• 186(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Ah, yes that makes complete sense. I forgot that I did assign a drive last time I built XBMC in Dharma. I just did that again and it worked perfectly. Thanks!
Has anyone made a website/scraper for 'apps'? Some place that would have firefox, chrome, etc backgrounds, icons, etc?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:Has anyone made a website/scraper for 'apps'? Some place that would have firefox, chrome, etc backgrounds, icons, etc?
I do not think it exist yet such kind of scraper, but it could be a good idea to try to create one. We need first to found a good website with a good search engine and content for the source. Do you have an idea?
Hey guys, been using xbmc for a while. First time with this add on. I have followed the users guide and setup to launch Eye TV app from a macmini. Set it up as a standalone launch and removed all arguments. The app launches but in the background. The audio comes through as expected but the window is hidden. Is it an argument that I am missing ? Thanks.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

activate Wrote:Hey guys, been using xbmc for a while. First time with this add on. I have followed the users guide and setup to launch Eye TV app from a macmini. Set it up as a standalone launch and removed all arguments. The app launches but in the background. The audio comes through as expected but the window is hidden. Is it an argument that I am missing ? Thanks.
Is it a problem only related with Eye TV or do you have the same problem with other mac applications? As I do not have any Apple system on my side, I cannot reallt help you. Also, for the same reason, Advanced Launcher support for MAC platforms (wiki page, tutorial) is practically null. I would be happy to found some Apple users that could help me too improve the port of Advanced Launcher to Apple systems.
Well, I experimented with Eye tv and Safari. Both are setup as standalone and both behaved similarly.

First XBMC goes from fullscreen to windowed. Then the app opens, also as a window. The return to xbmc doesn't work. On the mac dock, there is a multiple occurrence (icon) of the app instead of multiple windows of the one app.

I will be glad to help as a mac user. Let me know I can do. Below is my setup. Thanks for your help. This add-on would add considerable functionality.

HTPC: Macmini 2011 server.
Other devices: Imac 2008, atv2
Peripherals: AEBS 5th gen, Samsung plasma, Onkyo tx-sr308.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

darkscout Wrote:Has anyone made a website/scraper for 'apps'? Some place that would have firefox, chrome, etc backgrounds, icons, etc?

Hiya Darkscout - try having a look at http://HTBackdrops.com , I've put a heap of Application related widescreen wallpapers in there.

You'll probably have to download them manually of course.
I can not get FCEU to quit. I have the key mapped and "Quit" just exits the game, not the program.
-
DV:
Thanks. I've downloaded a few for my setup.
Code:
darkscout Wrote:I can not get FCEU to quit. I have the key mapped and "Quit" just exits the game, not the program.
-
DV:

Nice, Darkscout, hope you like em. If you find more, upload for others Wink

I found FCEUX a pain.. Nestopia just works. (download the binary file, not the Lang file!)
http://nestopia.sourceforge.net/

You can map your exit button to any key. Very easy to configure.
ArcAnjel Wrote:I'm having a problem where the ROMs will not auto scan over a network. I have two separate XBMC installations and the ROM folder is on a shared folder (full read/write permissions) on one of the computers. On the computer with the folder I can auto scan the ROMs fine, but the other computer always returns with 0 ROMs found. I only noticed this problem since I installed Pre-Eden.

Here is the log where I created a new launcher and tried to auto scan for ROMs:

Any help you can offer is awesome!

Hi ArcAnjel,
I have a similar setup. My emulator .EXE are local (D:\) but my Roms are over the network.

If you want to keep it clean, without needing to add Drives (map network drive ) etc., just edit the launchers.xml and use the network path.,

<rompath>\\Mediacenter\Games\NES\</rompath>

Hope it helps!
activate Wrote:Well, I experimented with Eye tv and Safari. Both are setup as standalone and both behaved similarly.

First XBMC goes from fullscreen to windowed. Then the app opens, also as a window. The return to xbmc doesn't work. On the mac dock, there is a multiple occurrence (icon) of the app instead of multiple windows of the one app.

I will be glad to help as a mac user. Let me know I can do. Below is my setup. Thanks for your help. This add-on would add considerable functionality.

HTPC: Macmini 2011 server.
Other devices: Imac 2008, atv2
Peripherals: AEBS 5th gen, Samsung plasma, Onkyo tx-sr308.
Like I tell you I do not have any Apple system... I have never seen XBMC running on such system... so its not easy for me to help you.

Your window focus/maximize/minimize problem looks similar with what often happen on Windows system. Into XBMC video system settings, do you have an option to "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen". If so, activate it.

Another thing that you can try, and that could help, is to start your applications directly into fullscreen mode using command line parameters and also if it is possible use the same screen resolution for your desktop, XBMC and started application.
Digital Vortex Wrote:Hiya Darkscout - try having a look at http://HTBackdrops.com , I've put a heap of Application related widescreen wallpapers in there.

You'll probably have to download them manually of course.
Advanced Launcher include an HTBackdrops fanart scraper since version 1.6.3, so it could do it also automatically. BTW, if we want to add and use an application data/image scraper, it will be more efficient for files launchers and not really for stand alone launchers.

For stand-alone scrapper scraper seeking is based on the name of the executable file. So for some application it could work perfectly (ex: firefox.exe, chrome.exe, etc...) but for other application will not work at all (ex: start.exe, launcher.exe, etc...)

For files launcher based on .lnk shortcuts, where will be not problem if the shortcut file have the same name as the application.

I need to found a good windows/macos/linux applications database sources with useful information and images. Maybe : http://alternativeto.net/.
darkscout Wrote:I can not get FCEU to quit. I have the key mapped and "Quit" just exits the game, not the program.
-
DV:
Do you have follow the instruction on the WIKI page (http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=FCEUX#Linux) and indicated the right value for the Quit Hotkeys?
Code:
SDL.Hotkeys.Quit = 27
Hey guys, anyone knows any way to add : FIFA 12 and Modern Warfare 3 to Advanced launcher?

FIFA 12 has it's own launcher, so it doesnt go directly to the game.

Whlie Modern Warfare 3 is giving me error..

Thx b4
Angelscry Wrote:Do you have follow the instruction on the WIKI page (http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=FCEUX#Linux) and indicated the right value for the Quit Hotkeys?
Code:
SDL.Hotkeys.Quit = 27

Yep. It "works" but it just exits the game not the whole program for some reason.

I'm thinking of making it launch a script to fire up wminput. Has anyone done this?
Code:
wminput -w -r &
fceux/nestopia
pkill/killall fceux/nestopia

It should fire up wminput. Put it in the background. Launch the NES emulator. When that exits it'll kill wminput.
Code:
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24