• 412(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Version 2.5.7 : This new version of Advanced Launcher fix a bug bring by the version 2.5.4 concerning audio suspdending. This is most a rollback than a real fix.
Changelog :
  • Rollback suspend audio feature bring by version 2.5.4.
(2014-09-14, 16:31)fabeer Wrote: Is there any possibility to do all the scan on xbmc on my computer,and then transfer files to my android box? my roms are stocked on a hdd usb.If yes,can you plz explain the details plz?
It will be quite complicated. Because your Android system and your Computer system do not work at all the same way. Applications and file paths are totally differents. This is how you could proceed :
  • First copy past the launchers.xml file located on your computer into your Android system.
  • For each files launcher, export items infos (name, description, date, etc... ) to NFO files (automatic).
  • Into Advanced Launcher, on your Android system import the saved launcher.xml file (Add-on settings > Advanced > Append XML file)
  • For each launcher, manually correct the application path and argument. Also, manually correct the thumb and fanart paths.
  • For each files launcher, manually correct manually correct the items, thumb and fanart paths.
  • Set scrapers collecting method to NFO Files (for data) and local images (for thumb and fanart).
  • For each files launcher, clear items list then scan for new items.
(2014-09-13, 22:27)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-09-11, 13:05)fabeer Wrote: Hello guys and thx for the hard work

I'm trying to make it work on my minix x7,4.4.2 rom rooted and using spmc

I have the error message "cannot create launcher.xml file" and "cannot create backup file"
when searching for new objects..any idea whats wrong plz?

thx a lot
It surely an XBMC/Advanced Launcher bug, but I'm not able to fix it by myself.

Anyone or section in the forum where we might ask for help?...sorry to insist like this,but your add on is for me the best for emulators on android,and want it to work so bad...
Thanks for the quick fix Angelscry! Advanced Launcher has been an incredibly helpful add-on for pretty much everything that XBMC won't natively do.
Is there any way to launch (play) a playlist automatically?

For example, I have a Random Seinfeld playlist. I added it to favorites so that I could add it to Adv. Launcher, but all that does take me to the playlist. I was hoping there was a way to set it so that it would just start playing the first entry on the playlist instead of opening it up.

Thanks!
If there is a command into XBMC that allow you to start and play a playlist, it would be possible to launch this command internally or externally (by using script) using Advanced Launcher.
(2014-09-15, 16:15)Angelscry Wrote: If there is a command into XBMC that allow you to start and play a playlist, it would be possible to launch this command internally or externally (by using script) using Advanced Launcher.

Thanks. I found this script, but at this point, the whole thing is over my head. I really can't believe that someone wouldn't want a simple way to randomly play (one click) a specific playlist, but I guess I'm wrong because I can't find where anyone had done it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69797
Check lazy tv addon. It may be what you are looking for.
(2014-09-19, 05:10)markaisi Wrote: Check lazy tv addon. It may be what you are looking for.

Thanks. I have LazyTV, but the thing that makes it what people want (watch the next episode of the random show you just watched) isn't what I am looking for. The smart playlist takes care of the order, its just the cumbersome use of 3+ clicks to do something that could be done with one.

Right now, i am using Aeon MQ and have playlists mapped to my sub menu. I would be great to just select the sub menu icon hand have the first thing in the playlist play.

I guess its out there because skins do it with widgets, I just can't find a program that will do it.
(2014-09-16, 17:39)MrBlack13 Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 16:15)Angelscry Wrote: If there is a command into XBMC that allow you to start and play a playlist, it would be possible to launch this command internally or externally (by using script) using Advanced Launcher.

Thanks. I found this script, but at this point, the whole thing is over my head. I really can't believe that someone wouldn't want a simple way to randomly play (one click) a specific playlist, but I guess I'm wrong because I can't find where anyone had done it.

I have found 2 ways to do it...

First Method:

Into XBMC, add your playlist to favourites. Then, into Advanced Launcher create a favourite launcher of this playlist. Next, into the favourite launcher context menu ("C" key), go into Edit Launcher > Advanced Modifications > Modify Arguments and edit the value from this :

Code:
ActivateWindow(10502,"special://profile/playlists/music/Test.m3u",return)

to this :

Code:
PlayMedia("special://profile/playlists/music/Test.m3u",return)

Second Method:

Into XBMC, add your playlist to favourites. Then on your system, edit your xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml file and replace the line corresponding to your playlist from this :

Code:
<favourite name="Test.m3u">ActivateWindow(10502,&quot;special://profile/playlists/music/Test.m3u&quot;,return)</favourite>

to this :

Code:
<favourite name="Test.m3u">PlayMedia(&quot;special://profile/playlists/music/Test.m3u&quot;,return)</favourite>

Then you can create a favourite launcher into Advanced Launcher and do what you want with it.
(2014-09-20, 16:49)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-09-16, 17:39)MrBlack13 Wrote:

I have found 2 ways to do it...

First Method:

Into XBMC, add your playlist to favourites. Then, into Advanced Launcher create a favourite launcher of this playlist. Next, into the favourite launcher context menu ("C" key), go into Edit Launcher > Advanced Modifications > Modify Arguments and edit the value from this :

Code:
ActivateWindow(10502,&quot;special://profile/playlists/music/Test.m3u&quot;,return)

to this :

Code:
PlayMedia(&quot;special://profile/playlists/music/Test.m3u&quot;,return)

Second Method:

Into XBMC, add your playlist to favourites. Then on your system, edit your xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml file and replace the line corresponding to your playlist from this :

Code:
<favourite name="Test.m3u">ActivateWindow(10502,&quot;special://profile/playlists/music/Test.m3u&quot;,return)</favourite>

to this :

Code:
<favourite name="Test.m3u">PlayMedia(&quot;special://profile/playlists/music/Test.m3u&quot;,return)</favourite>

Then you can create a favourite launcher into Advanced Launcher and do what you want with it.

you are THE MAN! hopefully i'm not the only person looking for this and it will help a ton of others.

Thanks!
hi in case it can help anybody; i was trying to get retroarch working with sound on a debian based xbmc install with openbox/alsa only (no pulse audio)
But i was facing issue with xbmc keeping lock on alsa; it seems that retroarch when started without acquiring a lock will never output sound
FInally i wrote this small wrapper script that set keep_audio_alive to off; then wait for alsa lock to be released ; launch retroarch and then set back keep audio alive to 1 minute

Need to be adapted but main idea is there and it works here with a launch time of 2 - 3 seconds

Code:
#!/bin/bash

USER=xbmc
PWD=xbmc
RA_PATH=/opt/user/build/retroarch/usr/local/bin

LOCK="false"
check_alsa() {
  LOCK="false"
  for i in /proc/[0-9]*/fd/*
  do
    var="$(readlink $i)"
    if test x"$var" != x"${var#/dev/snd/pcm}"
    then
        LOCK="true"
    fi
  done
}

# check if another retroarch is running
if [[ "`pidof -x ${RA_PATH}/retroarch`" ]]; then
    #echo "alredy running"
    exit
fi

#Set Keep alive to off
curl -H "Content-type: application/json" -d \
'{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"audiooutput.streamsilence","value":0},"id":1}' http://${USER}:${PWD}@127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc

#wait for lock to be released
check_alsa;
while [ $LOCK = "true" ]; do check_alsa; done;

#launch  retroarch
$RA_PATH/retroarch "$@"

#Set keep alive to 1 minute
curl -H "Content-type: application/json" -d \
'{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"audiooutput.streamsilence","value":1},"id":1}' http://${USER}:${PWD}@127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc
Hello,

I am getting a strange UI issue with my current setup, but I'm not sure if it is an XBMC, skin, or an AL issue.

Pretty much what happens is that I have created a favorite in advanced launcher for a category called Emulators. Then in my theme Aeon, I have the favorite set as a main menu item.

The issue is that when I click the shortcut Advanced Launcher will open in the tri-pane layout for a split second (with no content) then switch to the correct Category, in the correct layout. Obviously this is not the end of the world, but it sure looks like hell.

Is this due to the fact that I am using the favorite shortcut under the main menu?

If anyone else is doing this, do you see the same behavior and what theme are you using (that supports custom menu items)? I am willing to switch themes if that is the issue.
Hey Angelscry, I was wondering something. How hard would it be to add functionality to directly launch VBScript (.vbs) files via Advanced Launcher? You can already launch batch files in it, so I was just curious if it would be similar in concept.
Hi Angelscry.

Thanks for this great project.

I would like to know if is possible to add a filter where you only show 'games' with some genre or year.
  • 412(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24