• 277(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2012-12-12, 19:27)DocMAX Wrote: i'm doing a fresh XBMC RC1 install on my notebook. mabye it's somehow hardware/driver related.
LOL same issue!
What happen if you :
  • Start XBMC,
  • Minimize it using "\" key,
  • Start another application from Windows (to make XBMC lost focus),
  • Play with the XBOX controller,
  • And go back to XBMC?
Does XBMC also receive commands?

Is it possible to open windows8 metro start screen from launcher or otherwise from xbmc.

Im trying to get to windows8 metro version of Netflix .

I know you need to take ownership of the windows apps folder to get access to it. However it apparently won't open from outside the start screen.

You can make vbs file that looks like this

set wShell=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
wShell.sendkeys "^{ESC}"
Set WshShell = Nothing

But launcher will only point to an exe as far as I know.

Thanks Gene
(2012-12-12, 20:15)mobile87 Wrote: Is it possible to open windows8 metro start screen from launcher or otherwise from xbmc.

Im trying to get to windows8 metro version of Netflix .

I know you need to take ownership of the windows apps folder to get access to it. However it apparently won't open from outside the start screen.

You can make vbs file that looks like this

set wShell=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
wShell.sendkeys "^{ESC}"
Set WshShell = Nothing

But launcher will only point to an exe as far as I know.

Thanks Gene
This post may interest you : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1246914

Create under Windows an internet shortcut (.url) pointing to netflix:// will do the job. Then create a file launcher to start the .url file.

(2012-12-12, 19:33)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 19:27)DocMAX Wrote: i'm doing a fresh XBMC RC1 install on my notebook. mabye it's somehow hardware/driver related.
LOL same issue!
What happen if you :
  • Start XBMC,
  • And go back to XBMC?

Same thing with minimized XBMC. After pushing some keys on XBOX and Non-XBOX controller and maximize XBMC - wild keypresses.
(2012-12-12, 21:25)DocMAX Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 19:33)Angelscry Wrote:
LOL same issue!
What happen if you :
  • Start XBMC,
  • And go back to XBMC?

Same thing with minimized XBMC. After pushing some keys on XBOX and Non-XBOX controller and maximize XBMC - wild keypresses.
Thank you DocMAX for your test. It definitively confirm that it is a XBMC related problem, and not linked at all to Advanced Launcher.

Check this out. It's a live demonstration of the bug.

http://youtu.be/2BacfEky45s
(2012-12-12, 21:55)DocMAX Wrote: Check this out. It's a live demonstration of the bug.

http://youtu.be/2BacfEky45s
Lol... Rofl Thank you! I have added the link to the bug ticket... now we need to wait that one of the developer view it.

yes!
thanks to you docmax!
now hoping to get rid of this bug!!
cheers
Thanks Angelscry, i hadn't seen that anywhere... will remember for the future.

Keep up the stellar work!
Hey,

I'm having issues with Advanced Launcher/XBMC and Dolphin. As it stands now, I was able to make a launcher for Dolphin and appropriately tie it to its respective games, and it launches the games perfectly fine... but the instance of XMBC stays open and takes precedence over Dolphin making all inputs go towards XBMC instead of Dolphin. I looked up the issue and realize that I have to create some type of Batch file that closes XBMC when I launch Dolphin, and reopens it when I close Dolphin.

I found something touching on it here: http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=327#p327 but I have absolutely no clue on how to implement it. Can someone walk me through the process telling me what changes I have to make to the Batch code listed in this link so it applies to my computer, and where exactly I place this batch file after making it? I'm not exactly all that programming savvy, so I can use all of the help I can get.
(2012-12-13, 06:15)harSon Wrote: Hey,

I'm having issues with Advanced Launcher/XBMC and Dolphin. As it stands now, I was able to make a launcher for Dolphin and appropriately tie it to its respective games, and it launches the games perfectly fine... but the instance of XMBC stays open and takes precedence over Dolphin making all inputs go towards XBMC instead of Dolphin. I looked up the issue and realize that I have to create some type of Batch file that closes XBMC when I launch Dolphin, and reopens it when I close Dolphin.

I found something touching on it here: http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=327#p327 but I have absolutely no clue on how to implement it. Can someone walk me through the process telling me what changes I have to make to the Batch code listed in this link so it applies to my computer, and where exactly I place this batch file after making it? I'm not exactly all that programming savvy, so I can use all of the help I can get.
Huuuuu... First, start telling us more information about your system. We cannot help you is you did not tell us any information about your computer :
  • Are you under Windows or Linux?
  • Which version of Dolphin are you using?
  • Where is located the Dolphin executable application exactly (we need complete path) ?

My apologies.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, Dolphin version 3.0-878 (64 bit) and the pathway to my Dolphin executable is C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe

Thanks for helping!
hey , sup long time no see angelscry , got a important question , do you have a entry that i can make a autoit script out off so i can launch cdisplayex in fullscreen mode much like you did for comical , ive found out that cdisplayex is newer than comical and supports lanczos aswell, thanks in advance my friend
(2012-12-13, 17:57)hentai23 Wrote: hey , sup long time no see angelscry , got a important question , do you have a entry that i can make a autoit script out off so i can launch cdisplayex in fullscreen mode much like you did for comical , ive found out that cdisplayex is newer than comical and supports lanczos aswell, thanks in advance my friend
Why do you need an autoitscript ? http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=CDisplayEx

(2012-12-13, 06:27)harSon Wrote: My apologies.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, Dolphin version 3.0-878 (64 bit) and the pathway to my Dolphin executable is C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe

Thanks for helping!
Ok... so create en empty .txt file into the C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Dolphin folder (but this is not necessary to be into the same folder than Dolphin.exe) and rename this .txt for example as dolphin-launcher.bat, then copy paste this following code inside it and save it :

Code:
pssuspend "XBMC.exe"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Dolphin\"
Dolphin.exe /b /e "%1"
pssuspend -r "XBMC.exe"

Now you will need to install the pssuspend application on your windows system. So download the PsTools package form here. Then extract the Zip file archive, and copy the executables files from the obtained PsTools folder directly into your the C:\Windows folder.

Now you will have to reconfigure your launcher to tell it to start your dolphin-launcher.bat script instead of Dolphin.exe. Here is the configuration :

Application : C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Dolphin\dolphin-launcher.bat
Arguments : "%rom%"
Items Extensions : elf|dol|gcm|iso|wad

Ok... so create en empty .txt file into the C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Dolphin folder (but this is not necessary to be into the same folder than Dolphin.exe) and rename this .txt for example as dolphin-launcher.bat, then copy paste this following code inside it and save it :

Code:
pssuspend "XBMC.exe"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Dolphin\"
Dolphin.exe /b /e "%1"
pssuspend -r "XBMC.exe"

Now you will need to install the pssuspend application on your windows system. So download the PsTools package form here. Then extract the Zip file archive, and copy the executables files from the obtained PsTools folder directly into your the C:\Windows folder.

Now you will have to reconfigure your launcher to tell it to start your dolphin-launcher.bat script instead of Dolphin.exe. Here is the configuration :

Application : C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Dolphin\dolphin-launcher.bat
Arguments : "%rom%"
Items Extensions : elf|dol|gcm|iso|wad
[/quote]

You may want to check out RoM-Jacket. It suppliments Advanced Launcher and sets up all your games with these kinds of launchers automatically.
  • 277(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24