• 338(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
hey Angelscry ?

Ive been straggling to update to Frodo - i think im going to go for it this weekend - is advance launcher part of the offical repo ? or do i need to install manually?

Many thanks in advance - great work as always
I tried the last thing you explain and create an adventure game launcher and it works fine!!!
Now with the category option you add I can create a "genre" categorie....great! Now i can brows my games via machine or genre direct from home which is better for me!
For a favourite add on the only thing i know ( and use) is the categoriy add on that give us the possibility to creat differents categories for video add on ( onlySad like catch up tv , streaming .... Each category can be added to favorite so we can brows our video add on more quickly, now on my home i put catch up cat. , trailer, video game ... And now i will add game genre for playing...
Thanks for your advice!
Bonne journée!!
(2013-06-03, 16:46)dugan26 Wrote: hey Angelscry ?

Ive been straggling to update to Frodo - i think im going to go for it this weekend - is advance launcher part of the offical repo ? or do i need to install manually?

Many thanks in advance - great work as always
Advanced Launcher is not on the official XBMC repo. You can install it manually or install my repository to have it automatically updated next time.
Hi there.

Im trying to setup Project 64 2.0 or 2.1. Both give me a message saying "attempt to open file failed".

Arguments: "%rom%" "%romname%

Script:

Code:
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

Run("D:\HTPC\Games\Controller.exe")
Run("D:\HTPC\Programs\nomousy\nomousy.exe /hide", "", @SW_HIDE)
Run("D:\HTPC\Programs\autotaskbarhider\TaskBarHider.exe -hide -exit")

$x = 680
$y = -75
$hGUI = GUICreate('MyGUI', @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0, 0, $WS_POPUP)
$hbpic = GUICtrlCreatePic(@ScriptDir & '\N64.jpg', 0, 0, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)
$hGUI_Child = GUICreate('', 375, 260, @DesktopWidth / 2 - 50, - 75, $WS_POPUP, Default, $hGUI)
$hcartridge = GUICtrlCreatePic('D:\HTPC\Games\N64\Roms\cartridge\' & $CmdLine[2] & '.jpg', 0, 0, 375, 260)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI_Child)
For $y = -250 To 15
   WinMove($hGUI_Child, "", @DesktopWidth / 2 - 50, $y)    
   Sleep(8)
Next
Sleep(2000)
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

If $CmdLine[0] == 2 Then
    GUICreate('MyGUI', @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0, 0, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOPMOST))
    GUISetState()
    Run ( '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.0\Project64.exe"' & $CmdLine[1], "C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.0\" )    
    Run("pssuspend XBMC.exe", "", @SW_HIDE)
    While 1
            Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndIf

Terminate

Func Terminate()

ProcessClose ( "Controller.exe" )
    ProcessClose ( "Project64.exe" )
    Run ( 'pssuspend -r XBMC.exe')
    WinSetState("XBMC","", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
    Run("D:\HTPC\Programs\nomousy\nomousy.exe", "", @SW_HIDE)
    Run("D:\HTPC\Programs\autotaskbarhider\TaskBarHider.exe -show -exit")
    Exit 0
EndFunc

When I use the application straight to project64.exe it actually works. So where is the fault in my script?

Cheers.
I'm supposing that the error message is returned by Project 64 and not your autoIt script, right? First, try to replace in your script :

Code:
Run ( '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.0\Project64.exe"' & $CmdLine[1], "C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.0\" )    

by :

Code:
Run ( '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.0\Project64.exe" "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.0\" )

If your rom path contain spaces, it will avoid to Project64 to consider it as different arguments.
Does it fix the problem?
(2013-06-04, 15:04)Angelscry Wrote: I'm supposing that the error message is returned by Project 64 and not your autoIt script, right? First, try to replace in your script :

Code:

by :

Code:
Run ( '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.0\Project64.exe" "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.0\" )

If your rom path contain spaces, it will avoid to Project64 to consider it as different arguments.
Does it fix the problem?

Cheers mate. It works perfectly. I thought "' replace the " in "%rom%"...

Thanks anyway.
Hi Angelscry- question -

I followed the instructions you provided and got my 2 separate instances of advance launcher to work on Frodo.

One problem (not a big one but would like to know if this is how it is supposed to be or if i did something wrong.

After the install - now when i click into advance launcher it does not "open" my provided program immediately it brings me to another "level" where it says Default - then i select Default and then i see my "program"

for example one of my launchers is for Hyperspin

So i pick Advance Launcher
Hyperspin

Before i use to pick Advance Launcher and then Hyperspin would immediately just launch

What did I mess up?
(2013-06-05, 18:05)dugan26 Wrote: Hi Angelscry- question -

I followed the instructions you provided and got my 2 separate instances of advance launcher to work on Frodo.

One problem (not a big one but would like to know if this is how it is supposed to be or if i did something wrong.

After the install - now when i click into advance launcher it does not "open" my provided program immediately it brings me to another "level" where it says Default - then i select Default and then i see my "program"

for example one of my launchers is for Hyperspin

So i pick Advance Launcher
Hyperspin

Before i use to pick Advance Launcher and then Hyperspin would immediately just launch

What did I mess up?
That's normal.

Since its version 2.0, Advanced Launcher support categories creation/management to sort launchers. The good news is that there is no need anymore to use duplicate versions of Advanced Launcher (if you want for example to use Advanced Launcher for games and comics). Instead, you just have now to create different categories (one for games, one for comics, etc...) and put all the corresponding launchers inside them.

Also, when you update Advanced Launcher form version prior to 2.0 to versions up to 2.0, all your existing launchers are automatically stored into the default category (named "Default"). Also when you directly start Advanced Launcher you are now not redirected to a list of launchers, but to the categories list. Advanced Launcher also include an option (into settings) to import the launchers.xml from your duplicate version of Advanced Launcher to merge them into a single launchers.xml file.
Really!?

wow i wish i knew - ok ok - so how do i do that?

I currently followed the instructions on copy pasting ADVL and renaming second instance to .2 etc .... from your youtube ...

when i go into comics i get default and when i go into hyperspin i get default

How do i revert back to get one ADVL with categories ?

This is great!!!!
(2013-06-05, 19:32)dugan26 Wrote: Really!?

wow i wish i knew - ok ok - so how do i do that?

I currently followed the instructions on copy pasting ADVL and renaming second instance to .2 etc .... from your youtube ...

when i go into comics i get default and when i go into hyperspin i get default

How do i revert back to get one ADVL with categories ?

This is great!!!!
On the main instance of Advanced Launcher, you need to create a category (Advanced Launcher's context menu > "Create New Category") and move all the launchers from the default category into this new one (Launcher's context menu > "Edit Launcher" > "Change Category"). Next go into Advanced Launcher settings > Advanced > Backup Options > Append XML files > then select the launchers.xml file of your old duplicate Advanced Launcher. Then normally all the launchers of the old duplicate Advanced Launcher will be now stored into the default category of your main instance of Advanced Launcher. Then repeat...
Many Thanks - Awesome Work man ...
Hello,
has anybody an !Step by Step! howto to integrate adobe pdf in advanced launcher?

Important:
The PDF must be closed by an remote control and the user must be put back in the xbmc menu.

Nice was an solution without many self building.

Thanks
(2013-06-07, 11:43)Slipass Wrote: has anybody an !Step by Step! howto to integrate adobe pdf in advanced launcher?
Just to remind how works Advanced Launcher : You do not "integrate" any kind application into Advanced Launcher, but you just start them using Advanced Launcher. So for Acrobat, the files launcher creation must be the same way than for the other applications :

application : acrobat_executable_complete_path
arguments : "%rom%"
extension : pdf

Now it could have a more specfic application path and arguments, but once we did not know which version of acrobat or even which operating system you are using, it will be difficult to give you the right anwswer.

(2013-06-07, 11:43)Slipass Wrote: Important:
The PDF must be closed by an remote control and the user must be put back in the xbmc menu.
To remotely control Acrobat, this is not related to Advanced Launcher or XBMC... so maybe you will have more reply on Acrobat support forums (http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat). Also, if you start your Acrobat reader launcher from the XBMC menu (using skin menu/submenu entrie and favourites), once you will close it, you will be returned automatically to the XBMC menu.

(2013-06-07, 11:43)Slipass Wrote: Nice was an solution without many self building.
Not possible do not pass through a self building for a so specific application requests.

thanks!!!!
(2013-06-07, 15:19)bakito Wrote: Image

thanks!!!!
Great... If there is no problem I will add this snapshot on this thread first post to illustrate search capabilities Rofl
  • 338(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24