Scanning in "movies" that I don't have to my Movies section?
I'm a bit new to the ATV-USB way of XBMC on the ATV - prior to this I had ATVFlash installed on my ATV wich had an older version of XBMC on it (9.11, not an SVN version)

Anyway, I'm having a bit of a problem relating to scanning for new content - it seems to insist on scanning in stuff that isn't there (to the movies library) This problem seems to be that it's scanning in movies that have obscure, number related titles. So far, before I stopped the scan, it scanned in Top Gun, that it should have done, then it carried on scanning and "found" FS2323 (or something like that) '68, 101 - Depeche Mode Live, and a couple other films/items with number related titles.

Now I don't have ANY of those films on my server, nor do I have anything with titles like those on my server or in the movies folder. All I have in the movies folder are 105 films, all in seperate sub folders, all properly titled (so Top Gun folder is title Top Gun, and others would be Training Day, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, etc etc

So I don't know where it is picking these file names from, and why it's adding stuff to the library that isn't there? When I go to that new item it's added, and click on it, it tells me it can't be played, and do I want to remove it.

So why is it adding it in the first place?
Here's a perfect example. Picture one is a film it "found" and added to my movie library. I don't have this film, never even heard of it, on my NAS!

Note the filepath;

Pic 2 is of a film I do have on my NAS, and listed in my Movie library. Note the filepath (it's the same, bar the last folder name of course, of all my other movies I have there)

So where is it getting these films from, and how do I stop it doing it when I want to add new content to the library?
Oops, double post!
It's looking at the "REC 2" folder as you've told it to use foldernames for lookups.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok so I removed the REC 2 folder, and then told it to scan. It's still finding the same films that I don't have (by the way, the Rec 2 folder was titled REC 2 not [REC 2] or [REC] 2)

So it's still scanning and finding films I don't actually have! And I don't know why... Problem being is I can't scan any new films in without it picking up all these ones I don't have!
It'll be due to the exact same reason.

A simple listing of exactly what your filesystem layout is will aid in others helping you.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok, I have a NAS drive, on it are three folders - Info, Share, and TimeMachine. Info is documentation that came on the NAS, Share is the folder where I keep everything, and TimeMachine is reserved for backup (but currently unused so is empty)

Within share is;

Bittorrent
Music
Video
Pictures
Files

Within Video is;

Movies
TV Shows
Other (various video clips, music vids etc)

Within Movies (the directory being scanned in for Movies on XBMC) are 104 folders, all neatly titled with the Movie name, excluding any odd characters (such as [ ] ( ) , . ! ? etc)

Inside each folder is a single video file, in various formats (avi, mkv, mp4, iso, etc) and they are not so neatly titled, but rather titled so I know what they are without having to right click > info (so for example, Top Gun is titled "Top.Gun.1986.720p.BluRay.DTS.mkv)

I tried scanning without using folder names for lookup and it got most things wrong. I changed scraper from TheMovieDB and it found more of my movies (originally it only found 76) but still got them wrong. I changed it to IMDB and it found all 104 movies, and got nearly everyone right (tho it insisted that Terminator 2 was EXterminator 2 for example) and failed to get most thumbnails. It didn't find any "extra's" such as these strange films I've never heard of, as shown above, untill I next booted it from cold, and it scanned on startup.

Interestingly, on XBMC 9.11 it was much better, didn't find any extra's, got 95% of it right, only a few film names wrong and a few thumbnails missing...

I'm just not sure what the file location / path it's using for these non-films it's finding. I don't know what that location is, I can't find it anywhere, and it's not attributed to any source I've added in XBMC, that I can see! Only sources I added are Movies, TV Shows, Video and Share (the last two solely so I can get to video files I upload to my NAS without having to scan them into the TV Shows and Movie libraries...
Actually, to correct myself, there are some folders within the Movies directory that do include '( )' characters - for example - Dawn Of The Dead (2004) and A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

To differentiate between original and remake versions. That seemed to help IMDB find the right info aswell
So what did the "REC 2" folder count as? What other folders do you have in there that are like that one (and also contain movie files)?

Get rid of those and all will be well.

Note that if you're running Dharma, then I'd be highly surprised if you got such a low hitrate from themoviedb, unless you have lots of unusual films, ofcourse.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Sorry, you've lost me - what do you mean what did the Rec 2 folder count as?

Here's how my Movies directory looks;

http://i54.tinypic.com/f44u1.png
http://i52.tinypic.com/s2qmp1.png
http://i55.tinypic.com/2hpkbxk.png

And the inside of one of these folders (as an example)

http://i51.tinypic.com/2h88ra8.png
What should the REC 2 folder have matched to?

Where (on what folder) do you "Set Contents"?
(I wouldn't be surprised if you are scanning a non media folder based on the strange hits you are getting).

What exact scraper options do you select? (the 101 match and filepath stump me, but I guess Jonathan has an explanation for it).
The REC 2 folder contains the movie Rec 2 (titled as REC 2.avi)

The only folders I have set to "Set Content" are the Movie and TV Show folders that I added as using Add Source. Movies is set to "Movies" and scrapes from IMDB; set to scan recursively (as inside the folder Movies are 104 sub folders, as seen in the pic) and Use Folder Names For Lookup, and TV Shows is set to TS Shows, also set to scan recursively.

No other folders or smb shares or sources have set content on them...
Remove the scan recursively on both accounts. (I really don't know how to word this better in the wiki).
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...ng_Scraper
Just tried that. Still finds false items. First one, again, to be found is the Depeche Mode "101" using the filepath "videodb://1/4/1071/19"
Ok, do what you should have done in the beginning, with a fresh library:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66039

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning in "movies" that I don't have to my Movies section?0