• 309(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2013-02-28, 00:43)Bigmonty Wrote: Think I have it working.

I had the following (obviously with my directory path)

-f "%rom%" -statefile="E:\amiga\savestates\%romname%.uss"

When I changed it to this, it worked:

"%rom%" -statefile="E:\amiga\savestates\%romname%.uss"

What exactly does the "-f" at the start do?
According to WinUAE board, the -f argument is to indicate that you want to start WinUAE with the specified config file "%rom%" : http://winuaehelp.back2roots.org/tips/comline.htm
Are you sure that WinUAE is started with the right configuration file?
Hey there.

I setup my PS2 Launcher but want to modify my home screen off the launcher. Here a image:

How do I change the red box?

Is it possible to change the background to the screenshot folder of the PS2 so that it it will show the mutiple screenshots of every game?

Cheers.
(2013-03-01, 12:53)lokipoki Wrote: Hey there.

I setup my PS2 Launcher but want to modify my home screen off the launcher. Here a image:

How do I change the red box?

Is it possible to change the background to the screenshot folder of the PS2 so that it it will show the mutiple screenshots of every game?

Cheers.
To change the image into the red box, you need to change the fanart image linked to your PS2 launcher. To do this, highlight your PS2 launcher, go into the context menu ("C" key), select "Edit Launcher", then select "Change Fanart Image", then you will have 3 options :
  • Import image from... : that will use the selected fanart scraper to import and replace your actual PS2 fanart image.
  • Import local image : that will ask you to select a local image (on your hard drives) and that replace your actual PS2 fanart image by the one you will have selected.
  • Select local image : that will ask you to select a local image (on your hard drives) and that will define it as your actual PS2 fanart image.

You can define a custom folder of the launcher that could be used by the skin to display multiple fanart images. To do this, highlight your PS2 launcher, go into the context menu ("C" key), select "Edit Launcher", then select "Advanced Modifications", then select the "Change Custom Path" option and finally select the folder where are located your PS2 mutiple screenshots. But you have to be sure that the skin that you are using is supporting the multiple fanart images display for program add-ons.
(2013-03-01, 15:47)Angelscry Wrote: You can define a custom folder of the launcher that could be used by the skin to display multiple fanart images. To do this, highlight your PS2 launcher, go into the context menu ("C" key), select "Edit Launcher", then select "Advanced Modifications", then select the "Change Custom Path" option and finally select the folder where are located your PS2 mutiple screenshots. But you have to be sure that the skin that you are using is supporting the multiple fanart images display for program add-ons.

I did that, but nothing happens. Im using Aeon Nox.
(2013-03-01, 15:57)lokipoki Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 15:47)Angelscry Wrote: You can define a custom folder of the launcher that could be used by the skin to display multiple fanart images. To do this, highlight your PS2 launcher, go into the context menu ("C" key), select "Edit Launcher", then select "Advanced Modifications", then select the "Change Custom Path" option and finally select the folder where are located your PS2 mutiple screenshots. But you have to be sure that the skin that you are using is supporting the multiple fanart images display for program add-ons.

I did that, but nothing happens. Im using Aeon Nox.
So Aeon Nox do not support this features for program add-ons.
When I go into:

Viewtyp Settings>Background Customizer>Fallback Settings>Multi Image

I can chose a folder. When I now enter PS2 Launcher I can see the screenshot flashing and then ending up with the previous like the image I provided...

Which Skin supports the extrafanart for programs?
(2013-03-01, 16:10)lokipoki Wrote: When I go into:

I can chose a folder. When I now enter PS2 Launcher I can see the screenshot flashing and then ending up with the previous like the image I provided...

The only one I know is Cirrus Extended v2.... but it may also works with the v3.
(2013-03-01, 16:15)Angelscry Wrote:

The only one I know is Cirrus Extended v2.... but it may also works with the v3.

Ok I changed now to Cirrus and did what you recommended. But it still doesnt work:

I just want to understand how the whole thing works. Is there a way to change the Aeon Nox Skin to make it work?!

Cheers.
(2013-03-01, 18:55)lokipoki Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 16:15)Angelscry Wrote:

Ok I changed now to Cirrus and did what you recommended. But it still doesnt work:

I just want to understand how the whole thing works. Is there a way to change the Aeon Nox Skin to make it work?!

Cheers.
Here more info : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=341#p341
Hi

Have tried to searched and not finding any explanation for this, maybe it is not possible.

Inside launchers.xml every launcher has an unique ID.
Is this something that is in the way to just copy the launcher and edit the lines that need to be edited?

Or do I have to make each of them inside XBMC?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2013-03-02, 18:42)pettergulbra Wrote: Hi

Have tried to searched and not finding any explanation for this, maybe it is not possible.

Inside launchers.xml every launcher has an unique ID.
Is this something that is in the way to just copy the launcher and edit the lines that need to be edited?

Or do I have to make each of them inside XBMC?
Normally you can do all from XBMC/Advanced Launcher GUI. There is no need to edit the launchers.xml file. Even me I do not edit it, and make all from the XBMC/Advanced Launcher GUI.

BTW, if you want, you have the possibility to edit the launchers.xml file. But the risk to make a mistake and corrupt the launchers.xml file will be higher. Launchers and items ID are use to identify them. This is these ID which are internally call by XBMC or Advanced Launcher to open/start them. You can edit/create your proper one with any kind of string your want. The only restriction is that this ID must be unique.
Version 1.13.0 : This new version of Advanced Launcher replace the custom path parameter for launchers and items and that could be use to define trailer and extrafanart paths by 2 new parameters :

Image Image
  • Trailer path : With previous versions of Advanced Launcher trailer files path were defined by the custom_path_parameter, the item or application filename with a mp4 extension. Trailer path parameter now allow you to directly define a video file as a trailer video (for a launcher or an item).
  • Extra fanart path : Extra fanart path are generally strictly managed by the skin. This Extra fanart path parameter allow to assign this path to the Listitem.director entry (most of the time not used for Program-addon into XBMC). So skinners will have now the possibility to let Advanced Launcher manage the extra fanart path itself.

This version of Advanced Launcher fix the display refreshing after scan. With previous version the list a the items was not automatically updated. I have also started to make some cleaning into thumbs/fanarts images testing algorythms and started to add Advanced Launcher debug log support into xbmc.log file. It still actually WIP (because it is long to put in place, and not really exciting). Here is an example :

Code:
13:24:19 T:139924321855232  NOTICE: [ALA] Launcher Gaikai selected
13:24:19 T:139924321855232  NOTICE: [ALA] Scan for New Items
13:24:19 T:139924321855232  NOTICE: [ALA] Launcher list contain 4 items
13:24:19 T:139924321855232  NOTICE: [ALA] Starting dead items scan
13:24:19 T:139924321855232  NOTICE: [ALA] Searching /run/media/angelscry/GWENAEL/Emulation/advanced launcher/gaika/tera online.html
13:24:19 T:139924321855232  NOTICE: [ALA] Found
13:24:19 T:139924321855232  NOTICE: [ALA] Searching /run/media/angelscry/GWENAEL/Emulation/advanced launcher/gaika/dead island.html
13:24:19 T:139924321855232  NOTICE: [ALA] Searching /run/media/angelscry/GWENAEL/Emulation/advanced launcher/gaika/darksiders.html
13:24:19 T:139924321855232  NOTICE: [ALA] Searching /run/media/angelscry/GWENAEL/Emulation/advanced launcher/gaika/alan wake.html
13:24:20 T:139924321855232  NOTICE: [ALA] No dead item entry

Changelog :
  • Add launcher and item trailer selection.
  • Rename custom path as extra-fanarts path.
  • Assign extra-fanarts path to listitem.director.
  • Fix display refresh after scan.
  • Clean existing thumbs/fanarts images testing code.
  • Start to add debug log support (WIP).
(2013-03-02, 22:53)Angelscry Wrote: Normally you can do all from XBMC/Advanced Launcher GUI. There is no need to edit the launchers.xml file. Even me I do not edit it, and make all from the XBMC/Advanced Launcher GUI.

BTW, if you want, you have the possibility to edit the launchers.xml file. But the risk to make a mistake and corrupt the launchers.xml file will be higher. Launchers and items ID are use to identify them. This is these ID which are internally call by XBMC or Advanced Launcher to open/start them. You can edit/create your proper one with any kind of string your want. The only restriction is that this ID must be unique.

Thanks for the answer. I asked because I was thinking of make many one that are almost alike. Just small differences.
But then it is the safest to each one by hand inside XBMC.

Thanks for a grate plugin.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Hello,

I am wondering if anybody can help me with an issue launching MAME with advanced launcher.

I am running Frodo on Windows 7. I placed everything in a MAME folder in the root of the C drive for ease of access.

From windows MAME works great. I configured the .ini file. When I click on MAME64.exe everything works just as it should.

But I cannot get it to launch with Advanced Launcher. After setting it up when I attempt to launch MAME I see a quick flash of what looks like a command prompt window and that is it. It just stays in XBMC. I even minimized XBMC to see if MAME had launched behind the the windowed XBMC. But it didn't.

I checked the argument and everything from the WIKI and everything seems to be correct.

Any help is appreciated.
hey angel thx for the update!!!
glad to see that trailer is now supported but which skin does support it? right know I'm using xperience and their is no advance launcher support ( yet ) but I'd like to test this new option!
cheers
  • 309(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24