• 276(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Hi angel, I will try the script as soon as I can right now work is taking all my time Sad
For ps2 i m using a similar script which turn off xbmc then start it after i m done and i don t recall any kind of problem...more testing when coming back from work!
I tried the new script but still getting the same massage.
(2012-12-12, 06:27)bakito Wrote: Hi angel, I will try the script as soon as I can right now work is taking all my time Sad
For ps2 i m using a similar script which turn off xbmc then start it after i m done and i don t recall any kind of problem...more testing when coming back from work!

what version of pcsx2 are u using?

Hi, i have the XBOX controller buffer bug, too!
(2012-12-11, 03:49)zippenpipper Wrote: I am having some major problems with my Windows 7 box and Advanced Launcher. Whenever I exit an emulator, the system starts freaking out and opening tens of instances of the emulator. It then proceeds to completely delete all the settings and I have to re add and scrape all the systems and games.

exactly the same issue here!!!
found something about the bug. now digging to find a solution!
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10747
(2012-12-12, 06:27)bakito Wrote: Hi angel, I will try the script as soon as I can right now work is taking all my time Sad
Also take care to install the last version of XBMC. We are now into RC1. RC1 could have fixed the problem. Also have you try to switch the toggle XBMC fullscren option of your launcher to OFF?

Personally, on my HTPC system I alway use scripts to suspend/resume XBMC when starting another application. It effectively avoid every possible buffering actions problems but also force XBMC to use less CPU ressources.

(2012-12-12, 06:29)kamikaze7100 Wrote: I tried the new script but still getting the same massage.
Hmmmm... really strange. Seems that it is not related to the PCSX2 command line. Could be rom/iso path value that is send correctly to PCSX2. Could you please check if :
  • your actual real rom/ISO path,
  • the rom/ISO file path stored into the launchers.xml file of Advanced Launcher,
  • and the rom/ISO path file reported by PCSX2 message error,

are the same?

(2012-12-12, 06:29)kamikaze7100 Wrote: what version of pcsx2 are u using?
I do not use PCSX2 at all.
(2012-12-12, 11:53)DocMAX Wrote: found something about the bug. now digging to find a solution!
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10747
Yes but it seems to be an old bug report. Have you try the RC1 version of XBMC? Do you have thre same problem? Have you try to put the "Toggle XBMC fullscreen" option of your launcher (into "Advanced Modifications" menu) to OFF?

for me the problem is not with pcsx 2 ( because I shut xbmc down when starting it) but with pc game, and if I switch toggle fullscreen off, xbmc stay in focus and could not see my game ( which I guess is behind...maybe I just use the option of "fullscreen windows instead of "setting I can't remember, I'm at work now I will try different setting tomorrow...
I recall it did the same bug with mugen.exe and some other emu but right now I don't remember, seems more related to some kind of exe but not all of them, dharma hasn't got this type of problem for sure, maybe shuting down pad driver in xbmc when advanced launch something I don't know maybe it's silly I'm no coder at all.But I just get far cry 3 and when I finish a party xbmc launch it again and again and again....really a problem Sad
since frodo handel pad differently there is this problem, which occure with the first release of frodo...I even try to shut my games via my remote ( which emul keyboard) but no result,coming back to xbmc with button pressed infinitly ( direction or A) until I press another one...
could not try the rc1 now but I will as soon as I can!
or 'it's just an idea, could you not make advance launcher systematicaly suspend xbmc whatever .exe we are launching? no need autoit script, more ressource for the exe and no more pad problem?
again I don't know really I'm no coder...
thanks and cheers everyone!
(2012-12-12, 16:26)bakito Wrote: for me the problem is not with pcsx 2 ( because I shut xbmc down when starting it) but with pc game, and if I switch toggle fullscreen off, xbmc stay in focus and could not see my game ( which I guess is behind...maybe I just use the option of "fullscreen windows instead of "setting I can't remember, I'm at work now I will try different setting tomorrow...
I recall it did the same bug with mugen.exe and some other emu but right now I don't remember, seems more related to some kind of exe but not all of them, dharma hasn't got this type of problem for sure, maybe shuting down pad driver in xbmc when advanced launch something I don't know maybe it's silly I'm no coder at all.But I just get far cry 3 and when I finish a party xbmc launch it again and again and again....really a problem Sad
since frodo handel pad differently there is this problem, which occure with the first release of frodo...I even try to shut my games via my remote ( which emul keyboard) but no result,coming back to xbmc with button pressed infinitly ( direction or A) until I press another one...
could not try the rc1 now but I will as soon as I can!
or 'it's just an idea, could you not make advance launcher systematicaly suspend xbmc whatever .exe we are launching? no need autoit script, more ressource for the exe and no more pad problem?
again I don't know really I'm no coder...
thanks and cheers everyone!
No, that's not possible to suspend systematically XBMC from Advanced Launcher. Advanced Launcher is an XBMC's add-on... so entirely part of XBMC. If you suspend XBMC that mean that you also suspend Advanced Launcher. And if Advanced Launcher is suspended you will have no more control to restore XBMC. The only way to proceed is to suspend/restore XBMC out of XBMC... so using scripts. BTW, the problem is definitively an XBMC bug.

hi, i also tried with RC1 with Toogle Fullscreen On and Off, same problem. and the problem is easy to reproduce: just have the window unfocused by i.e. explorer, make some lef/right movement on the controller (i have an xbox for win controller) and then bring xbmc.exe back on focus. the left/right events are being executed in a loop (endless!).

big big bug, we need to find a solution, can't play my games from the couch anymore =(...
(2012-12-12, 17:44)DocMAX Wrote: hi, i also tried with RC1 with Toogle Fullscreen On and Off, same problem. and the problem is easy to reproduce: just have the window unfocused by i.e. explorer, make some lef/right movement on the controller (i have an xbox for win controller) and then bring xbmc.exe back on focus. the left/right events are being executed in a loop (endless!).

big big bug, we need to find a solution, can't play my games from the couch anymore =(...
I have created a ticket : http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13726

thanks! you mentioned it's only on xbox controller. i will check with another controller too.
(2012-12-12, 18:42)DocMAX Wrote: thanks! you mentioned it's only on xbox controller. i will check with another controller too.
Only Windows OS + XBOX 3060 users have actually reported me the problem. I have quickly test on my side with one of my controllers (PS3+Linux and USB gamepad+Windows), but I was not able to reproduce the problem. So if you could test on your side, It will help to identify the problem. Wink

i checked with a logitech wireless rumblepad 2.. same issue. i think xbmc does not care which device is sending events...
(2012-12-12, 19:07)DocMAX Wrote: i checked with a logitech wireless rumblepad 2.. same issue. i think xbmc does not care which device is sending events...
Ok... I will modify the ticket....

i'm doing a fresh XBMC RC1 install on my notebook. mabye it's somehow hardware/driver related.
LOL same issue! They really messed it up!
  • 276(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24