• 334(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Have you tried the games on a stand alone emulator? As far as I am aware Advanced Launcher has nothing to do with the sound that comes from the emulator. It is merely a launch program. There are no options regarding sound in the config for sound on XBMC Advanced Launcher.

What emulator/s are trying?
Quote:Unfortunately, I cannot do anything. That's XBMC which manage images cache and you effectively need to close/restart XBMC to see change applied. It also happen sometime with movies and series. I can take a look, but I'm not sure that I will be able to change anything.

That's cool, so long as I knew what was going on. If thats the way XBMC is, so be it Smile

I'll take a look at the backup option for launchers.xml
Its very strange, it seems to crash quite regular for me and having to try and restart/create all the launchers again is a pita.

None the less, the games look to be loading/booting in fine so far. Just testing it on my PC in my room, once I know its fine, I'll do the changes to my HTPC.
Also might need new icons for the emulators being rectangle rather than square since MQ4 skin seems to be different to MQ3, bah...
what variables besided %rom% can i use in the xml?
(2013-05-20, 02:28)Mark Norville Wrote: Have you tried the games on a stand alone emulator? As far as I am aware Advanced Launcher has nothing to do with the sound that comes from the emulator. It is merely a launch program. There are no options regarding sound in the config for sound on XBMC Advanced Launcher.

I can appreciate that. I think this might be an audio pass-through thing (maybe). It just seems quite fundamental, and exists only with emulators; so right that it's not ALA per-say, but I think this might be a good place to post, given the audience. I did have this working in RCB, but wanted to try ALA, so I'm wondering if there is a difference in handling audio. It could be some recent auto-software update .. maybe.

(2013-05-20, 02:28)Mark Norville Wrote: What emulator/s are trying?

mednafen
gens
zsnes
pcsx
pcsx2
mame
scummvm
steam
lxdream (WIP)
mupen64plus
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2013-05-20, 04:56)sudopinion Wrote: what variables besided %rom% can i use in the xml?
http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4#p4

(2013-05-20, 13:19)n1md4 Wrote:
(2013-05-20, 02:28)Mark Norville Wrote: Have you tried the games on a stand alone emulator? As far as I am aware Advanced Launcher has nothing to do with the sound that comes from the emulator. It is merely a launch program. There are no options regarding sound in the config for sound on XBMC Advanced Launcher.

I can appreciate that. I think this might be an audio pass-through thing (maybe). It just seems quite fundamental, and exists only with emulators; so right that it's not ALA per-say, but I think this might be a good place to post, given the audience. I did have this working in RCB, but wanted to try ALA, so I'm wondering if there is a difference in handling audio. It could be some recent auto-software update .. maybe.

(2013-05-20, 02:28)Mark Norville Wrote: What emulator/s are trying?

mednafen
gens
zsnes
pcsx
pcsx2
mame
scummvm
steam
lxdream (WIP)
mupen64plus
That again a XBMC problem... that directly affect addons like Advanced Launcher :
If you are using Pulse Audio on your system : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1322276
If you are only using ALSA on your system : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1376322
I am just setting up the ZSNES 151 emulator and the application arguments are coming up as thus

-m -s -v 22 "%rom%" I have always had sound though but I shall report back in a second.

Maybe -s or -v 22 may possibly be sound or volume. I shall edit once it has done loading the ROMS.

I have done an install using those commands and they have worked fine for me on the zsnes emu. I see that Angelcry has given you things to try so hopefully that will work for you.
(2013-05-20, 16:38)Mark Norville Wrote: I am just setting up the ZSNES 151 emulator and the application arguments are coming up as thus

-m -s -v 22 "%rom%" I have always had sound though but I shall report back in a second.

Maybe -s or -v 22 may possibly be sound or volume. I shall edit once it has done loading the ROMS.

I should have added, my zsnes setup is a WIP too. I have the -ad alsa argument too. Since switching to ALA zsnes doesn't work at all. I should probably post logs about that - can't at the moment, at work.
Display Sony Bravia 32"
When you get home, go into your zsnes set up and just delete zsnes.cfg and then you can load up the program and install new options.
The -ad alsa line was stopping zsnes from loading, removing it got the emulator working.

The audio is working now too, on all emulators, using my own thread! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147022 Big Grin

I now have the problem that when existing a game XBMC is about a fifth fullscreen size, and usually locks up. I should add, I have to enable XBMC to run in windowed mode to get any game working in the first place..
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2013-05-21, 01:43)n1md4 Wrote: The -ad alsa line was stopping zsnes from loading, removing it got the emulator working.

The audio is working now too, on all emulators, using my own thread! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147022 Big Grin

I now have the problem that when existing a game XBMC is about a fifth fullscreen size, and usually locks up. I should add, I have to enable XBMC to run in windowed mode to get any game working in the first place..
You can avoid this by :
  • settings XBMC and your applications/emulators video setups as the same resolution than your desktop.
  • force to restore your desktop resolution (and so XBMC resolution) once you exit an application using a small .sh script.

(2013-05-20, 16:38)Mark Norville Wrote: I am just setting up the ZSNES 151 emulator and the application arguments are coming up as thus

I have done an install using those commands and they have worked fine for me on the zsnes emu. I see that Angelcry has given you things to try so hopefully that will work for you.
Here is the ZSNES command line doccumentation : http://zsnes-docs.sourceforge.net/html/advanced.htm. The -v argument correspond to the video mode. The 22 value depend of your system video setting and the operating system you are using. It would be different for each user. Onceyou define a custom video settings you have to indicate the custom video resolution into your zsnesl.cfg configuration file.
if i want to swap from adding comics to adding games, do i need to change the scrapers every time??
be kind, rewind
(2013-05-22, 09:22)dirtymurt Wrote: if i want to swap from adding comics to adding games, do i need to change the scrapers every time??

No, setup 2 sources.
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2013-05-22, 11:44)n1md4 Wrote:
(2013-05-22, 09:22)dirtymurt Wrote: if i want to swap from adding comics to adding games, do i need to change the scrapers every time??

No, setup 2 sources.
No... he effectively need to change the scraper sources each time.
(2013-05-18, 03:08)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 02:41)n1md4 Wrote: The point is, I don't want categories at all. If I hide the default category I have nothing within ALA but the ".." with only 'add-on settings' or 'go to root' as options.
So, simply show the default category, put all your launchers inside it and finally point your XBMC Games menu/favorite/shortcut to the Default directory (plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?default) instead of the Advanced Launcher root directory (plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher).

2 questions, if you don't mind Smile

Q1
I have created a 'games' and 'comics' categories, and have moved all my games to 'games'. I then edited my skin home.xml to have this line:

plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?games

But, when I attempt to launch the menu item it prompts me to create a new launcher. How should I correctly link to the 'games' category?

Q2
Before I created a 'comics' category, I edited my skin's home.xml with this menu item:

plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?comics

This gave me to opportunity to add a launcher. But, since creating the 'comics' category I can not either i/ edit the launcher to delete it, or ii/ change the items category; it does not exist in the menu list.

Is there a way to find this rogue launcher and delete it!? ... admittedly, this one is my fault.

Here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21383

Much appreciated.

Lied! Here's another question:

Q3
Is there a scraper for magazines as shown in your first post, or did you create the data locally?
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2013-05-23, 00:22)n1md4 Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 03:08)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 02:41)n1md4 Wrote: The point is, I don't want categories at all. If I hide the default category I have nothing within ALA but the ".." with only 'add-on settings' or 'go to root' as options.
So, simply show the default category, put all your launchers inside it and finally point your XBMC Games menu/favorite/shortcut to the Default directory (plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?default) instead of the Advanced Launcher root directory (plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher).

2 questions, if you don't mind Smile

Q1
I have created a 'games' and 'comics' categories, and have moved all my games to 'games'. I then edited my skin home.xml to have this line:

plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?games

But, when I attempt to launch the menu item it prompts me to create a new launcher. How should I correctly link to the 'games' category?

Q2
Before I created a 'comics' category, I edited my skin's home.xml with this menu item:

plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?comics

This gave me to opportunity to add a launcher. But, since creating the 'comics' category I can not either i/ edit the launcher to delete it, or ii/ change the items category; it does not exist in the menu list.

Is there a way to find this rogue launcher and delete it!? ... admittedly, this one is my fault.

Here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21383

Much appreciated.

Lied! Here's another question:

Q3
Is there a scraper for magazines as shown in your first post, or did you create the data locally?
Q1: the real URL will be : plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?CATEGORY_ID where CATEGORY_ID is an unique ranbom number generated during the category creation. To obtain this CATEGORY_ID you need to create a favourite of your Games categories, edit the favourites.xml file and copy/paste the CATEGORY_ID into your home.xml file : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1422843

Q2: Hummmm... you can edit the launchers.xml file and delete the rogue launcher. BTW, that's effectively not the way to proceed. But... now... thanks to you.... I have a bug to fix... Wink

Q3: Is there a magazine database or ressource? Yes actually all manually. Maybe I can try to create something based on Amazon website or API.
  • 334(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24