ListItem.SortLetter - again right to left languages
Is there any way to get ListItem.SortLetter to work with right to left languages?
it's working now but showing the last letter instead of first, kinda making it worthless.
A patch to fix this would be welcome - it may not necessarily be trivial, however, I'm not 100% sure. I'm assuming the sorting is working as desired? If so, we can't just do a bidi flip on the sort string, otherwise the sorting will be "reversed". Thus, we'd have to know when to take the first and when to take the last letter. It's my understanding that this is non-trivial (i.e. you have to actually use the bidi logic to do so - it's not just a matter of ALWAYS take the last).

If the sorting is also "wrong" then it's an easy fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

wow, i have absolutely no idea what you talking about.
just started to get my way around skinning, but this is to much for me.
Hope someone who understand it and need this option will take on this.
Well, you can start by stating whether or not things order correctly in the sorting. Does the sort order make sense? As I'm fairly sure that that's done using the same code as the sortletter stuff (i.e. it'll sort by first letter)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yeah when sorting by name the order work great.
when all English titles done it's start the Hebrew item in the order they should appear.

if item have more then one word it will show the last letter from all of the words. make it look like it's just showing the most left letter for both English and Hebrew..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem.SortLetter - again right to left languages0