• 380(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2014-02-26, 01:36)Vonspiel Wrote: Thanks! Stupid Windows 8! I got it to work.

Yes, Windows 8 here as well Smile

Did you encounter the same issue as I did? No platforms listed in "Select the Platform" prompt?
(2014-02-26, 03:12)bjornvil Wrote:
(2014-02-26, 01:36)Vonspiel Wrote: Thanks! Stupid Windows 8! I got it to work.

Yes, Windows 8 here as well Smile

Did you encounter the same issue as I did? No platforms listed in "Select the Platform" prompt?
No problem on my side under Windows 8...

The problem must be related to something else. The fact that Advanced Launcher cannot display the platform list could be related to the fact that Advanced Launcher is not able to access or open the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.advanced.launcher\resources\scrapers\gamesys file. Now, a reason why you could not have acces to this file could be that the actual user of XBMC do not have the right to acces the AppData directory. If could be a Windows rights limitation or an Antiviral protection. Does the actual XBMC user can open the Windows C:\Users\[username]\AppData\ folder? Does the XBMC user and the Windows user are the same?
I figured out what the problem was... My name has Icelandic characters in it (ö) and for some reason having the Appdata in my user folder didn't work.

I moved the XBMC installation to C:\XBMC and run as portable (-p) so all the data is kept in the XBMC folder Smile
Hi Angel,

With the latest version 2.2.7. I get a message "Remote Share" Could not connect to network server.
It happens only on exiting the programs (steam, emulators ...)
I had to roll back to 2.2.0 to get rid of this message. Any clue, how I can get rid of that message.

I am using Gotham Alpha 6, And here below an example of the way all my launchers are set up

<launcher>
<id>2f8bc5d5610dbca3aa478dd75092d39d</id>
<name>Steam Big Picture</name>
<category>bdba1b965b306542cbed74346dd1d031</category>
<application>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Windows Games\Emulator\Steam Big Picture Mode.exe</application>
<args></args>
<rompath></rompath>
<thumbpath>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Windows Games\Posters\</thumbpath>
<fanartpath>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Windows Games\Fanarts\</fanartpath>
<trailerpath></trailerpath>
<custompath>C:\</custompath>
<romext></romext>
<platform>PC</platform>
<thumb>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Windows Games\pcengine.png</thumb>
<fanart>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Windows Games\Fanarts\Steam Big Picture Mode-fanart.jpg</fanart>
<genre>Video Game Platform</genre>
<release>2012</release>
<publisher>Valve</publisher>
<launcherplot>Big picture mode, offering simple, easy-to-read navigation designed specifically for TV. With full controller support, big-picture mode will let gamers kick back and enjoy their favorite games on the biggest screen in the house.</launcherplot>
<finished>false</finished>
<minimize>false</minimize>
<lnk>true</lnk>
<roms>
</roms>
</launcher>

Many thanks in advance
(2014-02-28, 14:20)RazorFR Wrote: Hi Angel,

With the latest version 2.2.7. I get a message "Remote Share" Could not connect to network server.
It happens only on exiting the programs (steam, emulators ...)
I had to roll back to 2.2.0 to get rid of this message. Any clue, how I can get rid of that message.

I am using Gotham Alpha 6, And here below an example of the way all my launchers are set up

<launcher>
<id>2f8bc5d5610dbca3aa478dd75092d39d</id>
<name>Steam Big Picture</name>
<application>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Windows Games\Emulator\Steam Big Picture Mode.exe</application>
<args></args>
<rompath></rompath>
<thumbpath>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Windows Games\Posters\</thumbpath>
<fanartpath>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Windows Games\Fanarts\</fanartpath>
<custompath>C:\</custompath>
<romext></romext>
<platform>PC</platform>
<thumb>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Windows Games\pcengine.png</thumb>
<fanart>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Windows Games\Fanarts\Steam Big Picture Mode-fanart.jpg</fanart>
<release>2012</release>
<publisher>Valve</publisher>
<launcherplot>Big picture mode, offering simple, easy-to-read navigation designed specifically for TV. With full controller support, big-picture mode will let gamers kick back and enjoy their favorite games on the biggest screen in the house.</launcherplot>
<lnk>true</lnk>
<roms>
</roms>
</launcher>

Many thanks in advance
What does exactly the Steam Big Picture Mode.exe executable? Is it an official Steam executable or a compiled script (like autoit)?
Hi Angel,

For steam, that is indeed a AutoHotKey compiled Script. See below the exact code

MouseMove, 2000, 2000
Process, Exist, Steam.exe
if ErrorLevel
Run, "steam://open/bigpicture"
else
Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -tenfoot

Exit

Though the message is also showing with other programs, not using any scripts. Like the one below

<launcher>
<id>403284b78c709856af084336a9161f74</id>
<name>Multiple Arcade</name>
<application>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Multiple Arcade\Emulator\mame64.exe</application>
<args>-inipath "D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Multiple Arcade\Emulator" "%rom%"</args>
<rompath>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Multiple Arcade\Emulator\roms\</rompath>
<thumbpath>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Multiple Arcade\Posters\</thumbpath>
<fanartpath>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Multiple Arcade\Fanarts\</fanartpath>
<custompath></custompath>
<romext>zip</romext>
<platform>3DO</platform>
<thumb>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Multiple Arcade\arcade.png</thumb>
<fanart>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Multiple Arcade\fanart.jpg</fanart>
<release>1997</release>
<publisher>Open Source</publisher>
<launcherplot>MAME (an acronym of Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) is an emulator application designed to recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software on modern personal computers and other platforms. The intention is to preserve gaming history by preventing vintage games from being lost or forgotten. The aim of MAME is to be a reference to the inner workings of the emulated arcade machines; the ability to actually play the games is considered "a nice side effect"</launcherplot>
<lnk>true</lnk>
<roms>
<rom>
<id>9535f606cc29143bb9d62e9490709e39</id>
<name>19XX: The War Against Destiny</name>
<filename>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Multiple Arcade\Emulator\roms\19xx.zip</filename>
<thumb>D:\My Xbmc Emulators\Multiple Arcade\Posters\19XX The War Against Destiny.jpg</thumb>
<fanart></fanart>
<trailer></trailer>
<custom></custom>
<genre>Shooter</genre>
<release>1995</release>
<publisher>Capcom Co., Ltd.</publisher>
<gameplot>The fourth arcade entry in Capcom's vertical scrolling shooter series, 19XX features three playable aircraft in six increasingly challenging missions. Each plane is armed with a distinct special weapon and is individually rated in the following three categories: speed, homing, and power. The eight-way joystick is used to guide your plane, while individual buttons allow you to fire your default weapon, perform an evasive loop, and release bombs. Holding down the fire button lets you charge a special homing attack, while bombs can be powered-up to four levels. Engage rival planes, helicopters, tanks, submarines, and more while advancing toward each stage's climactic boss battle. Earn bonus points by collecting medals and defeating bosses as quickly as possible. Two-player support is also included for simultaneous action on the same screen.</gameplot>
<altapp></altapp>
<altarg></altarg>
</rom>
(2014-02-28, 23:29)RazorFR Wrote: Hi Angel,

For steam, that is indeed a AutoHotKey compiled Script. See below the exact code

MouseMove, 2000, 2000
if ErrorLevel
else

Exit

Though the message is also showing with other programs, not using any scripts. Like the one below
Do you have the same problem with a more recent nightbuild version of XBMC Gotham? Because Alpha6 is a development and unstable version of XBMC that have been released 8 months ago now (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Development_builds), and a lot of modifications/fixes/improvement have been done since this date. For your information the actual version is Alpha12 and a last Windows nightbuild version has been released today for windows (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/).
(2014-03-01, 05:51)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 23:29)RazorFR Wrote: Hi Angel,

MouseMove, 2000, 2000
if ErrorLevel
else

Exit

Do you have the same problem with a more recent nightbuild version of XBMC Gotham? Because Alpha6 is a development and unstable version of XBMC that have been released 8 months ago now (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Development_builds), and a lot of modifications/fixes/improvement have been done since this date. For your information the actual version is Alpha12 and a last Windows nightbuild version has been released today for windows (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/).
Ok... test under windows with the last nightbuild... and I was able to reproduce the problem. The fix will be released in the new hour. Thank you for the feedback.
Version 2.2.8 : This new version of Advanced Launcher fix a bug occuring since version 2.2.1 on the Windows Gotham versions of XBMC, that was displaying a busy state and a "Remote Share" Could not connect to network server error message when exiting a started application. It will be now fixed. Thanks to RazorFR for the feedback.

Changelog :
  • Fix "Remote Share" Could not connect to network server message display under Windows
Wow That was quick.
Many thanks for the support
Hi

I seem to be having a problem with the pc games INK shortcuts. Every time i launch one of the shortcuts from advanced launcher it opens the same game regardless of which game i have chosen. Has anyone else come across this and may perhaps have a possible solution?

Thanks
Torran1
(2014-03-01, 18:49)torran1 Wrote: Hi

I seem to be having a problem with the pc games INK shortcuts. Every time i launch one of the shortcuts from advanced launcher it opens the same game regardless of which game i have chosen. Has anyone else come across this and may perhaps have a possible solution?

Thanks
Torran1
The Windows shortcuts files extension are .LNK (.lnk) not .INK (.ink).
(2014-03-01, 18:52)Angelscry Wrote:

Thanks
Torran1

Yea sorry, that's a typo, thanks for the response! I still cant seem to figure this one out, all the shortcuts paths are correct.

Torran
(2014-03-01, 20:04)torran1 Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 18:52)Angelscry Wrote:

Thanks
Torran1

Yea sorry, that's a typo, thanks for the response! I still cant seem to figure this one out, all the shortcuts paths are correct.

Torran
So, if you still have the problem, please post the content of your launchers.xml file. You may have done something wrong into your launcher configuration.
(2014-03-01, 21:09)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 20:04)torran1 Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 18:52)Angelscry Wrote: The Windows shortcuts files extension are .LNK (.lnk) not .INK (.ink).

Torran
So, if you still have the problem, please post the content of your launchers.xml file. You may have done something wrong into your launcher configuration.

If i have made my pc games under the same file launcher what should the Launcher be? as it appears that this is the problem.
Thanks again
torran1
  • 380(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24