Scanning in "movies" that I don't have to my Movies section?
Yes sorry, that I should have done! I've turned debugging to on and am running another movie scan (it's picking up all the false titles as we speak)

How do I get the log off the ATV and into a text file to post on here?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84162
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Just doing it now - here's the pastebin log;

http://pastebin.com/xyvCJ1SW
You have somehow ended up with a "videodb://" file source.
Only possible way that should be able to happen, is that it was done manually.
I would ssh into the ATV and delete the video database file and start again (unless you know a better way to delete this source from your system).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I thought it might be something like that, but I have NO idea how I managed to add a directory or file source I didn't know existed, nor how to navigate to!

How do I remove it as a source? (I'm very very new to the SSH thing, and have no idea what I'm doing!!!)
Can anyone point me in the right direction for cleaning out my database using SSH? I don't know how to do it - took me at least a half hour just to log into the ATV using Terminal to SSH the code for RC1 and CHD drivers!

If someone would be kind enough to just do me a quick step by step of what I need to do and type that would be really nice!!!
Based on my limited *nix skills.
Find the db file:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...bug_log.3F
(Should be something like Userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db)
Given that you are logged in as root, rm MyVideos34.db
You might have to kill XBMC before with something like killall xbmc
OSX experts please correct me.
So, log in as root : I would type "frontrow@appletv.local"
Then to find the db would I just type "Userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db" ?
and to remove it just type "rm MyVideos34.db" ?

Then I can go back into XBMC, add two video source folders (Movies and TV Shows) set their content and scraper, and rescan?
As I have never worked with this platform I cannot be that precise.
My assumptions (which as anyone knows is the mother of all fuckups) is that it is pretty much like Linux.

based on that you would have to cd (change directory) into the correct directory and watch out for casing in the latter part of the pathc which is mine. (I presume OSX is case sensitive like any *nix based environment)
cd /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/database/
Might do the trick
If not step through the directories individually and find out the correct casing.

>cd /Users
>ls -a (to find what is the nexto logical step)

But yes, that is the idea.
Think this is going a little over my head!!!
Why don't you try?
baby steps
login via ssh
cd /Users
cd frontrow
cd database
rm myvideos34.db

If at any point this doesn't work, do an "ls-a" to determine the casing (upper/lower) of the folder or file.
you can even use autocomplete cd [first few letters of directory] and then press tab until you are at the correct place and then enter.
I can't find this MyVideos34.db anywhere, and to be honest I really don't know what I'm looking for, or rather, how to find it. I don't know or understand terminal, or SSH really... I tried looking for it with CyberDuck but couldn't find it there either Sad
Have you been able to navigate to the database directory? That is the key.

Another thing, if you go to Videos in XBMC, switch off Library mode, (left pane, untick "Library Mode" in the standard Confluence skin) what sources do you see listed?
Video's wasn't in Library mode anyway (I keep that so it has a list) and the only sources there are Movies, TV Shows, Share, and Videos - Movies and TV Shows being the only two that have "set content" and scrapers listed for. The other two, Share and Videos, were both excluded from scans, so only Movies and TV Shows were scanned at any time.

I wasn't able to find the database directory using Terminal or CyberDuck, but I was able to get to it using WinSCP in XP - found the MyVideos34.db and deleted it, rebooted the ATV, launched XBMC and all movies and tv shows had been removed, and the Movies and TV Shows sources in Videos had had their source level reset - so I re enabled them (movies set for movies, imdb scraper, tv shows set for tv shows, TheTVdb scraper) and rescanned.

It found all 105 movies in my Movies folder, got a few wrong (had to edit a couple titles, change some thumbs, and refresh some of the movie data to get the right film. TV Shows scanned flawlessly (tho I changed a couple of the series thumbs to my personal liking)

I rescanned after it had done everything, and it didn't find anything else. Last time, it was at this point it found all the "number" movies I don't actually have! So hopefully, after it's next reboot (I turn it all off at the mains overnight) it will carry on as it is now, and the previous problem won't reoccur...

The only difference I made this time, when setting up the Set Content settings in Movies, was I left Scan Recursively and Use Folder Names for Lookup both unticked...

We shall see I guess!!!
Shouldn't you be able to delete sources via the XBMC interface itself? Or does it not appear in the sources list?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning in "movies" that I don't have to my Movies section?0