• 385(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2014-03-20, 09:12)xaph Wrote: "-fullscreen" where you write your commands for reading the roms. Works like a charm for me
I'll try this just in case the settings are changed somehow. Hopefully it will force it into fullscreen at all times.

(2014-03-20, 12:29)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 05:57)ajr30 Wrote: I'm having trouble starting ROMs in full screen on Windows setup.

If I run an emulator (ZSNES, for example) as a standalone application, the emulator will launch and I can edit the settings to make it full screen. From then on out, it will launch full screen.

But if I add that emulator as a file launcher and attempt to launch a ROM, it will only open in a smaller window on top of XBMC. I can't get to the menu for the emulator since pressing esc closes the ROM when set up this way. Setting up the emulator as a standalone app and changing the settings, and then opening as a file launcher does not solve the problem. The file launcher setup always opens in a window.

To be clear: in both configurations, the emulator will launch and play games, but only the standalone configuration can go to full screen and maintain that setup on future launches.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or what might cause this? Thanks.
If you do not want to pass specific parameter to ZSNES and keep its previous setup, just indicate "%rom%" as argument for the launcher. You actual probleme is linked to the default video parameter (-v 22) that may not be the good one for your video settings.

This worked perfectly. I can't believe I didn't think about the argument passing to the emulator. Thanks so much.
hello everyone

I got a question.

I got a htpc based on ubuntu 12.04 LTS minimal, installed with Bram77 install script.

I'd like to use photorec on this server because I need to restore some vids on one of the HDD.

Can I use advanced launcher to run photorec ? how ?

Thx a lot
(2014-03-24, 20:59)Headshrinker Wrote: hello everyone

I got a question.

I got a htpc based on ubuntu 12.04 LTS minimal, installed with Bram77 install script.

I'd like to use photorec on this server because I need to restore some vids on one of the HDD.

Thx a lot
Yes, you can use Advanced Launcher to start photorec. Install photorec on your HTPC, then, with Advanced Launcher, create a stand alone launcher pointing to start photorec into a terminal.
Hello!

First of all, huge thanks Angelscry for all your hard work on Advanced launcher. It is a-ma-zing. Thanks to the Advanced Launcher, I've been able to take XBMC pretty far from it's original use: my aim is to use it as (solely) game-focused very visual database and discovery tool for my (mainly) physical game collection, constantly running on my pc on my game room screen. That means basicly substituting rom launching (mostly) with launching an image that will only display the location of the physical cartridge on the shelf & instructions to select the right channel/system, and besides that only using the PC to launch games that are actual pc games.

Anyway, as I said, my main desire is to be able to "discover" the games via the system, not launch them, meaning I want to be able to list them based on various criteria (genre, system, series), display information etc. First issue I ran into was that besides being able to make searches based on genres (which are, luckily, self-definable), there was no room/field for series tag, which in my opinion is crucial in order to appreciate the history and connections of many many games. From previous discussions I understood it isn't possible/viable though to add a series field to the data, so via a creative use of the language files I repurposed the publisher field to be my series tag. This solution will work great for me especially with the skin I chose, since it doesn't show publisher/"series" info at all, but it's still searchable. Here is where I had my first question:

It's awesome and very supportive for my needs that one can make a launcher from the search string, but is it possible to do a launcher that would, instead of opening a spesific search (e.g. genre "Action") open the search itself, ie. show a list of all the genres? Not wanting to create separate launchers for all the dozens and dozens of series, this would be a great, dynamic solution, but I couldn't so far find how this could be done?
(2014-03-24, 21:40)Aatos Wrote: It's awesome and very supportive for my needs that one can make a launcher from the search string, but is it possible to do a launcher that would, instead of opening a spesific search (e.g. genre "Action") open the search itself, ie. show a list of all the genres? Not wanting to create separate launchers for all the dozens and dozens of series, this would be a great, dynamic solution, but I couldn't so far find how this could be done?
Yes it is possible but not automatically.

For the global search list :
  1. Into XBMC create a favourite of Advanced Launcher.
  2. Edit the /userdata/favourites.xml file and replace plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/ by plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?%%SEARCH%%
  3. Go back to Advanced Launcher and create a Favourite Launcher from the favourite you have created/modified.
But actually its not working to display genres search list, dates search list or other. I will try to see if I can add this feature.
(2014-03-24, 21:26)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-03-24, 20:59)Headshrinker Wrote: hello everyone

I got a question.

Thx a lot
Yes, you can use Advanced Launcher to start photorec. Install photorec on your HTPC, then, with Advanced Launcher, create a stand alone launcher pointing to start photorec into a terminal.
Great!!

Thx a lot, I will test tonight
I have little problem, when using advance launcher to run pc game from xbmc. My screen resolution or desktop resolution is set to 1920x1080 but my game resouliton is lower, and when I run the game from xbmc, and then exit the game back to xbmc, the xbmc is resized, the resoultion is changed to the one in game. I have to restart xbmc to get normal resolution back. Is there any soultion for this, or workaround, so that I don't need to restart xbmc every time I finished playing games?
(2014-03-31, 07:27)qzem Wrote: I have little problem, when using advance launcher to run pc game from xbmc. My screen resolution or desktop resolution is set to 1920x1080 but my game resouliton is lower, and when I run the game from xbmc, and then exit the game back to xbmc, the xbmc is resized, the resoultion is changed to the one in game. I have to restart xbmc to get normal resolution back. Is there any soultion for this, or workaround, so that I don't need to restart xbmc every time I finished playing games?
You can create a .bat script (or modify it if your are already using one) that will restore your 1920x1080 resolution using for example the Display Changer application : http://12noon.com/?page_id=80

Code:
dccmd.exe -monitor="\\.\DISPLAY1" -width=1920 -height=1080

So the .bat script could be for example :

Code:
"C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\wow.exe"

And then you start this script instead of the game executable.
(2014-03-31, 12:33)Angelscry Wrote: You can create a .bat script (or modify it if your are already using one) that will restore your 1920x1080 resolution using for example the Display Changer application : http://12noon.com/?page_id=80

Code:

So the .bat script could be for example :

Code:
"C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\wow.exe"

And then you start this script instead of the game executable.

Thanks! I will try this tonight.

EDIT: This doesn't work for me, I must do some more research maybe. I am not sure about this part "\\.\DISPLAY1", is this universal, or do I need to find out what too put here as display. I have laptop connected to tv, and I have TV enabled as primary display.
Hi all,

I've founded a problem launching ps2 games with advanced launcher..

In wiki page ther're istruction for make a usefull AutoIt script to suspend xbmc, activate pcsx2 and more..

In launching options there are --nogui and --fullscreen..

With this options I notced that it do always a fast start..
this cause that some games starts with wrong language (my bios is Italian but some games starts in english)

To resolve you must make a full start of the game..
the options to set in autoit script is --fullboot

bye
(2014-04-01, 23:06)Bazzu85 Wrote: Hi all,

In wiki page ther're istruction for make a usefull AutoIt script to suspend xbmc, activate pcsx2 and more..

this cause that some games starts with wrong language (my bios is Italian but some games starts in english)

bye
Which version of PCSX2 are you using? Do you simply replace --nogui --fullscreen parameter by --fullboot of just add the --fullboot parameter to the command line?
(2014-04-02, 12:32)Angelscry Wrote:

bye
Which version of PCSX2 are you using? Do you simply replace --nogui --fullscreen parameter by --fullboot of just add the --fullboot parameter to the command line?

--fullboot is the third parameter..
(2014-04-02, 17:24)Bazzu85 Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 12:32)Angelscry Wrote:

bye

Thanks. The WIKI page has been updated.
(2014-04-02, 18:50)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 17:24)Bazzu85 Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 12:32)Angelscry Wrote: Which version of PCSX2 are you using? Do you simply replace --nogui --fullscreen parameter by --fullboot of just add the --fullboot parameter to the command line?

Thanks. The WIKI page has been updated.

Big Grin
Angelscry, do you know if its possible to import MAME roms using the method described in the link below with AL?

http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbr...AMEOffline

Also, to add to your your post here, the jsonrpc command is different for windows:

Code:
curl.exe -i -X POST -d "{\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\",\"method\": \"GUI.ActivateWindow\", \"params\": { \"window\": \"video\", \"parameters\": [ \"plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher?CATEGORY\" ] }, \"id\": 1 }" -H "content-type: application/json;" http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc

Curl for windows can be found in the wiki enty here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_library

EDIT: using the window type video in the above command cause AL to be shown as video addon, which has watched status boxes and changes view types. Changing video to programs will launch AL as a program addon.
  • 385(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24