• 4(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Thoughts on 7-Zip support in XBMC Advanced Launcher itself? PyLZMA provides 7zip support to Python....

I created an issue for 7zip support in XBMC Advanced Launcher. It doesn't work, but it is a start.
Jurai Wrote:on another note, I'm having trouble launching NES roms via Mednafen which contain a comma in the filename, has anyone else encountered this? I am not super familiar with mednafen so it could be unrelated to the plugin
Actually the launcher do not support filenames with coma. You will have to rename the files. Sorry. I will try to see if I can fix this for a future version.
Pinhead Wrote:Firstly, I'm using the default Confluence skin. I tried adding a custom 'Games' button to the main menu, but when I try to select which add-on to tie the button to AL doesn't show up as an option (other add-ons do). It would be great if I could make a 'Games' button and go straight to the AL launcher menu.
I have just tested to add the advancer launcher add-on as favorite into the apps menu as sub menu and renamed "Games", all that under Alaska.Revisited skin, and it works perfectly :

I think it may be a problem related to Confluence skin, and not to the advanced launcher add-on.

Pinhead Wrote:Secondly, I assume this has something to do with the Confluence skin, but right now I can only set my view settings to Thumbnail, List or Big List. In other words, there's no way to view year, studio, genre, or any other text-based information the add-on gets from allgames.com, other than the game name itself. Judging from the screens in the thread, there's more to the add-on than just viewing thumbnails. Do I have to edit the skin on my own, or is there some trick to this?
Most of the skin does not support yet the display of fanarts, and additionnal informations (like plot, release date, studio etc...) for programs. Original Alaska Revisited skin, partially display all the information. But for a full support of the launcher, actually, you will have to use my Alaska.Revisited MOD. If you want full information and images display for Confluence you will have to create your mod or wait for someone to had new views for programs.
smithr99 Wrote:found a rather critical error. When adding a game in manually, if it fails, the plugin seems to wipe most of your launchers.xml file out
eg I have 7 or 8 emus in my launchers list. I just tried adding a game manually by pressing C when Gameboy was highlighted, choose Manually Add File, then scroll for the game and select. A message appears saying "the file has been added sucessfully..." but then I get an Error in PY and when you reload the plugin, almost all the emus have now dissapeared
This critical error is now fixed by the version 0.6.5 of the launcher. I hope you have not loose to many crucial works with this error. I'm sorry for the eventual damage. Again, thank you for your feedback.
rausch101 Wrote:Angelscry - I've been getting running the batch scan/get info for entire roms folders and see that there's many games (maybe like 20-30%) that are not scraped, but are listed on the gamefaq website. I'm unsure what the most helpful way of reporting this is so I thought I'd ask first.

How would you like me to report the unfound games?
The best way I think will be :

1. To post here (or on pastebin) the content of your launchers.xml file. If the file is too big, you can also simply post the part corresponding to the launcher you try to scrap rom from.

2. Give me the list of the exact filename (+extension) of the rom you try to scrap.

With those 2 information I will be able recreate the bug and surely fix it.
Rob Loach Wrote:Thoughts on 7-Zip support in XBMC Advanced Launcher itself? PyLZMA provides 7zip support to Python....

I created an issue for 7zip support in XBMC Advanced Launcher. It doesn't work, but it is a start.
Most of the emulators are already able to manage by themself compressed roms files (mostly under zip format). Or in other case some roms are already compressed (like bin files). I do not think we need to add a supplementary compression level or works with files formats (like 7-zip) that are not originally supported by the emulators.

To be honest, I prefer to use decompressed roms instead of compressed ones. Yes, they takes surely more space of my hard drive, but on the other side they start really more quickly than the compressed ones. And I don't want to wait 10 or 20 seconds to play a game.

I have already works this several compression formats : zip, rar or 7z. 7z format give the best compression level but is also more slower to decompress than the zip format (for final archives size more or less similar).

Why do you want to add 7-zip support?
Angelscry Wrote:Actually the launcher do not support filenames with coma. You will have to rename the files. Sorry. I will try to see if I can fix this for a future version.

oh, that sucks, I hope you can add a fix!
Let me know if you'd like to add thegamesdb.net as a scraper source.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Code:
if $CmdLine[0] = 1 Then
    $path = StringSplit($CmdLine[1], "\")
    $romname = $path[$path[0]]
    $savename = StringReplace($romname, ".uae", ".uss")
    Run ( 'winuae.exe -f "' & $romname & '" -statefile="Savestates\' & $savename & '"', "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
EndIf

current LW (lLaunch Winuae(autoit code)

rules
1 winuae folder must be in root
2 as rompath must be selected Configurations dir and rom extension must be set as uae
3 savestate file must have same name (beside extension ofcourse) as romname (config file)

files now can have spaces in romnames. So for me its sounds like a perfect Smile
unfortunatelly there's only one thing: Although set maximise flag in autoit (it working pretty well because config screen is much better vissible on big screens) a emulator is launched in background. so xbmc going back and only after tasking alt+tab i can back to emu. Ill try to make winuae always on top (in config) but this thing makes winuae to crash because xbmc wish to be on top.
i think a reason is in exiting autoit process after launch winuae. so xbmc when launched by ALA process is no more exist - just take lead.

hah i found solution

Code:
if $CmdLine[0] = 1 Then
    $path = StringSplit($CmdLine[1], "\")
    $romname = $path[$path[0]]
    $savename = StringReplace($romname, ".uae", ".uss")
    Run ( 'winuae.exe -f "' & $romname & '" -statefile="Savestates\' & $savename & '"', "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

While ProcessExists("winuae.exe")
WEnd

EndIf

sorry for long post but i was seeking for solution and writing this post simultaneously Smile

Angelscry: my previous problems with forced of pressing enter key was dissapear after i use a blank new version of ALA. may its a problem with overwriting newest versions over old launcher folder. at now everything looks fine.
Thank you for helping.

Finaly winuae works properly with your ALA
@Jurai just run Bath Rename from http://www.stintercorp.com/ (or any similiar software) and scan all roms folder for "." then replace it with "_" or space or other acceptable sign Smile
Jurai Wrote:oh, that sucks, I hope you can add a fix!
I will try to do my best. The launcher was initially coded with this limitation. I have to look why there is this limitation and then I will try to fix it (if it is possible).
ghostelement Wrote:Let me know if you'd like to add thegamesdb.net as a scraper source.
Did your database support multi-platform games? For example if I do a search on "Sonic the Hedgehog" your database only return me the Genesis version of the game. How about the Game Gear and the Master System versions? There is also more recent game versions of the game on iPhone, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Also for a same platform there is generally 3 regional versions : US, EU and JP with different cover box. Did your database support multiple boxarts?

Finally do you have planed to add a screenshot option on your database? Most of the oldest games do no have fanarts pictures. In those cases it was great to simply display a screenshot of the game.
Robert de Clair Wrote:Finaly winuae works properly with your ALA
Great !!!! You finally did it and found the right auto script. I'm really happy.Laugh
Hi Angelscry,

as discussed -> http://pastebin.com/845G5SgV

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:Hi Angelscry,

as discussed -> http://pastebin.com/845G5SgV

cheers,
mad-max

Thank you very much. Your translation will be added on next version.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24