• 403(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2014-07-27, 06:05)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-07-26, 22:48)iceman600 Wrote: here is my log file after the error i got ;(
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=254379
Launcher.xml file please. There is no Advanced Launcher or XBMC error. The error you got is a Windows error because you do not use the right way to start lnk. file.
Try to remove white spaces into your .lnk filename (rename it).

where can i find that Launcher.xml file?
C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.launcher\launchers.xml
here is my xml file... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3191...nchers.xml

btw i changed the .lnk shortcut without the a space and i got the same error... Sad

I tried the %ROM% arguments and without, both gave me the same error.
@Angelscry :

I' ve tried to start a Wii game with AL... so configured AL successful and everything works fine.
But whenn I trie to start the game nothing happens. I can't find any error in xbmc-debug.log...

Do you have any idea?

I use ubuntu 14.04 mini...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2011-03-21, 21:19)billg618 Wrote: I'm having problems getting sound to work in anything I launch. I'm running on Windows 7 and have narrowed it down to something to do with the exclusive mode setting on my audio device.

I have the audio hooked up to my onboard SPDIF port. If I go Playback Devices->Properties for SPDIF->Advanced Tab and uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device", then audio will work for both XBMC and anything loaded from Advanced Launcher. However, I lose the ability to play any video that has surround sound, as it seems that Windows 7 requires Exclusive Mode to be able to do surround.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I have this problem now on XBMC 13.1. I want to use Wasapi. For that to work I need 'allow applications to take exclusive control of this device' checked. But if I do that, I don't get sound in the applications I start. At least, I think that's the problem.
Quit xbmc before launching external programs. imho this solves plenty of issues and is the only way to launch external apps. This is how I do it, although undoubtedly there are other ways:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1688551
Thank's a lot. This certainly looks promising. I don't understand every bit of it yet. But I will try to figure it out.

I do have a question though. cURL.exe and stella.exe. Do they come with de add-ons Rom Collection Browser and Advanced Launcher? Or should I manually download them and place them in c:\emulation\ or wherever I think is convenient?
The curl.exe command is to return xbmc to the 'emulator' section in my advanced launcher after exiting the emulator and xbmc is restarted (via via json-rpc), you dont need this command, its just really a convenience for me. You can configure it to suit your needs, eg go back to your 'pc games' section in advance launcher, etc. There is also a xbmc addon which does this but I havent got around to trying it out and I cant think of the name right now.

Stella.exe is the name of the emulator Im launching in that example. Normally this would be inside the <application> tags, but instead all emulators use applaunch.bat as the program, with the actual program you want to run is a argument, so the applaunch.bat is launching the emulator after closing xbmc.
First of all, great work on this add-on. It's really smooth sailing working with it.

I've got one question and one idea.

If I start off with the idea.
* It would be really helpful for beginners when adding a new Files Launcher if it said what directory you're currently adding. The steps are Emulator, Rom, Thumbnail, Fanart. But I couldn't find any text about it when I was doing it. It was a little trial and error for me.

My setup:
Intel NUC D54250WYK (120GB HDD and 8GB RAM)
XBMC installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
Emulators installed in C:\Emulators\"Type of Console"\"Emulatorname"
Roms are on my NAS, mapped network drive
I use XBMCLauncher to start XBMC when I start up my NUC
I run XBMC in that "Emulate full screen and don't use real fullscreen" (I don't know what the real name is, but you get it)

My question:
I've added a few emulators and added roms to them, so far so good, I can scroll through my roms with thumbnails and fanart. It's really great. But when I launch a rom, let's say Super Mario on the NES (Nestopia or JNES) or Super Punch Out on the SNES (Snes9x) the emulators start up fine and begin to load the rom, the pre text shows and sometimes I even get to the "Press Start"-screen. However, after about 4-5 seconds I return to XBMC.

If I hit alt+tab I can see that the emulator is running in the background. But if I open the emulator again it will only return me back to XBMC in 4-5 seconds again. At first I thought it was because I used my keyboard as a controller, but I've actually tested not to press any buttons and it still behaves like this.

The emulator is running fine in the background to, not crashing or anything like that. I can hear the sounds from the game and when I alt+tab over to it I can see the "demo" that runs if you don't press start.

Maybe I've done something wrong? I'm sorry if this question has been answered before, I've tried googling it and tried looking through this thread, but it's 403 pages, so it's easily missed if that's the case.

Does anyone has a solution to this?
Youve probably enabled 'force focus on xbmc' in xbmc launcher
(2014-08-01, 08:03)teeedubb Wrote: Youve probably enabled 'force focus on xbmc' in xbmc launcher

You're probably right. Now I'm just ashamed that it was so simple.

This means I should tick the "Disable focus permanently" box and I'll be set?

Thank you very much!
Yeah that should do it. I'd disable windows automatic updates too - that has a nasty habit of stealing focus, for me on win7 at least.
(2014-08-01, 07:58)ShaManX Wrote: If I start off with the idea.
* It would be really helpful for beginners when adding a new Files Launcher if it said what directory you're currently adding. The steps are Emulator, Rom, Thumbnail, Fanart. But I couldn't find any text about it when I was doing it. It was a little trial and error for me.
Concerning this part of your question, all these informations are actually displayed into the dialogue title box (see screenshots below) :

Also, for beginners, there is the user manuel that describe all these steps into order : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4#p4
Finally there is also video tutorials like this one : http://www.gwenael.org/Repository%20Arch...rial07.php

I'm ok that at the begining the use of Advanced Launcher could not be easy for beginners, but all the basic and support information are here.
Here's a Linux question for anyone who would be willing to help me out:

How I can execute this wine *.desktop script?

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Need for Speed Underground 2
Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/heinrich/.wine" wine C:\\\\Program\\ Files\\ \\(x86\\)\\\\EA\\ GAMES\\\\Need\\ for\\ Speed\\ Underground\\ 2\\\\SPEED2.EXE
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Path=/home/heinrich/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/Need for Speed Underground 2/
Icon=AE30_SPEED2.0

I've tried to just create a files launcher using wine as the launcher and the pathname for the game but it crashes without the prefix information.

So how can I do this and have it work?
Tried making a script file to run the Exec= command and pointing AL to that?
  • 403(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24