• 418(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2014-10-18, 22:43)M4tt0 Wrote: Have been trying to get Colin McRae 2005 running via the standalone launcher but does not work. I think because of resolution issues.
Kodi/XBMC is set to run on 720p on my HD ready TV. CMR runs on 1080i in compatibility mode. When I launch it from within Kodi I can see that the TV tries to switch the resolution to 1080i but then gets stuck. The picture returns to Kodi and Kodi wants to use 1080i too (which is sub-optimal). CMR continues to run in the background but I get no picture.

Running Helix Alpha 3 on a Win 8.1 system. I'm using XBMC Launcher to boot into kodi directly.

Any advice appreciated...
Seems odd that Kodi tries to switch to 1080.

For what it's worth, I'd try enabling aspect ratio scaling and setting it to override program settings (this can be done with Nvidia cards via the Nvidia control panel, not sure about AMD). If that's no go, I'd try 1080p for the heck of it. Those should (I'd think) eliminate scaling and scanning methods from the list of potential causes.
(2014-10-18, 18:00)S3N1L3AN1MAL Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 17:53)Angelscry Wrote: Left 4 Dead 2 is a stand-alone launcher or an item (.lnk)?

It seems to be pointed to an .Ink, but I believe I added them as stand alone launchers.

PS: Confirmed all PC library games were added as stand alone launchers that point to shortcut .Inks because I'm unable to add PC games as items like you can with emulators (via right click menu "add items').
Search engine is just for items not for launchers. Generally you have around 10-20 launchers and around 1000-2000 items. Not the opposite.

(2014-10-18, 18:00)S3N1L3AN1MAL Wrote: If I add an emulator called "PC" and tell it to use a useless .bat file, I can then add PC games as items. However it will not let me select .Ink files (even though .Ink support is turned on and specified), only .Exes. These items are then searchable, but un-launchable (they get a script error, because of the useless .bat file, I guess).
Shortcuts under Windows are .lnk file (.LNK), not Ink files (.INK). Maybe it is the cause of your problem why they are not recognized by your launcher.

(2014-10-18, 18:00)S3N1L3AN1MAL Wrote: Does your repository contain additional files, or is the same as the .Zip I got from Github?
What do you mean by additionnal files?

(2014-10-18, 22:43)M4tt0 Wrote: Have been trying to get Colin McRae 2005 running via the standalone launcher but does not work. I think because of resolution issues.
Kodi/XBMC is set to run on 720p on my HD ready TV. CMR runs on 1080i in compatibility mode. When I launch it from within Kodi I can see that the TV tries to switch the resolution to 1080i but then gets stuck. The picture returns to Kodi and Kodi wants to use 1080i too (which is sub-optimal). CMR continues to run in the background but I get no picture.

Running Helix Alpha 3 on a Win 8.1 system. I'm using XBMC Launcher to boot into kodi directly.

Even if XBMC is started into Windowed mode?
(2014-10-19, 16:45)Angelscry Wrote: Search engine is just for items not for launchers. Generally you have around 10-20 launchers and around 1000-2000 items. Not the opposite. Shortcuts under Windows are .lnk file (.LNK), not Ink files (.INK). Maybe it is the cause of your problem why they are not recognized by your launcher.
Thanks for the response. That makes sense.

(2014-10-19, 16:45)Angelscry Wrote: What do you mean by additionnal files?
I was curious if there's any difference between downloading from your repository instead of Github, or if they are identical.
(2014-10-19, 19:30)S3N1L3AN1MAL Wrote: I was curious if there's any difference between downloading from your repository instead of Github, or if they are identical.
They are identical. Repository is more for common users, to have automatic updates of Advanced Launcher. Github is more for devellopers how want to contribute to the code.
(2014-10-20, 04:13)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-10-19, 19:30)S3N1L3AN1MAL Wrote: I was curious if there's any difference between downloading from your repository instead of Github, or if they are identical.
They are identical. Repository is more for common users, to have automatic updates of Advanced Launcher. Github is more for devellopers how want to contribute to the code.
I'll maybe delete and reinstall via repository for the auto-update feature. Thank you again for all the help and support.
it is possible launch Windows(*.exe) games under Openelec(Linux) with Advanced Launcher?
schould I use Wine?
(2014-10-20, 15:25)unalex Wrote: it is possible launch Windows(*.exe) games under Openelec(Linux) with Advanced Launcher?
schould I use Wine?
Yes, you must use Wine to do it. You must create a launcher that will start WINE as application with the suitable command line argument to automatically start your Windows games.
(2014-10-20, 15:57)Angelscry Wrote: You must create a launcher that will start WINE as application with the suitable command line argument to automatically start your Windows games.

thank you, Angelscry
can you tell me about "launchers of category" and "category of launchers"

i know about creating category with defferent launchers inside, so it is category of launchers?
Category ("Emulators") - launchers ("NES", "SNES", ...)

so, i can make launcher with different categories inside?
Launcher ("NES") - category ("Sport", "Arcade", ...)
how? inside launcher i cant find in menu something like "create category"
Is there anything I need to do to update the artwork? Only one of my 10 PC games has artwork. If I manually select art it never displays on screen. All the images are just placeholder art from whatever skin I'm using.
(2014-10-21, 07:07)unalex Wrote: can you tell me about "launchers of category" and "category of launchers"

i know about creating category with defferent launchers inside, so it is category of launchers?
Category ("Emulators") - launchers ("NES", "SNES", ...)

so, i can make launcher with different categories inside?
Launcher ("NES") - category ("Sport", "Arcade", ...)
how? inside launcher i cant find in menu something like "create category"
You cannot directly add a category into a launcher. But, for example, you can add a category you have created has XBMC favourite and then create a launcher thst will start this XBMC favourite.

(2014-10-21, 10:21)T800 Wrote: Is there anything I need to do to update the artwork? Only one of my 10 PC games has artwork. If I manually select art it never displays on screen. All the images are just placeholder art from whatever skin I'm using.
That probably a XBMC image cache problem. The only way I know actually to solve it is to restart XBMC.
(2014-10-19, 16:45)Angelscry Wrote:

Even if XBMC is started into Windowed mode?

Thanks for your help, guys!

@S3N1L3AN1MAL: I unfortunately could not find such settings with my integrated Intel HD5000 graphics driver, so got stuck there.

@Angelscry: Using windowed mode has not resolved the issue but helped to improve the situation to some extent because I could then see what was going on on the desktop:

(1) CMR2005 seems to be launched correctly in 1080i (the ONLY compatible resolution for the game / TV combination), my AVR recognizes the resolution switch and I can see CMR starting filling the full screen
(2) Apparently XBMC Launcher regularly tries to enforce the focus to be on XBMC, so CMR keeps running in the background, but loses focus.
(3) When XBMC is refocused it "thinks" it should run in 1080i and asks me whether I want to switch the resolution. When I decline (as I want to keep 720p), XBMC sets the resolution correctly, but the AVR keeps the TV in 1080i (I see XBMC but it is too small for the screen). Resetting the resolution in XBMC "fixes" the situation only that CMR still runs in the background ideling.

I figured that I can "register" CMR in the XBMC Launcher GUI settings and, thus, prevent the application from trying to refocus on XBMC. Now I can actually play (the sound is still missing but I guess that is due to WASAPI settings and exclusive mode). However, when I quit the game issue (3) above persists. Any idea how to resolve that?
Hi Angelscry,

I have been making a series of new viewtypes for Cirrus Extended for my leisure and am curious if Advanced Launcher scrapes rating data at all? If so, is there any documentation or information about the usage of this? I would love to be able to add star ratings to the viewtypes. Any information you could share would be great.

If you would like to see what I have been working on, please visit here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=206682
(2014-10-21, 23:19)M4tt0 Wrote: I figured that I can "register" CMR in the XBMC Launcher GUI settings and, thus, prevent the application from trying to refocus on XBMC. Now I can actually play (the sound is still missing but I guess that is due to WASAPI settings and exclusive mode). However, when I quit the game issue (3) above persists. Any idea how to resolve that?
If you :
  • Do not use XBMC Launcher
  • Use XBMC into windowed mode
  • Disable GUI sounds into XBMC
  • Activate the "Toggle XBMC into Windows" option in your launcher advanced settings.
Does it improve something?

(2014-10-22, 03:02)Rufoo Wrote: Hi Angelscry,

I have been making a series of new viewtypes for Cirrus Extended for my leisure and am curious if Advanced Launcher scrapes rating data at all? If so, is there any documentation or information about the usage of this? I would love to be able to add star ratings to the viewtypes. Any information you could share would be great.

If you would like to see what I have been working on, please visit here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=206682
There is no rating support at all into Advanced Launcher.
A someone work for you in ANDROID?

I do not work any emulator roms
(2014-10-22, 10:17)Laser78 Wrote: A someone work for you in ANDROID?

I do not work any emulator roms
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183527
  • 418(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24