastar.

Is there a solution for this? When I run XBMC in fluxbox, ultrastar runs fine when launched from xbmc.
You can try to suspend XBMC using and .sh script like here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=39. But you must be aware that booting and running XBMC as standalone means that you define system conditions that favors XBMC to be the only running application.
Zootoxin Wrote:Hi Chaps,

WIKI tutorial is for version 1.61 of winkawaks (which is actually the official version : http://www.kawaks.net). For version 1.62 you can follow the script update indicated by utsusemi and made by kawaksman : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=232
  • 218(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24