Jerky playback
I am going crazy trying to figure out why this is happening.

Whenever I try and playback a 1080P MKV file, the playback is jerky, but it is only jerky in XBMC. If I play it with Windows Media Player, it plays back smooth as butter.

First, I have enabled DVXA2 support and I know my on-board video supports it (Core i3). I also have made sure no post-processing is enabled.

So next I thought maybe it was a transfer rate problem, but after seeing that I was copying a file over the line at 55 MB a second, that didn't seem to be a problem either, but I still tried playback locally and exact same jerky playback.

I have watched the info on the screen and it only shows 5 frames dropped and I think that is right at the onset of the video playback.

I am running RC1 right now and have been able to reproduce this on earlier versions too. Do you guys have ANY ideas on how to fix this or why it is happening?!
From beta 1,2,3,4 and now in RC1 I Have annoying problem with video playback.
Watch divx files is impossible: jerkly in each scene, for all time. Watching vfw h264's files, better, but randomly for more second all jerkly, without a sense. I have played same file on Windows Media Center and I have no problem. The problem is serious for a player (on the the principal goal). I have a Zotac with Ion technlogy and windows 7 64bit. For scruple I have tested too the live version, same problems.
Try disabling aero (at xbmc shortcut properties), and turn off "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option in xbmc
lash78 Wrote:Try disabling aero (at xbmc shortcut properties), and turn off "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option in xbmc

I have try it from times, in my case don't resolve the problems!
I'll try disabling Aero, but I have it set to do full screen, not windowed full screen.

Also, I was able to verify that it is jerky at the same points on another computer. It isn't jerky at all on the second computer when playing it back in windows media player.
Strange! Or no one have this problem, or most people use an older version of xbmc. This is, in my opinion, the best mediaplayer, but if don't play video file correctly, probably is the moment of change the core player. In my machine Ion based, MS Media center and Mediaportal play correctly my video files, xbmc fail.
I have try all combination of setting discuss in this forum, and xvid play jerky all time and h264 play jerky randomly.
but you all forgot the most important thing.. debug log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:but you all forgot the most important thing.. debug log

Debug log don't resolve this thing. I have make some test and I have find a idea to investigate the problem, in fact I've see that Kmplayer have the same problem and I resolved setting the program to use external (aka systems) drivers for DivX/xviD files. Now, the real thing is that unable to chose what driver use to play, probably a constraint of the core player of xbmc, because MS media center play corretly and mediaportal too!

Is possible say to the core player of xbmc which driver use (not external program)?
Sorry, but there's a really good chance that the debug log will show why playback is jerky, without a debug log you can only guess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky playback0