• 275(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2012-12-11, 08:31)bakito Wrote: I have the same problem of pc going crazy and starting multiple instance of the same launcher at once, it doesn't occure during emulation ( as if xbmc is still controlled by pad with emulation above xbmc ) but actually it happen when quitting the emulation ( or pc game), xbmc receive multiple button press even if I don't touch it.If it's a direction ( up by example) it's not that bad, I get back to xbmc and the menu is going up until I touch the pad again....BUT if it's the A button ( which is enter to me in xbmc) when I quit a game, xbmc understand he has to launch whatever launcher the cursor is upon and multiple time!!! which can be really a problem ( pc can crash badly...)
It doesn' t happen with darhma, eden just never work with wireless 360 pad ( which is a shame ) and frodo, well works but the new way of handeling the pad is not so great...if you want angel I could get a log of that problem ( I have a game that reproduce the bug everytime...) but i'm not sure it's a advanced launcher bug...mostly an xbmc bug, maybe the solution can consist of a way to "block" command from pad when returning to xbmc for a few second, just enough time for us to ,well push a direction or B (back ) button to prevent the button press repetition...because this button madly repetition is discontinued when we press the pad again....
I'm not sure I m clear angel, if that can help we can PM as I'm french we could discuss this in french but again I don't think it's a advanced launcher problem, surely an xbmc one.I already creat a thread a few times ago to show this bug of button repeteting but no one really care ( "check your battery" is the response I get and since the "edengate" concerning the pad support I must say I'm quite sad with xbmc...evrything was fine with dharma...;(
anyway cheers everyone!

edit: lucky me it was "up" that get stuck this time...
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=20393
cheers
No, necessity to discuss into PM, all is pretty clear for me that the problem comes from the last XBMC Beta3 version. Seems that the xbox 360 controller actions are buffered (somewhere) when XBMC is out of focus, and applied once XBMC get the focus back.

Bakito, does this problem occurs also if you use the suspend/restore script or a close/restart script? I have try the Beta3 this morning, but I was not able to reproduce the problem.... The fact that I do not have a xbox 360 controller could be the reason. Could you please test both script solution? It will help me to understand where are buffered the xbox 360 controller actions (out or into XBMC).

On my side I will try to see if I found a way to block this controller actions from Advanced Launcher before and after starting an application. Thanks!! Wink

He explained the problem better than I did, but we have identical situations. Could you explain briefly how to setup a script in xbmc?
(2012-12-11, 18:51)zippenpipper Wrote: He explained the problem better than I did, but we have identical situations. Could you explain briefly how to setup a script in xbmc?
Most of all the detail are into the link I have given. But instead of asking me how to bypass an XBMC bug, it may be more useful to directly ask XBMC developers to fix it.
Ok I am trying to get a suspend script working, here is my code currently:

Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
cd "J:\My Games\SNES\Emulator"
zsnesw.exe -m -s -v 22 "%rom%"
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe

For clarification, my emulator is located at J:\My Games\SNES\Emulator\zsnesw.exe

I followed all the steps but it doesnt seem to want to boot up zsnes.
(2012-12-11, 19:42)zippenpipper Wrote: Ok I am trying to get a suspend script working, here is my code currently:

Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
zsnesw.exe -m -s -v 22 "%rom%"
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe

For clarification, my emulator is located at J:\My Games\SNES\Emulator\zsnesw.exe

I followed all the steps but it doesnt seem to want to boot up zsnes.
Do you have take care to modify your ZSNES launcher? Make it pointing to your .bat script and modifying the argument to simply "%rom%"? Does it start the .bat script? You will need to activate the show command windows option into Advanced Launcher debug settings to see it.

In a general case, if you want to see what is really happen, open a cmd windows and start XBMC from here. Then all the error messages that may occurring within ZSNES will be displayed into the this cmd window.
Ok, so after messing around in CMD for a while, i couldnt find any error messages. I found that the problem was my command line commands for ZSNESW. I removed all of them except for %rom%. The bat works now, except zsnesw doesnt run the rom specified, and it isnt in fullscreen. Any suggestions? This is my current text:

Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
zsnesw.exe "%rom%"
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe
(2012-12-11, 20:42)zippenpipper Wrote: Ok, so after messing around in CMD for a while, i couldnt find any error messages. I found that the problem was my command line commands for ZSNESW. I removed all of them except for %rom%. The bat works now, except zsnesw doesnt run the rom specified, and it isnt in fullscreen. Any suggestions? This is my current text:

Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
zsnesw.exe "%rom%"
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe
Oupsss.. I have miss your mistake in your previous post. The right script must be :

Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
zsnesw.exe  -m -s -v 22  "%1"
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe
I have been playing around with the updated code. I figured out that i need the parameter "-f" to get zsnesw to lauch in full screen. The parameter "-m" prevents the program from starting at all, and I cant find a configuration that actually launches the rom. They all just open the program without a rom. I have tried every different permutation of "%1" and "%rom%" in advanced launcher and the .bat but no luck.
(2012-12-11, 21:37)zippenpipper Wrote: I have been playing around with the updated code. I figured out that i need the parameter "-f" to get zsnesw to lauch in full screen. The parameter "-m" prevents the program from starting at all, and I cant find a configuration that actually launches the rom. They all just open the program without a rom. I have tried every different permutation of "%1" and "%rom%" in advanced launcher and the .bat but no luck.
Its definitively %1 that you have to use in your .bat script instead of %rom%. For the other parameters (-m -s v) it will depend of your system :

-m : is to disable the GUI. So you can use it or not, depending if you want to see the application menu or not.
-s : is to enable the sound emulation (SPC700/DSP).
-v : is to select the video mode (details are into zsnesw.cfg configuration file).

Are you able to start a rom with ZSNES out of XBMC using the command line?

Can anyone help me get a comicbook (cdisplayex) reader working, i have set one up in launcher but when i do the add itemas scan for my comic cbrs nothing is found, can anyone help?

here is the log file

http://pastebin.com/fY8L0YwV
Ok, if anyone has the same problem as I had, this is how i fixed it.

here is the .bat

Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
J:
zsnesw.exe %1
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe

The console command for advanced launcher was "%rom%" (include parenthesis).

no other console commands work, they just make it not work properly. Figure out other ways to make your emulator launch properly.
(2012-12-12, 02:39)zippenpipper Wrote: Ok, if anyone has the same problem as I had, this is how i fixed it.

here is the .bat

Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
J:
zsnesw.exe %1
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe

The console command for advanced launcher was "%rom%" (include parenthesis).

no other console commands work, they just make it not work properly. Figure out other ways to make your emulator launch properly.
You may have a problem with your system. I have just try this :

ZSNES : 1.51
XBMC : 12.0-RC1 Git:20121210-baaa51c
Windows 8 : 64-bit
Advanced Launcher : 1.10.7

Using this .bat script to suspend/restore XBMC :

Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\zsnesw151"
zsnesw.exe -m -s -v 19 %1
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe

As I have explained before the -v parameter is used to indicate the video mode you will use to start ZSNES on your system. So the -v parameter maybe different depending of the user's screen resolution and display. If you use a video mode with a resolution not supported by you screen, you may encounter some video problem. Here is the ZSNES -v parameter values list (comes directly from the zsnes.cfg) :

Code:
;  ----
; -- Video --
;  ----

; Video Mode [0..42]
;   0 = 256x224      R WIN     1 = 256x224        R FULL
;   2 = 512x448      R WIN     3 = 512x448       DR WIN
;   4 = 640x480      S WIN     5 = 640x480       DS WIN
;   6 = 640x480     DR FULL    7 = 640x480       DS FULL
;   8 = 640x480      S FULL    9 = 768x672        R WIN
;  10 = 768x672     DR WIN    11 = 800x600        S WIN
;  12 = 800x600     DS WIN    13 = 800x600        S FULL
;  14 = 800x600     DR FULL   15 = 800x600       DS FULL
;  16 = 1024x768     S WIN    17 = 1024x768      DS WIN
;  18 = 1024x768     S FULL   19 = 1024x768      DR FULL
;  20 = 1024x768    DS FULL   21 = 1024x896       R WIN
;  22 = 1024x896    DR WIN    23 = 1280x960       S WIN
;  24 = 1280x960    DS WIN    25 = 1280x960       S FULL
;  26 = 1280x960    DR FULL   27 = 1280x960      DS FULL
;  28 = 1280x1024    S WIN    29 = 1280x1024     DS WIN
;  30 = 1280x1024    S FULL   31 = 1280x1024     DR FULL
;  32 = 1280x1024   DS FULL   33 = 1600x1200      S WIN
;  34 = 1600x1200   DS WIN    35 = 1600x1200     DR FULL
;  36 = 1600x1200   DS FULL   37 = 1600x1200      S FULL
;  38 = CUSTOM      D  WIN    39 = CUSTOM        DS FULL
;  40 = CUSTOM         WIN    41 = CUSTOM         S FULL
;  42 = CUSTOM      DR FULL
; You need to select one of the custom video modes and modify CustomResX/Y to
; properly use custom res support.
; WARNING: Custom resolutions are only valid if they are supported by your system!
; ZSNES will hang if an invalid fullscreen resolution is used.

The launcher configuration into Advanced launcher is like this :

Application : C:\Program Files (x86)\zsnesw151\zsnesw-launcher.bat
Arguments : "%rom%"
File Extension : zip|smc|sfc

To avoid to see XBMC window minimizing you can set the "toggle XBMC fullscren" option into the "Advanced modifications" menu entry of the launcher to OFF.

Now... does this avoid the XBOX 360 controller to send actions to XBMC when it was minimized?
(2012-12-12, 00:05)lestat1977uk Wrote: ...
Can anyone help me get a comicbook (cdisplayex) reader working, i have set one up in launcher but when i do the add itemas scan for my comic cbrs nothing is found, can anyone help?

here is the log file

http://pastebin.com/fY8L0YwV
Code:
IOError: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", u'smb://XBMC/Pictures/Artwork/Comics Artwork/Covers/cdisplayex.exe_thumb.jpg')

Advanced Launcher do not support SMB paths... and I'm also strongly suspect that cdisplayex command line do not support them also. You need to connect a network drive to fully acces it with Advanced Launcher : http://www.itechtalk.com/thread3673.html
(2012-12-09, 08:26)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 07:33)kamikaze7100 Wrote: <launcher>
<id>733161b6ea2dc5ebc38e09f0e9000234</id>
<name>PlayStation 2</name>
<application>F:\Emulators\Emulators\Sony\PCSX2\pcsx2-5437-windows-x86\pcsx2-r5435.exe</application>
<args>"%rom%"</args>
<rompath>F:\Emulators\Roms\Sony\PlayStation 2\</rompath>
<thumbpath>F:\Emulators\Roms\Sony\PlayStation 2\Thumbs\</thumbpath>
<fanartpath>F:\Emulators\Roms\Sony\PlayStation 2\Fanart\</fanartpath>
<custompath>F:\Emulators\Roms\Sony\PlayStation 2\Fanart\</custompath>
<romext>iso</romext>
<platform>Playstation 2</platform>
<thumb></thumb>
<fanart></fanart>
<genre></genre>
<release></release>
<publisher></publisher>
<launcherplot></launcherplot>
<minimize>false</minimize>
<lnk>false</lnk>
<roms>
thats the setup
Ok... The application parameter of the launcher must point to your compiled Autoit script and not to the PCSX2 application itself.

Well I had the launcher file set i just forgot to change it when I copied the settings and after u mentioned that it was a AutoIt script I compiled it with AutoIt. But I'm still getting the same result, still the same massage after I replaced the Autohotkey with the AutoIt exe file.
It looks like Pcsx2 is unable to find the ISO file but its starting all games if I select just the pcsx2.exe without any problems (except closing on ESC).

(2012-12-12, 04:33)kamikaze7100 Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 08:26)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 07:33)kamikaze7100 Wrote: <launcher>
<id>733161b6ea2dc5ebc38e09f0e9000234</id>
<name>PlayStation 2</name>
<application>F:\Emulators\Emulators\Sony\PCSX2\pcsx2-5437-windows-x86\pcsx2-r5435.exe</application>
<args>"%rom%"</args>
<rompath>F:\Emulators\Roms\Sony\PlayStation 2\</rompath>
<thumbpath>F:\Emulators\Roms\Sony\PlayStation 2\Thumbs\</thumbpath>
<fanartpath>F:\Emulators\Roms\Sony\PlayStation 2\Fanart\</fanartpath>
<custompath>F:\Emulators\Roms\Sony\PlayStation 2\Fanart\</custompath>
<romext>iso</romext>
<platform>Playstation 2</platform>
<thumb></thumb>
<fanart></fanart>
<genre></genre>
<release></release>
<publisher></publisher>
<launcherplot></launcherplot>
<minimize>false</minimize>
<lnk>false</lnk>
<roms>
thats the setup
Ok... The application parameter of the launcher must point to your compiled Autoit script and not to the PCSX2 application itself.

Well I had the launcher file set i just forgot to change it when I copied the settings and after u mentioned that it was a AutoIt script I compiled it with AutoIt. But I'm still getting the same result, still the same massage after I replaced the Autohotkey with the AutoIt exe file.
It looks like Pcsx2 is unable to find the ISO file but its starting all games if I select just the pcsx2.exe without any problems (except closing on ESC).
Hummm... ok. So... another suggestion. Try to remove the double quotes around the $CmdLine[1] into the script. Also the running PCSX2 executable will be pcsx2-r5435.exe. So this is the process that must be closed by the Terminate function. Try this script :

Code:
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
    If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
        Run ( '"F:\Emulators\Emulators\Sony\PCSX2\pcsx2-5437-windows-x86\pcsx2-r5435.exe" --nogui --fullscreen ' & $CmdLine[1], "F:\Emulators\Emulators\Sony\PCSX2\pcsx2-5437-windows-x86" )
        While 1
            Sleep(100)
        WEnd
    EndIf

Func Terminate()
    ProcessClose ( "pcsx2.exe" )
    Exit 0
EndFunc

• 275(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24