Source Configuration Files?
For one reason or another, I cannot keep the 'Run Automated Scan' options enabled on the sources (TV/Movies). Is there a file that will allow me to edit the source's Run Automated Scan setting rather than trying to adjust it in the GUI only to see it disappear when going back in there?

Love the gurus.

-bcboncs
it's not an option, it's just a convenience thing to run it after the dialog closes.
unless you're actually trying to get it to run an automated update on launch which is completely different
My XBMC used to automatically scan for new content but it doesn't anymore... I had to remove the sources and re-add them since I had a problem with CouchPotato but it is fine now but just doesn't auto-scan
I think there's some confusion over what you're trying to do based on the terminology you're using. There are two similarly named functions within XBMC that do two completely different things:

Run Automated Scan
This is a selection option when you add a source. All it does is tell XBMC that you want to scan the source for content immediately rather than manually scanning later. As spiff noted, this is a one time thing. Once this initial scan is complete, this option has no effect (unless you edit the source).

Update Library on Startup
This is a setting option under Video Settings (within the main Settings section). If selected, XBMC will scan all sources for new media every time you launch it.

Based on your description, I think you're trying to enable Update Library on Startup but I could be wrong. If this isn't what you're after, try to explain the effect you want to achieve in more detail.
legio1 Wrote:I think there's some confusion over what you're trying to do based on the terminology you're using. There are two similarly named functions within XBMC that do two completely different things:

Run Automated Scan
This is a selection option when you add a source. All it does is tell XBMC that you want to scan the source for content immediately rather than manually scanning later. As spiff noted, this is a one time thing. Once this initial scan is complete, this option has no effect (unless you edit the source).

Update Library on Startup
This is a setting option under Video Settings (within the main Settings section). If selected, XBMC will scan all sources for new media every time you launch it.

Based on your description, I think you're trying to enable Update Library on Startup but I could be wrong. If this isn't what you're after, try to explain the effect you want to achieve in more detail.

I have Automatically Update Library checkbox checked but it doesn't automatically update the library.

What I am trying to achieve is for XBMC to recognize there is new content then show it in Recently Added Movies or Recently Added TV Shows without having to manually update the library.

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Source Configuration Files?0