• 413(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Hi!

From one day to another my Project64 stopped working with Advanced Launcher. Wanted to start a game, the Project64 window pops up but then says "Project64 stopped working...".
I'm on 12.3 with P64 1.6. Hope anyone can help - starting games with P64 outside of XBMC/Advanced Launcher works without problems.

Cheers!
Hello I got a question, is it possible to create a keystroke with advanced launcher (windows 8)?
Because I hooked up my pc to my TV I want to be able to switch screens.
So I want to push windows key + p so the switch screens option becomes available.
I configured my xbox controller to navigate everything. But I cant map that key or else it will conflict with Kodi.
So It would be cool if I can create an advanced launcher shortcut for that.
If I can achieve this, that would make things lots easier.

If that's not possible, I'm looking for a way to go to the metro interface in advanced launcher, then I can achieve the same, but with a little workaround.
Map desired xbox controller button to Win+P under windows Wink
see Windows - Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool
That's not possible in windows. Only with 3rth party programs.
But since kodi already assigned buttons, it conflicts with the program.
So thats why I'm looking for another solution.
Did you tried with a program on the provided link on my previous post?
What conflicts with a Kodi? I am not aware that Kodi would use Win+P combination fo anything, And it is also not logical, since Kodi works on various platforms.
(2014-09-24, 15:07)Brian D Wrote: Hello,

I am getting a strange UI issue with my current setup, but I'm not sure if it is an XBMC, skin, or an AL issue.

Pretty much what happens is that I have created a favorite in advanced launcher for a category called Emulators. Then in my theme Aeon, I have the favorite set as a main menu item.

The issue is that when I click the shortcut Advanced Launcher will open in the tri-pane layout for a split second (with no content) then switch to the correct Category, in the correct layout. Obviously this is not the end of the world, but it sure looks like hell.

Is this due to the fact that I am using the favorite shortcut under the main menu?

If anyone else is doing this, do you see the same behavior and what theme are you using (that supports custom menu items)? I am willing to switch themes if that is the issue.
It will depend if your favorite shortcut into your main menu start Advanced Launcher corretly or not. You will have to activate the XBMC debug mode, start the favourite shortcut see which XBMC command is exactly used to start Advanced Launcher.

(2014-09-29, 17:32)Turnspit Wrote: Hi!

From one day to another my Project64 stopped working with Advanced Launcher. Wanted to start a game, the Project64 window pops up but then says "Project64 stopped working...".
I'm on 12.3 with P64 1.6. Hope anyone can help - starting games with P64 outside of XBMC/Advanced Launcher works without problems.

Cheers!
Which change have you done on your system before it start to not work asnymore? New version of XBMC? New version of Project64?

(2014-09-30, 15:04)Ymeltje Wrote: Hello I got a question, is it possible to create a keystroke with advanced launcher (windows 8)?
Because I hooked up my pc to my TV I want to be able to switch screens.
So I want to push windows key + p so the switch screens option becomes available.
I configured my xbox controller to navigate everything. But I cant map that key or else it will conflict with Kodi.
So It would be cool if I can create an advanced launcher shortcut for that.
If I can achieve this, that would make things lots easier.

If that's not possible, I'm looking for a way to go to the metro interface in advanced launcher, then I can achieve the same, but with a little workaround.
You can create a small autoit script it that will simulate your keystroke :

https://www.autoitscript.com/site/
https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/doc...s/Send.htm

Then into Advanced Launcher, create a stand alone launcher that will start the compiled auto script.
(2014-09-30, 16:53)Crssi Wrote: Did you tried with a program on the provided link on my previous post?
What conflicts with a Kodi? I am not aware that Kodi would use Win+P combination fo anything, And it is also not logical, since Kodi works on various platforms.

No I mean, all my buttons are mapped in kodi by default, cause kodi recognizes the xbox controller, so if I map a key with an external program, then there would be a keypres twice.
For instance if I program the "select" button for win+p, then it would also press back in kodi.
But I ordered a mc remote, and I'm checking out the link you gave me as soon as it arrives.
Thx for the help guys.
No, it wouldnt, but then in Kodi would not work. See which button on remote you dont really need, and map this one to Win+p
Hi,

I am using Advanced Launcher 2.5.7 in OPENELEC running on my Raspebrry Pi.

I want to manage my MAME roms but I am not able to get the scrappers, rom name conversion and bios ignoring working.

I have configured the launcher as usual but when it asks for "Platform" what should I choose as there is no MAME platform? Do I need to specify the platform in order to get the scrappers working? I cannot get any fanart/thumbnails for my MAME roms. (I have another launcher for my SNES emulator and the scrapper is working perfectly)

Besides the fanart/thumnails problem, I have read that Advanced Launcher automatically converts MAME rom file names to full game names and also ignores bios files but non of this is happening. Do I need to enable any special parameter in the configuration?

Thanks!
I can see how Advanced Launcher clearly acknowledges and imports my roms but still after all is done it still says "0 Imported", how can I solve this?.

Thanks.
(2014-10-01, 15:46)Crssi Wrote: No, it wouldnt, but then in Kodi would not work. See which button on remote you dont really need, and map this one to Win+p
Please could you talk about it somewhere else into the forum. I do not see the releationship between Advanced Launcher and the fact that your are not anymore able to use certain key combination into Kodi. Thanks.

(2014-10-01, 16:20)soyxan Wrote: Hi,

I want to manage my MAME roms but I am not able to get the scrappers, rom name conversion and bios ignoring working.

I have configured the launcher as usual but when it asks for "Platform" what should I choose as there is no MAME platform? Do I need to specify the platform in order to get the scrappers working? I cannot get any fanart/thumbnails for my MAME roms. (I have another launcher for my SNES emulator and the scrapper is working perfectly)

Besides the fanart/thumnails problem, I have read that Advanced Launcher automatically converts MAME rom file names to full game names and also ignores bios files but non of this is happening. Do I need to enable any special parameter in the configuration?

Thanks!
MAME is not a plaftform. MAME is a software that emulate arcade platforms. So you have to select Arcade as platform. Now concerning specificely MAME roms, as they file names are not corresponding to their reel game name, you have to use the dedicated scrapper : arcadeHITS. It will then ,normally fix all your problems.
@Angelscry:
I am deeply sorry that I left myself to be dragged into hijacking your thread. Sad
Just wanted to help, not noticing it. Wink
(2014-10-01, 22:29)Maglev Wrote: I can see how Advanced Launcher clearly acknowledges and imports my roms but still after all is done it still says "0 Imported", how can I solve this?.
Thanks.
It could be a mistake with file extension or a wrong item path declared during the launcher creation. But as we didn't know exactly how do you have setup your launcher, it will still suppositions.
(2014-10-02, 12:31)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-10-01, 16:20)soyxan Wrote: Hi,

Thanks!
MAME is not a plaftform. MAME is a software that emulate arcade platforms. So you have to select Arcade as platform. Now concerning specificely MAME roms, as they file names are not corresponding to their reel game name, you have to use the dedicated scrapper : arcadeHITS. It will then ,normally fix all your problems.

Can I specify a diferent scrapper for each launcher? I have SNES and MAME launchers, will arcadeHITS recognize my SNES roms?
(2014-10-02, 20:15)soyxan Wrote: Can I specify a diferent scrapper for each launcher? I have SNES and MAME launchers, will arcadeHITS recognize my SNES roms?
Scrapers are not linked to launchers. You select and setup the scrapers you want before starting the "Scan for new items" option of your SNES of MAME scraper.
  • 413(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24