• 280(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2012-12-14, 21:09)Angelscry Wrote: Have you read this thread? http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=349

+1 for this method. Works a charm! Make sure you have latest Advanced Launcher though if you're using Frodo (ie, not just the old one in the repository)
CPU: AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz APU - MoBo: Gigabyte A75N-USB3 AMD A75 - RAM: Corsair Value 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz - Storage: 128GB SSD, 500GB HD - Case: Streacom FC7 Silver - ODD: Sony AD-7640S Slot Load DVD+RW Drive
(2012-12-15, 00:14)bluesky2006 Wrote:
(2012-12-14, 21:09)Angelscry Wrote: Have you read this thread? http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=349

+1 for this method. Works a charm! Make sure you have latest Advanced Launcher though if you're using Frodo (ie, not just the old one in the repository)

Your Steam doesn't get messed up by XBMC running in the background?
(2012-12-15, 00:25)harSon Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 00:14)bluesky2006 Wrote:

Your Steam doesn't get messed up by XBMC running in the background?

The downloadable from that link contains a number of versions for how you'd like the executable to run, one of which will shut down XBMC when it loads Steam and then reopens it once you're done doing your Steam business. It's a very comprehensive and easy to use package.

EDIT: This is from the text file that comes with the download:

Quote:There are 2 versions

XBMC Close:
closes XBMC before launch steam and launch XBMC when steam is closed.

XBMC noClose:
keeps XBMC opened in background.

inside this 2 versions there is more 2 version:

Close Steam:
only closes steam opened windows and keep it in background.

Shutdown Steam:
complete shutdown steam.

the original files are include (.au3 files), you can open it inside notepad and check the code.
in order to make new exe you will need install Autoit, mod the au3 files and compile yourself.
CPU: AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz APU - MoBo: Gigabyte A75N-USB3 AMD A75 - RAM: Corsair Value 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz - Storage: 128GB SSD, 500GB HD - Case: Streacom FC7 Silver - ODD: Sony AD-7640S Slot Load DVD+RW Drive
Yeah, I had seen that, and I'll try again when I get home but it seemed to close XBMC for good instead of suspending it and booting it back after Steam had been closed. Maybe you have to Alt+f4 out of it, and not simply close it through the software to have XBMC boot back up?

Edit: Yup, it boots back up if you Alt+f4
Here's something in Autohotkey that might work.
I don't have steam, so i can't really check.

Code:
#NoEnv
#Singleinstance force
#persistent
DetectHiddenWindows, On
SendMode Input
#NoTrayIcon
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
SetTitleMatchMode, 3
Autotrim, off
Process, Exist, steam.exe
steam_pid=%errorLevel%
If (steam_pid = 0)
{
{
If ! errorLevel
{
}
}      
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -shutdown
}
else
{
WinMinimize, XBMC
Process_Suspend("xbmc.exe")
Runwait, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -bigpicture
Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -shutdown
Process_Resume("xbmc.exe")
WinRestore, XBMC
}
exitapp
esc::
exit

ProcExist(PID_or_Name=""){
Process, Exist, % (PID_or_Name="") ? DllCall("GetCurrentProcessID") : PID_or_Name
Return Errorlevel
}
Process_Resume(PID_or_Name){
PID := (InStr(PID_or_Name,".")) ? ProcExist(PID_or_Name) : PID_or_Name
h:=DllCall("OpenProcess", "uInt", 0x1F0FFF, "Int", 0, "Int", pid)
If !h  
Return -1
DllCall("ntdll.dll\NtResumeProcess", "Int", h)
DllCall("CloseHandle", "Int", h)
}
Process_Suspend(PID_or_Name){
PID := (InStr(PID_or_Name,".")) ? ProcExist(PID_or_Name) : PID_or_Name
h:=DllCall("OpenProcess", "uInt", 0x1F0FFF, "Int", 0, "Int", pid)
If !h  
Return -1
DllCall("ntdll.dll\NtSuspendProcess", "Int", h)
DllCall("CloseHandle", "Int", h)
}
I think this may be my second to last question (I truly appreciate your guys' help, this is a lot more difficult than I was expecting!):

Is it possible to have a single batch do more than one thing? I am attempting to use SSF Emulator (Sega Saturn), which requires the game/iso to be mounted. So a script/batch that mounts and unmounts an iso upon starting is needed, which I founded on this forum:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0,%1
ssf.exe
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0

But I also need help constructing a batch file that will also A) Suspend XBMC and B) Launch SSF in fullscreen:

Code:
pssuspend "XBMC.exe"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Sega Saturn Emulator\"
SSF.exe %1
pssuspend -r "XBMC.exe"

Can I create a single batch files that does both?

I also found an Autoit script on these forums for the mounting/unmounting of an image for SSF:
Code:
If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
    RunWait('"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0,"' & $CmdLine[1] & '"')
    RunWait('"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Sega Saturn Emulators\SSF.exe"')
    RunWait('"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0')
EndIf
Exit 0

Is there anything I can add to this to make it suspend XBMC and launch the emulator in fullscreen?

And I can't seem to get Mupen64 0.5.1 to work. I start it up and XBMC freezes up until I minimize and close Mupen 64.

This is the batch code I am using:
Code:
pssuspend "XBMC.exe"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Nintendo 64 Emulator\"
mupen64.exe --noosd --fullscreen --resolution 1920x1080 %1
pssuspend -r "XBMC.exe"

And here is my XBMC Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21219

(2012-12-15, 05:13)harSon Wrote: I think this may be my second to last question (I truly appreciate your guys' help, this is a lot more difficult than I was expecting!):

Is it possible to have a single batch do more than one thing? I am attempting to use SSF Emulator (Sega Saturn), which requires the game/iso to be mounted. So a script/batch that mounts and unmounts an iso upon starting is needed, which I founded on this forum:

Code:
ssf.exe

But I also need help constructing a batch file that will also A) Suspend XBMC and B) Launch SSF in fullscreen:

Code:
pssuspend "XBMC.exe"
SSF.exe %1
pssuspend -r "XBMC.exe"

I also found an Autoit script on these forums for the mounting/unmounting of an image for SSF:
Code:
If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
    RunWait('"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0,"' & $CmdLine[1] & '"')
    RunWait('"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\Video Game Emulators\Sega Saturn Emulators\SSF.exe"')
EndIf
Exit 0

Is there anything I can add to this to make it suspend XBMC and launch the emulator in fullscreen?

And I can't seem to get Mupen64 0.5.1 to work. I start it up and XBMC freezes up until I minimize and close Mupen 64.

Code:
pssuspend "XBMC.exe"
pssuspend -r "XBMC.exe"

This is what my program RoM-Jacket generates for saturn:
Code:
CHCP 1252
MODE CON: COLS=15 LINES=1
TITLE LAUNCHER

pushd "%~dp0"
SET EMUL=C:\Emulators\SSF
SET EMUZ=SSF
SET XPADDER=C:\Emulators\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe
SET DAMVAR=C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTlite.exe
SET GAMNAM=%~dpn0
SET GAMDIR=%CD%
SET EMUDIR=%EMUL:~0,2%
for /f "tokens=3 delims= " %%a in ('reg query HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer /v NoDriveTypeAutoRun') do SET NDAR=%%a
copy /Y "*.ini" "%EMUL%"
copy /Y ".Mem\*.bin" "%EMUL%"
copy /Y ".sstates\*" "%EMUL%\SaveState"
REM [DSP]displayswitch /internal
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer" /v "NoDriveTypeAutorun" /t REG_DWORD /d 0x20 /f
cmd /c "%DAMVAR%" -unmount scsi, 0
for /f "tokens=* delims=" %%a in ('dir /B /A-D "*.mdf"') do (
set ROM=%%~na
CALL :RUN
)
:RUN
"%DAMVAR%" -mount scsi, 0,"%GAMDIR%\%ROM%.mdf"
"%XPADDER%"  /m "%GAMNAM%1.xpadderprofile" "%GAMNAM%2.xpadderprofile"
%EMUDIR%
pushd "%EMUL%"
start /wait "" "%EMUL%\%EMUZ%.exe"
copy /Y "%EMUL%\*.ini" "%ROMDIR%"
copy /Y "%EMUL%\SaveState\*" "%ROMDIR%\.sstates"
copy /Y "%EMUL%\Snapshot\*" "%ROMDIR%\.snaps"
copy /Y "%EMUL%\*Backup*.bin" "%ROMDIR%\.Mem"
cmd /c "%DAMVAR%" -unmount scsi, 0
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer" /v "NoDriveTypeAutorun" /t REG_DWORD /d %NDAR% /f
REM [DSP]displayswitch /extend
"%XPADDER%" /m MediaCenter1 nolayout2
taskkill /F /IM cmd.exe

The frontend uses a custom ahk executable that minimizes and suspends the fe until the launcher exits.
Hey!

I'm not an expert at this at all, but i can't seem to start mednafen with advanced Launcher.

Im running RaspBMC on a raspberry PI.
i installed mednafen using "sudo apt-get install mednafen"

In advanced launcher i added /usr/games/mednafen and it filled out the rest of the options for me automatically, except for me having to point out where my roms are.

When i try to start mednafen all that appears is a circle (the loading symbol). Then nothing!
Also when i try to configure the launcher and "add items", it scans my rom-folder and seem to find everything but it freezes in the process and says "0 items added" ..

Where did i go wrong?
(2012-12-14, 21:09)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-12-14, 21:03)sudopinion Wrote:
(2012-12-14, 20:59)Angelscry Wrote: Which versions of XBMC and Advanced Launcher are you sing?
Using Frodo RC-1 with the latest version of advanced launcher on win7 x64.
Which RC-1? I'm actually on 12.0-RC1 Git:20121214-487c0e0 and I'm not able to generate any error message. Are you using a older or younger version of RC-1? What is exactly your problem? How/when it occurs?

I think I have a similar problem, but there are no whitepsaces in my launchers.xml <id> tag for the firefox launcher I tried to create. I've used the OFFICIAL RC-1 and installed Advanced Launcher from within xbmc via the add-on browser (or what it's called...), I'm using xbmcbuntu frodo RC-1 so no git hub whatsoever, don't know which git version that should correspond to sorry since I never use those. Log looks like this:

Code:
21:56:34 T:2853149504  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
21:57:23 T:2841066304  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
21:58:39 T:2913983296  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
21:58:39 T:2913983296  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
21:58:39 T:2913983296  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:58:39 T:2913983296  NOTICE: Launcher: found 1 launchers
21:58:39 T:2913983296   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...)
21:58:39 T:2913983296   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/edward/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/addon.py", line 19, in <module>
                                                plugin.Main()
                                              File "/home/edward/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py", line 189, in __init__
                                                self._run_launcher(launcher)
                                              File "/home/edward/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py", line 1129, in _run_launcher
                                                xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")
                                            RuntimeError: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:59:20 T:2841066304  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
(2012-12-15, 05:13)harSon Wrote: I think this may be my second to last question (I truly appreciate your guys' help, this is a lot more difficult than I was expecting!):

Code:
ssf.exe

Code:
pssuspend "XBMC.exe"
SSF.exe %1
pssuspend -r "XBMC.exe"

Code:
If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
EndIf
Exit 0

Code:
pssuspend "XBMC.exe"
pssuspend -r "XBMC.exe"

Yes it is possible to create batch files that make several things. And that's the interest of batch to be able to make exactly what you want with your system like perform several task at the time.

For your SSF problem, concerning fullscreen, I think that when is SSf into fullscreen (ALT+ENTER) and when you close it into this state (ALT+F4), then next time you will start SSF if will be again into fullscreen. So just put it into this state a first time, and all the other time it will start into fullscreen. Concerning your .BAT script to mount/unmount ISO files and suspend/restore XBMC, the script must look something like that :

Code:
pssuspend "XBMC.exe"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0, "%1"
SSF.exe %1
pssuspend -r "XBMC.exe"

(2012-12-15, 21:11)patrikhuset Wrote: I'm not an expert at this at all, but i can't seem to start mednafen with advanced Launcher.

In advanced launcher i added /usr/games/mednafen and it filled out the rest of the options for me automatically, except for me having to point out where my roms are.

When i try to start mednafen all that appears is a circle (the loading symbol). Then nothing!
Also when i try to configure the launcher and "add items", it scans my rom-folder and seem to find everything but it freezes in the process and says "0 items added" ..

Where did i go wrong?
Are you using SMB paths?
(2012-12-15, 22:51)gokudo Wrote:
(2012-12-14, 21:09)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-12-14, 21:03)sudopinion Wrote: Using Frodo RC-1 with the latest version of advanced launcher on win7 x64.
Which RC-1? I'm actually on 12.0-RC1 Git:20121214-487c0e0 and I'm not able to generate any error message. Are you using a older or younger version of RC-1? What is exactly your problem? How/when it occurs?

I think I have a similar problem, but there are no whitepsaces in my launchers.xml <id> tag for the firefox launcher I tried to create. I've used the OFFICIAL RC-1 and installed Advanced Launcher from within xbmc via the add-on browser (or what it's called...), I'm using xbmcbuntu frodo RC-1 so no git hub whatsoever, don't know which git version that should correspond to sorry since I never use those. Log looks like this:

Code:
21:56:34 T:2853149504  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
21:57:23 T:2841066304  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
21:58:39 T:2913983296  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
21:58:39 T:2913983296  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
21:58:39 T:2913983296  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:58:39 T:2913983296  NOTICE: Launcher: found 1 launchers
21:58:39 T:2913983296   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...)
21:58:39 T:2913983296   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/edward/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/addon.py", line 19, in <module>
                                                plugin.Main()
                                              File "/home/edward/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py", line 189, in __init__
                                                self._run_launcher(launcher)
                                              File "/home/edward/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py", line 1129, in _run_launcher
                                                xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")
                                            RuntimeError: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::executehttpapi(...)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:59:20 T:2841066304  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
Thsat's a different problem. In your case your surely using an old/deprecated version of Advanced Launcher (version 1.7.6, that only works with Eden version of XBMC) with the Frodo version of XBMC. Install the last version of Advancec Launcher 1.10.7, and it may solve your problem.

I created this short cut

netflix://

And added it to advanced launcher as per the instructions here for window8 metro apps.
I can click on it from the desktop and it works fine . But from programs/advancedlauncher etc.. it doesn't do anything.
wondering if there is way to create shortcut in xbmc that triggers a series of keystrokes

For instance if I move the Netflix tile to the lower left hand corner of the start screen, now I can press
"windows" then "enter" in succession and launch Netflix. Other combinations of arrows will give anything you want.
(2012-12-16, 06:34)mobile87 Wrote: I created this short cut

netflix://

And added it to advanced launcher as per the instructions here for window8 metro apps.
I can click on it from the desktop and it works fine . But from programs/advancedlauncher etc.. it doesn't do anything.
No... It must work. It work like this on my Windows 8 system. Have you really created an explorer.exe files launcher based on .URL internet shortcuts? Are you using XBMC Launcher on your Windows 8 system? Could you post here the content of your launchers.xml file?

(2012-12-16, 06:34)mobile87 Wrote: wondering if there is way to create shortcut in xbmc that triggers a series of keystrokes
For instance if I move the Netflix tile to the lower left hand corner of the start screen, now I can press
"windows" then "enter" in succession and launch Netflix. Other combinations of arrows will give anything you want.
You can create an AutoIt script, compile it into an executable file and start it from Advanced Launcher. The AutoIt script may looks like this :

Code:
Send("{LWIN}")
Send("{ENTER}")

But as I tell you the use of the netflix:// URL must work on your system.

(2012-12-16, 04:18)Angelscry Wrote: [quote='patrikhuset' pid='1267100' dateline='1355598669']I'm not an expert at this at all, but i can't seem to start mednafen with advanced Launcher.

Where did i go wrong?
Are you using SMB paths?

the roms are placed in my /home/pi/roms folder on the SD card
(2012-12-16, 11:21)patrikhuset Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 04:18)Angelscry Wrote: [quote='patrikhuset' pid='1267100' dateline='1355598669']I'm not an expert at this at all, but i can't seem to start mednafen with advanced Launcher.

Where did i go wrong?
Are you using SMB paths?

the roms are placed in my /home/pi/roms folder on the SD card

Ok, i noticed that .nes wasnt added to the extension list.

Got a new error though. when i try to start one of the roms i manually added it says "script failed: addon.py"
Hello, I have written a utility which can be easily configured. It is made between the Advanced Launcher and the programme to be started!

In conjunction with Advanced Launcher is now the following possibilities:
-fully automatic Score storage
back button (joypad) configurable
Screen is turned off when the programms starts (fewer windows) at the start of programs
-easy to configure
PC games can be run as an emulator (ROM) including assignable back button!
-all parameters are freely configurable and customizable!
-Joytokey.exe can be import for Keyboardcommands !

Check it out! I tested my program at Eden! I am always open for improvement! Please write me at
KSieber@online.de for the program, if interrested!

greetings Kevin

Here is the download Link:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2297412020/JOYSTARTEND.exe

For configuration ..put my Programm in the same Folder as the Emulator. Select my Programm in XBMC Advanced Launcher as Emulator. Select the real Emulator as a Parameter in advanced Launcher ! I will do a Video soon !
  • 280(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24