• 224(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2012-04-01, 03:43)RedPenguin Wrote: I am running the exact same version of XBMC on both and here is my sop.bat:

NOTE: %1 is just the argument sent by Advanced Launcher like "115511" for Investigation Discovery
Code:
if exist c:\progra~1\videolan\vlc (set "vlc=c:\progra~1\videolan\vlc\vlc")
if exist c:\progra~2\videolan\vlc (set "vlc=c:\progra~2\videolan\vlc\vlc")
ssh 192.168.0.1 -l adam 'sop %1'
echo bob
sleep 10s
%vlc% -f http://192.168.0.1:7010/tv.asf
ssh 192.168.0.1 -l adam 'killall sp-sc-auth'

Basically it's first seeing which directory VLC is located (32-bit vs 64-bit system)
SSHing to my Linux PC and saying start X sopcast channel.
Start VLC after sleeping for 10 seconds
After VLC quits, kill Sopcast channel.

Basically on both of my Win 7 PCs (one is 32bit, other is 64-bit), XBMC temporarily goes small then immediately returns to full screen. VLC pops up and starts playing my channel. I then have the remote press Alt-F4 to kill VLC, and XBMC returns on screen.

For some reason this exact same bat file on my XP just ends up making XBMC go into Window mode and nothing else happens.

EDIT: nvm on the full screen/window mode thing, it appears it only goes to window mode temporarily while running VLC then VLC closes and snaps back to full screen. Didn't seem it was doing that before.
Two things you can try to debug your problem :
  • First is to go into Advanced Launcher settings, then go into Debug menu and activate the "Show batch command window".option. This option will display your .bat file when it will be started.
  • Second, close XBMC, open a CMD bash windows and start XBMC using command line.
By doing this, a an error occurs, error message will be reported into one of both bash windows.

It is the spaces it appears.

Using method #1: A DOS prompt opens and says:

"C:\Documents" is not a valid command.

Does my launchers.xml maybe need some kind of quotes in it or something to let it know about the spaces?

I mean like how you do cd "c:\program files".
how do i update the second launcher to 1.8.1? the first launcher has updated automatically one i installed via the repository but the second launcher is still on 1.7.x
be kind, rewind
(2012-04-01, 06:54)RedPenguin Wrote: It is the spaces it appears.

Using method #1: A DOS prompt opens and says:

"C:\Documents" is not a valid command.
Ok... Great. So now we know that the problem comes from Windows XP (remember that it is a 11 years old operating system), which is not able to start commands line containing paths with spaces (I totally forget this). I will try to see If I can add a fix into next version of Advanced Launcher to correct the path started by Advanced Launcher . Maybe I will send you the fix before (because I do not have any Windows XP operating system here).

(2012-04-01, 06:54)RedPenguin Wrote: Does my launchers.xml maybe need some kind of quotes in it or something to let it know about the spaces?

I mean like how you do cd "c:\program files".
No, Advanced Launcher already start application with command line paths using quotes. Here to problem is that Windows XP do not like path with space. For "c:\program files" you must do "cd c:\progra~1". But actually Advanced Launcher does not do automatically the conversion (8.3 DOS format). That what I will try to add into the next version.

Actually what you can try it the manually edit your launchers.xml file and replace paths like "c:\program files" into "cd c:\progra~1"
(2012-04-01, 12:31)dirtymurt Wrote: how do i update the second launcher to 1.8.1? the first launcher has updated automatically one i installed via the repository but the second launcher is still on 1.7.x
Because you have manually renamed and modified your second installation of Advanced Launcher (for duplication), it cannot now be updated automatically. You need to manually download the last Advanced Launcher version, replace files, and again rename and modify them. Sorry.

Angelscry thank you for your answers.

As a temp fix so I can enjoy use of the plugin on my TV XBMC I just went ahead and changed the paths to 8.3.

DOCUME~1 and MYDOCU~1 seem to do the trick well.

But yea XP is old but my TV PC is 2.1 GHZ Dual Core 2GB RAM.

I'm not sure 2GB RAM is enough for Win 7 and it's old DDR2 and the RAM is a lot higher than DDR3 these days.
Hello Angelscry and congratulations for the work you have done is extraordinary. I encountered a problem launching emulation games. The launcher get an error if the source is located in a network hard disk such as a shared nas xbmc as a source of "smb". I noticed this because when I run emulator and game from local xbmc throwing everything works. Rather strange because if I run the emulator from nas (outside xbmc) works fine. I conclude that A-launcher have a problem on the file paths, is possible?
(2012-04-01, 16:11)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 12:31)dirtymurt Wrote: how do i update the second launcher to 1.8.1? the first launcher has updated automatically one i installed via the repository but the second launcher is still on 1.7.x
Because you have manually renamed and modified your second installation of Advanced Launcher (for duplication), it cannot now be updated automatically. You need to manually download the last Advanced Launcher version, replace files, and again rename and modify them. Sorry.
thanks, i thought so, any way to retain my comics or will i need to re-add them?

be kind, rewind
(2012-04-02, 13:21)maxguiso Wrote: Hello Angelscry and congratulations for the work you have done is extraordinary. I encountered a problem launching emulation games. The launcher get an error if the source is located in a network hard disk such as a shared nas xbmc as a source of "smb". I noticed this because when I run emulator and game from local xbmc throwing everything works. Rather strange because if I run the emulator from nas (outside xbmc) works fine. I conclude that A-launcher have a problem on the file paths, is possible?
Yes and no. Yes Advanced Launcher cannot actually manage SMB paths, The main reason is that most the emulators do not support SMB paths in there command line. So the interest to use SMB paths is really limited. BTW, the method to bypass this problem is simply to mount your external NAS share directory as a local drive.
(2012-04-02, 14:31)dirtymurt Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 16:11)Angelscry Wrote:
thanks, i thought so, any way to retain my comics or will i need to re-add them?
You just have to replace Advanced Launcher installation files. You do not need to touch or modify Advanced Launcher settings files located into xbmc userdata directory. If you do this, it will retain your comics.

(2012-04-02, 03:36)RedPenguin Wrote: Angelscry thank you for your answers.

As a temp fix so I can enjoy use of the plugin on my TV XBMC I just went ahead and changed the paths to 8.3.

DOCUME~1 and MYDOCU~1 seem to do the trick well.

But yea XP is old but my TV PC is 2.1 GHZ Dual Core 2GB RAM.

I'm not sure 2GB RAM is enough for Win 7 and it's old DDR2 and the RAM is a lot higher than DDR3 these days.
Ok.. great.

(2011-02-27, 22:40)Goga777 Wrote: with

Code:
-kioskmode -ScreenWidth 1920 -ScreenHeight 1080

opera doesn't start at all - I don't know why

yes, with

Quote:opera -fullscreen "%rom%"

alt-f4 works well

Hey, don't know if you figured this out already, but try using
Code:
-geometry 1920x1080+0+0
it should give you 100% fullscreen with all menus, so no kioskmode with only this argument.
I saw this youtube video where this guy was setting up hyperspin with xbmc and the guy use an addon called executor. But I can't seem to find the executor addon in my program nor settings addon list. I would prefer to use hyperspin in my xbmc then the advance launcher way. Any help would be appreciated.
(2012-04-03, 03:06)keysta75 Wrote: I saw this youtube video where this guy was setting up hyperspin with xbmc and the guy use an addon called executor. But I can't seem to. find the executor addon in my program nor settings addon list. I would prefer to use hyperspin in my xbmc then the advance launcher way. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm not sure Executor still compatible with Eden version of XBMC. BTW, if you want, you can use Advanced Launcher to create a stand-alone that will start Hyperspin.

Wink 
(2012-04-03, 04:11)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 03:06)keysta75 Wrote: I saw this youtube video where this guy was setting up hyperspin with xbmc and the guy use an addon called executor. But I can't seem to. find the executor addon in my program nor settings addon list. I would prefer to use hyperspin in my xbmc then the advance launcher way. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm not sure Executor still compatible with Eden version of XBMC. BTW, if you want, you can use Advanced Launcher to create a stand-alone that will start Hyperspin.

Thanks I will try that. Is there a way to have the hyperspin install on the menu page?
(2012-04-03, 04:53)keysta75 Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 04:11)Angelscry Wrote:

Thanks I will try that. Is there a way to have the hyperspin install on the menu page?
You just have to create a stand alone launcher linked to your Hyperspin executable file. Then into XBMC add this stand alone launcher as favourite. Finally into your Skin settings indicate to add this favourite as a menu entry into the menu page (if your skin allows it). Here is also a Youtube tutorial how to proceed : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8edJlmG6lw

Really liking the look of this addon, some of the screenshots you've done i didn't even think about (graphic novel stuff). I can also think of more things to do.

Thanks and keep up the good work Smile

Edit: Looking over the supported skins linked in the first post, the default skin; Confluence is very behind :/ I actually quite like it aswell but maybe its time to have a look at other more supportive ones. Shame though.
  • 224(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24