• 384(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2014-03-13, 16:46)sagaopc Wrote: Angels, you can fix Adv Launcher to RetroPlayer XBMC Build? is incompatible!!XBMXC!! Xbox Controll going crazy!
There is nothing to fix. Advanced Launcher is just starting Retroplayer XBMC items like any other XBMC media through XBMC favourites. Also Advanced Launcher do not have any control on controllers. So... your problem is RetroPlayer XBMC Build related.
Just test the favourite launchers and it s great! Thanks a lot for this! Just one question, is it possible to hide fav catgories launchers? Because i creat one to lauch specific stream stuff but now it appears among my game related categories of launchers i know i can hide finished launchers but not the categorie one....i just use it to add a item on home screen but it also shows on my game home menu item now, can t i hide it?
Cheers
(2014-03-14, 09:06)bakito Wrote: Just test the favourite launchers and it s great! Thanks a lot for this! Just one question, is it possible to hide fav catgories launchers? Because i creat one to lauch specific stream stuff but now it appears among my game related categories of launchers i know i can hide finished launchers but not the categorie one....i just use it to add a item on home screen but it also shows on my game home menu item now, can t i hide it?
Cheers
No. Categories, do not have finished/unfinished statut as launcher and items... but I think I can add this feature into a next release.
That ll be great!
Thanks!
Hi!

I use my custom launcher script for running an emulator, because I also freeze the XBMC process, load XBOX controller driver etc.
Everything works fine at first:

1) 'Advanced Launcher' puts XBMC in windowed mode
2) 'Advanced Launcher' runs my custom user script
3) When emulator is running, I press the 'Eject' button on my remote which sends an ALT+F4 command to Ubuntu so it kills the emulator
4) Userscript continues with reverting everything
5) XBMC is back at windowed and should now go back to fullscreen automatically

However, sometimes it stays windowed, but mostly it goes back to fullscreen.
The issue is, when I stays windowed, I have to find my USB keyboard to press the key to put back to fullscreen, and I am trying to avoid this for the usability for my GF using XBMC a lot lately.

Could anyone help me fix this issue?

My custom user script (well commented):

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# [SECTION: System]
wmctrl -r "XBMC Media Center" -t 1 # Hide XBMC window
killall -STOP xbmc.bin # 'Freeze' XBMC process

# [SECTION: XBOX controller driver]
killall xboxdrv # Make sure it's not running before
xboxdrv --deadzone 4500 --force-feedback # Start new process before launch emulator
sleep 1 # Give xboxdrv a second to startup and create the device

# Run N64 emulator fullscreen at high res
mupen64plus --noosd --fullscreen --resolution 1920x1080 --gfx mupen64plus-video-glide64 "$1"

# [SECTION: XBOX controller driver]
killall xboxdrv # Kill the XBOX controller driver, no need for it anymore

# [SECTION: System]
killall -CONT xbmc.bin # 'Unfreeze' XBMC process
wmctrl -r "XBMC Media Center" -t 0 # Put window back in correct position
Try

wmctrl -r "XBMC Media Center" -b add,fullscreen

To full screen xbmc.
Thank you for your suggestion.
I cannot reproduce it at specific moments, so I will have to test it over a while and see if it will put back to fullscreen at all time.
(2014-03-15, 00:55)subcityzero Wrote: Hi!

I use my custom launcher script for running an emulator, because I also freeze the XBMC process, load XBOX controller driver etc.
Everything works fine at first:

1) 'Advanced Launcher' puts XBMC in windowed mode
2) 'Advanced Launcher' runs my custom user script
3) When emulator is running, I press the 'Eject' button on my remote which sends an ALT+F4 command to Ubuntu so it kills the emulator
4) Userscript continues with reverting everything
5) XBMC is back at windowed and should now go back to fullscreen automatically

However, sometimes it stays windowed, but mostly it goes back to fullscreen.
The issue is, when I stays windowed, I have to find my USB keyboard to press the key to put back to fullscreen, and I am trying to avoid this for the usability for my GF using XBMC a lot lately.

Could anyone help me fix this issue?
On my side, adding a delay of 0.5 second after hide XBMC and before suspend it, generally fix the problem of my system : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.p...1372#p1372
Version 2.5.0 : This new version of Advanced Launcher add, like for launchers and items, an option to mark categories as finished.

So, now, into Advanced Launcher display options settings, you will also have the possibility to hide any category you want and not only the default category.

This new version of Advanced Launcher also improve the parsing procedure of the launchers.xml file (less restrictive) and so now Advanced Launcher is able to open, without any error, launchers.xml file created from Advanced Launcher version prior to 2.0.0.

Changelog :
  • Add feature to mark categories as finished/unfinished.
  • Modify settings to show/hide finished categories/launcher/items.
  • Improve launchers.xml file parsing.
  • Fix compatibility with launchers.xml files created from 2.0.0 prior versions.
Great!
Merci!

edit: working great!
Now ( if that was not the case before) advanced launcher is truly a must have add on for xbmc!!
Hi,
I installed Advanced Launcher on XBMC Gotham.
I set it up so I can launch Google Chrome from XBMC, switch to advanced parameters, and choose "simulate full screen with a window"

In Advanced Launcher, when I select Chrome, it starts but after a few seconds it goes back to XBMC.
What do I have to do for Chrome to stay in first plan until I choose to close it ?
(2014-03-16, 21:03)bobby8921 Wrote: Hi,
I installed Advanced Launcher on XBMC Gotham.
I set it up so I can launch Google Chrome from XBMC, switch to advanced parameters, and choose "simulate full screen with a window"

In Advanced Launcher, when I select Chrome, it starts but after a few seconds it goes back to XBMC.
What do I have to do for Chrome to stay in first plan until I choose to close it ?
Are you also using XBMC launcher on your system? If so, set it up to not force XBMC to gain focus over other applications windows (or something like that).
I'm having trouble starting ROMs in full screen on Windows setup.

If I run an emulator (ZSNES, for example) as a standalone application, the emulator will launch and I can edit the settings to make it full screen. From then on out, it will launch full screen.

But if I add that emulator as a file launcher and attempt to launch a ROM, it will only open in a smaller window on top of XBMC. I can't get to the menu for the emulator since pressing esc closes the ROM when set up this way. Setting up the emulator as a standalone app and changing the settings, and then opening as a file launcher does not solve the problem. The file launcher setup always opens in a window.

To be clear: in both configurations, the emulator will launch and play games, but only the standalone configuration can go to full screen and maintain that setup on future launches.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or what might cause this? Thanks.
"-fullscreen" where you write your commands for reading the roms. Works like a charm for me
(2014-03-20, 05:57)ajr30 Wrote: I'm having trouble starting ROMs in full screen on Windows setup.

If I run an emulator (ZSNES, for example) as a standalone application, the emulator will launch and I can edit the settings to make it full screen. From then on out, it will launch full screen.

But if I add that emulator as a file launcher and attempt to launch a ROM, it will only open in a smaller window on top of XBMC. I can't get to the menu for the emulator since pressing esc closes the ROM when set up this way. Setting up the emulator as a standalone app and changing the settings, and then opening as a file launcher does not solve the problem. The file launcher setup always opens in a window.

To be clear: in both configurations, the emulator will launch and play games, but only the standalone configuration can go to full screen and maintain that setup on future launches.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or what might cause this? Thanks.
If you do not want to pass specific parameter to ZSNES and keep its previous setup, just indicate "%rom%" as argument for the launcher. You actual probleme is linked to the default video parameter (-v 22) that may not be the good one for your video settings.
  • 384(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24