• 398(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
I've tried to start a standalone game UltraStart via Advanced Launcher but it fails every time.
The screen goes black and after some seconds it come back with a resolution of 800x600 (I guess)
and it freez...

My System: B85M-itx
i3 4330
Ubuntu 14.04minimal

I had a look in htop an see that a new x-session is open but it doesend work...

I also have a debug.log

and a Error.log of the game..

Code:
UltraStar Deluxe V 1.1.0 Build Error Log
Date: 18-6-14 Time: 16:52:14
-------------------
ERROR:  Initialize failed, Removing - SDL_Playback

any Idea?
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2014-06-21, 15:08)Monkee Wrote: That seems like an awesome work you've done here Angelscry!
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm new to that thing: what differentiate Advanced Launcher from Rom Browser Collection?
If you only want to manage and start games, use Rom Browser Collection.
(2014-06-21, 20:10)sveni_lee Wrote: I've tried to start a standalone game UltraStart via Advanced Launcher but it fails every time.
The screen goes black and after some seconds it come back with a resolution of 800x600 (I guess)
and it freez...

My System: B85M-itx
i3 4330
Ubuntu 14.04minimal

I had a look in htop an see that a new x-session is open but it doesend work...

I also have a debug.log

and a Error.log of the game..

Code:
UltraStar Deluxe V 1.1.0 Build Error Log
Date: 18-6-14 Time: 16:52:14
-------------------
ERROR:  Initialize failed, Removing - SDL_Playback

any Idea?
I have installed UltraSat on my archlinux system for testing and I was able to launch it without any problem from advanced launcher/XBMC. How do you have setup your stand alone launcher? Mine is simply setup like this :

Application : /usr/bin/ultrastarudx
No Arguments

The version of Ultrastar is version 1:30075.
Photo 
So I've finally got a full system of roms just about fully configured and now I'm just trying to spruce up the display. I have one question though... in this picture, I have a screenshot set as the fanart and as you can see, it displays as both a tiny image and as the background. Is there a way to have AL display the box art where it is in this picture, and then have a screenshot AND fanart? Or just two separate pictures rather than duplicates? Thanks!

(2014-06-22, 04:45)Angelscry Wrote: I have installed UltraSat on my archlinux system for testing and I was able to launch it without any problem from advanced launcher/XBMC. How do you have setup your stand alone launcher? Mine is simply setup like this :

Application : /usr/bin/ultrastarudx
No Arguments

The version of Ultrastar is version 1:30075.

Thanks for replay...

I've nearly the same setup:

Application: /usr/games/ultrastardx
with no Arguments

I've setup my system like here

So I've test it on a VM on my Windows-System(AMD) and there it works...
so I don't know what else can I do... because I don't know what the error in Error.log means...
(2014-06-22, 04:21)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-06-21, 15:08)Monkee Wrote: That seems like an awesome work you've done here Angelscry!
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm new to that thing: what differentiate Advanced Launcher from Rom Browser Collection?
Thanks for your answer Angelscry but then what else is Advanced Launcher adding to RBC (when it comes to emulation) ?
(2014-06-22, 06:13)yamzzz Wrote: So I've finally got a full system of roms just about fully configured and now I'm just trying to spruce up the display. I have one question though... in this picture, I have a screenshot set as the fanart and as you can see, it displays as both a tiny image and as the background. Is there a way to have AL display the box art where it is in this picture, and then have a screenshot AND fanart? Or just two separate pictures rather than duplicates? Thanks!

It would be possible to do it using extra-fanarts support of Advanced Launcher. You can use the fanart image as background and use the extra-fanarts image as screenshots.... But it's the skin that manage the display not Advanced Launcher. So... the support is here, now skin may have to use it.

(2014-06-22, 10:58)Monkee Wrote:
Thanks for your answer Angelscry but then what else is Advanced Launcher adding to RBC (when it comes to emulation) ?
Nothing expect MAME dedicated scrapper.
@Angelscry :

can you tell me what version of Linux do you use and were do get ultrastar?
I'm freaking out, it dosent work for me...
(2014-06-22, 16:24)sveni_lee Wrote: @Angelscry :

can you tell me what version of Linux do you use and were do get ultrastar?
I'm freaking out, it dosent work for me...
I have tested it on Antergos Linux (http://antergos.com/) and used the ultrastar version from Archlinux AUR (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ultrastardx-svn/). Here is a tutorial to install XBMC on Antergos : http://www.gwenael.org/blog/index.php?ar...s-antergos (sorry it's in french... but the install is really simple).
thanks for your answer...
I think I know much tu less for this...I'm on Ubuntu...
(2014-06-22, 10:58)Monkee Wrote: [...]what else is Advanced Launcher adding to RBC (when it comes to emulation) ?
That's enouth for me to change everything! Wink
Ok then I'm gonna go with Advanced Launcher.

For consoles systems, does Advanced Launcher uses thegamedb too?
(2014-06-22, 16:58)Monkee Wrote:
(2014-06-22, 10:58)Monkee Wrote: [...]what else is Advanced Launcher adding to RBC (when it comes to emulation) ?
That's enouth for me to change everything! Wink
Ok then I'm gonna go with Advanced Launcher.

For consoles systems, does Advanced Launcher uses thegamedb too?
Yes... Included games scrapers : AllGame, GameFAQs, arcadeHITS and TheGamesDB databases.
Thanks again Angelscry, I'll stop asking questions and get into it now. Wink
(2014-06-22, 18:20)Monkee Wrote: Thanks again Angelscry, I'll stop asking questions and get into it now. Wink
The best is to test it in parallel of RCB and see what is the usefull for you. Wink
May I get some help and correction about the command line arguments I'm using for retroarch?

From cmd my current working directory is:

D:\Games\Emulators\Retroarch\

The command and arguments that work for me from cmd are for NES and SNES respectively:

Code:
RetroArch -c .\configs\nestopia_libretro.dll.cfg -f -L .\cores\nestopia_libretro.dll ..\NES\Roms\romgame.nes

RetroArch -c .\configs\snes9x_next_libretro.dll.cfg -f -L .\cores\snes9x_next_libretro.dll  ..\NES\Roms\romgame.smc

Assuming that I have Advanced Launcher configured correctly, what should be the correct arguments I should use?

Code:
-c \configs\nestopia_libretro.dll.cfg -f -L \cores\nestopia_libretro.dll "%rom%"

does not work and I thought I had the syntax correct. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • 398(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24