[RELEASE] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.82 Average
Angelscry Offline
Skilled Python Coder
Version 2.5.7 : This new version of Advanced Launcher fix a bug bring by the version 2.5.4 concerning audio suspdending. This is most a rollback than a real fix.
Changelog :
  • Rollback suspend audio feature bring by version 2.5.4.

Advanced Launcher | Manual | WiKi | Forums | Tutorials | Gallery | GitHub | Archives | Donate

find quote
Angelscry Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2014-09-14 16:31)fabeer Wrote:  Is there any possibility to do all the scan on xbmc on my computer,and then transfer files to my android box? my roms are stocked on a hdd usb.If yes,can you plz explain the details plz?
It will be quite complicated. Because your Android system and your Computer system do not work at all the same way. Applications and file paths are totally differents. This is how you could proceed :
  • First copy past the launchers.xml file located on your computer into your Android system.
  • For each files launcher, export items infos (name, description, date, etc... ) to NFO files (automatic).
  • Into Advanced Launcher, on your Android system import the saved launcher.xml file (Add-on settings > Advanced > Append XML file)
  • For each launcher, manually correct the application path and argument. Also, manually correct the thumb and fanart paths.
  • For each files launcher, manually correct manually correct the items, thumb and fanart paths.
  • Set scrapers collecting method to NFO Files (for data) and local images (for thumb and fanart).
  • For each files launcher, clear items list then scan for new items.

Advanced Launcher | Manual | WiKi | Forums | Tutorials | Gallery | GitHub | Archives | Donate

find quote
fabeer Offline
(2014-09-13 22:27)Angelscry Wrote:  
(2014-09-11 13:05)fabeer Wrote:  Hello guys and thx for the hard work

I'm trying to make it work on my minix x7,4.4.2 rom rooted and using spmc

I have the error message "cannot create launcher.xml file" and "cannot create backup file"
when searching for new objects..any idea whats wrong plz?

thx a lot
It surely an XBMC/Advanced Launcher bug, but I'm not able to fix it by myself.

Anyone or section in the forum where we might ask for help?...sorry to insist like this,but your add on is for me the best for emulators on android,and want it to work so bad...
find quote
bleakassassin Offline
Thanks for the quick fix Angelscry! Advanced Launcher has been an incredibly helpful add-on for pretty much everything that XBMC won't natively do.
find quote
MrBlack13 Offline
Is there any way to launch (play) a playlist automatically?

For example, I have a Random Seinfeld playlist. I added it to favorites so that I could add it to Adv. Launcher, but all that does take me to the playlist. I was hoping there was a way to set it so that it would just start playing the first entry on the playlist instead of opening it up.

Thanks!
find quote
Angelscry Offline
Skilled Python Coder
If there is a command into XBMC that allow you to start and play a playlist, it would be possible to launch this command internally or externally (by using script) using Advanced Launcher.

find quote
MrBlack13 Offline
(2014-09-15 16:15)Angelscry Wrote:  If there is a command into XBMC that allow you to start and play a playlist, it would be possible to launch this command internally or externally (by using script) using Advanced Launcher.

Thanks. I found this script, but at this point, the whole thing is over my head. I really can't believe that someone wouldn't want a simple way to randomly play (one click) a specific playlist, but I guess I'm wrong because I can't find where anyone had done it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69797
find quote
markaisi Offline
Check lazy tv addon. It may be what you are looking for.

Using Tapatalk
find quote
MrBlack13 Offline
(Yesterday 05:10)markaisi Wrote:  Check lazy tv addon. It may be what you are looking for.

Thanks. I have LazyTV, but the thing that makes it what people want (watch the next episode of the random show you just watched) isn't what I am looking for. The smart playlist takes care of the order, its just the cumbersome use of 3+ clicks to do something that could be done with one.

Right now, i am using Aeon MQ and have playlists mapped to my sub menu. I would be great to just select the sub menu icon hand have the first thing in the playlist play.

I guess its out there because skins do it with widgets, I just can't find a program that will do it.
find quote