• 216(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Awesome!!

PSPad worked a treat. Thanks.

Maybe you could add that specification to the video comments?
Zootoxin Wrote:Awesome!!

PSPad worked a treat. Thanks.

Maybe you could add that specification to the video comments?
Yes... that a good point... Thank you. Wink
bradgy Wrote:Hi all - long time user of this wonderful add on. Last couple of weeks though the alphabetical order of all my launchers has been reversed (ie goes from Z to A rather than A to Z). Highly annoying. The 'Sort:Ascending/Descending' option in the side panel is grayed out on the ascending option so I can't switch it. Any ideas? Am I doing something really obviously wrong? Many thanks in advance!

Bumping for suggestions Huh
bradgy Wrote:Bumping for suggestions Huh
Your items are sorted by what : name, genre, year, studio?
Angelscry Wrote:Humm... Maybe you can try to create a small autoit script, that will force to close Dolphin when you will hit the ESC key. Here is an exemple : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=43. What you can try is to adapt this script for Dolphin and disable de ESC key into Dolphin configuration. So it will be the autoit script that will close Dolphin and not Dolphin itself. You have to way to close an application :
Code:
ProcessClose ( "dolpĥin-emu.exe" )
that will close the dolpĥin-emu process, and :
Code:
WinClose ( "Dolphin")
that will close the Dolphin windows. I think the ProcessClose() function can do the job.

sounds like it could work, I will try it later, thanks
be kind, rewind
bradgy Wrote:Bumping for suggestions Huh
You can also try this : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1033421
Hi chaps I am trying follow this guide but am failing at the first hurdle
http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti..._-_Windows

G:\>G:\MAME\EMULATOR\MAME\mame.exe ---createconfig
Error: unknown option: ---createconfig

Any Ideas?
Zootoxin Wrote:Hi chaps I am trying follow this guide but am failing at the first hurdle
http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti..._-_Windows

Any Ideas?
Hummm... you can try mame.exe -cc
Angelscry Wrote:Hummm... you can try mame.exe -cc

G:\>

Tried it... What should happen? no mame.ini file found in the mame folder

Don't worry i found it in G:\

Thanks
Zootoxin Wrote:G:\>G:\MAME\EMULATOR\MAME\mame.exe ---createconfig

G:\>

Tried it... What should happen? no mame.ini file found in the mame folder
Code:
G:\>G:\MAME\EMULATOR\MAME\mame.exe -cc
It will create you a mame.ini file into mame folder or into the working directory. If you have difficulties to use MAME : http://mamedev.org/
OK, i tried to get the autoit script working, but i am lacking the knowledge to complete it

this is my script (yours modified)

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
ProcessClose ( "XBMC.exe" )
Run ( '"C:\Program Files\Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424\Dolphin.exe" /b /e "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "C:\Program Files\Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424\Dolphin.exe\" )
While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd
EndIf

Func Terminate()
ProcessClose ( "dolphin-emu.exe" )
Run ( '"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe "' -p )
Exit 0
EndFunc

it does not launch dolphin, but does close xbmc
the -p is to try to get xbmc back to portable mode but is obviously not right

any help appreciated
be kind, rewind
Star 
You have indicated the Dolphin application as working directory. Try this :
Code:
If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
    Run ( '"C:\Program Files\Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424\Dolphin.exe" /b /e "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "[b]C:\Program Files\Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424\[/b]" )
    While 1
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndIf

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc
If you want to see error messages, and so quicly found what is wrong, start XBMC from a the Command Prompt (cmd.exe).
So here's my problem. I have 2 instances of advanced launcher installed. One is for Games and the other is for other Apps (programs like Chrome, Picasa, etc). I made the duplicate instance based on instructions provided here by the addon creator. I added both instances to my favorites and then added those favorites to the Home screen. My skin is Aeon Nox, if it matters.

Here is the behavior.

1. Select "Games" and it goes to the list of games - works well
2. Hit Esc to go to the Home Screen
3. Select "Apps" and it goes to the list of apps - works well
4. Hit Esc to go to the Home Screen
5. Select "Games" and it now goes to the list of apps - broken! Smile

From this point forward (until I restart XBMC), selecting either Games or Apps will only go to the list of Apps).

Here is the log from XBMC:
Code:
14:00:18 T:2280  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:19 T:3460  NOTICE: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 00:02
14:00:23 T:2304   ERROR: ADDON: extension 'downloader\' is not currently supported for service addon
14:00:23 T:2304   ERROR: Previous line repeats 4 times.
14:00:23 T:2304   ERROR: CThread::staticThread : Access violation at 0x00fffe54: Reading location 0x00000000
14:00:26 T:4648  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:47 T:2860  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:47 T:2860  NOTICE: Launcher: found 7 launchers
14:00:48 T:2188 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
14:00:56 T:4436 WARNING: Previous line repeats 6 times.
14:00:56 T:4436  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:56 T:4436   ERROR: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.advanced.launcher.2\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py:37: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
                                              import md5
14:00:56 T:4436  NOTICE: Launcher: found 5 launchers
14:00:57 T:3536 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
14:01:03 T:3592 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
14:01:03 T:3592  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:01:03 T:3592   ERROR: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.advanced.launcher.2\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py:37: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
                                              import md5
14:01:03 T:3592  NOTICE: Launcher: found 5 launchers
14:01:03 T:3536 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
crisdecuba Wrote:So here's my problem. I have 2 instances of advanced launcher installed. One is for Games and the other is for other Apps (programs like Chrome, Picasa, etc). I made the duplicate instance based on instructions provided here by the addon creator. I added both instances to my favorites and then added those favorites to the Home screen. My skin is Aeon Nox, if it matters.

Here is the behavior.

1. Select "Games" and it goes to the list of games - works well
2. Hit Esc to go to the Home Screen
3. Select "Apps" and it goes to the list of apps - works well
4. Hit Esc to go to the Home Screen
5. Select "Games" and it now goes to the list of apps - broken! Smile

From this point forward (until I restart XBMC), selecting either Games or Apps will only go to the list of Apps).

Here is the log from XBMC:
Code:
14:00:18 T:2280  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:19 T:3460  NOTICE: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 00:02
14:00:23 T:2304   ERROR: ADDON: extension 'downloader\' is not currently supported for service addon
14:00:23 T:2304   ERROR: Previous line repeats 4 times.
14:00:23 T:2304   ERROR: CThread::staticThread : Access violation at 0x00fffe54: Reading location 0x00000000
14:00:26 T:4648  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:47 T:2860  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:47 T:2860  NOTICE: Launcher: found 7 launchers
14:00:48 T:2188 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
14:00:56 T:4436 WARNING: Previous line repeats 6 times.
14:00:56 T:4436  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:56 T:4436   ERROR: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.advanced.launcher.2\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py:37: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
                                              import md5
14:00:56 T:4436  NOTICE: Launcher: found 5 launchers
14:00:57 T:3536 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
14:01:03 T:3592 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
14:01:03 T:3592  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:01:03 T:3592   ERROR: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.advanced.launcher.2\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py:37: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
                                              import md5
14:01:03 T:3592  NOTICE: Launcher: found 5 launchers
14:01:03 T:3536 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
Try first to install last versions of Advanced Launcher : http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-advanced-l...loads/list. I'm not sure it will solve somthing, but the version you are actually using are deprecated. Then check if you have correctly modified the the xml and .py file during the Advanced Launcher duplication.

If it is not working.... I may have a bug and I will take look at it this week-end. The 2 version of Advanced Launcher have the same name or not?
Angelscry Wrote:You have indicated the Dolphin application as working directory. Try this :
Code:
If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
    Run ( '"C:\Program Files\Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424\Dolphin.exe" /b /e "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "[b]C:\Program Files\Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424\[/b]" )
    While 1
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndIf

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc
If you want to see error messages, and so quicly found what is wrong, start XBMC from a the Command Prompt (cmd.exe).

it now launches fine, but on 'esc' it errors,
Line 11 (file "c:\users\user\desktop\autoit.exe"):
error: error parsing function call
be kind, rewind
  • 216(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24