[Testing wanted] Skin "Shade" for Eden
Hello!, I'd like a few of you to test this skin for bugs before I try to get it on the official repo for Eden. Its basically an updates of the skin Shade, done by igotdvds and djenglin. I've asked permission from igotdvds before beginning this updates.

I've reworked the Home screen (for Featured and Recently added items of Episodes, Movies and Music), updated the "inner" code to comply with Eden, added some new views taken from Simplicity and changed the defaults backgrounds.

ACTUAL VERSION IS 2.6.2

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Changelog

It will be really appreciated! I want to get rid of all remaining bugs. Suggestions are most welcomed! Smile

SCREENSHOTS
screenshot039 par Borghor, sur Flickr

screenshot047 par Borghor, sur Flickr

screenshot043 par Borghor, sur Flickr

Music par Borghor, sur Flickr

When you focus on a Featured items or recently added episodes or movies, the top bar disappear and show further information on the item and loads the Fanart:
screenshot049 par Borghor, sur Flickr

screenshot000 par Borghor, sur Flickr

screenshot011 par Borghor, sur Flickr

screenshot013 par Borghor, sur Flickr

screenshot008 par Borghor, sur Flickr

screenshot009 par Borghor, sur Flickr
ok mate been giving your skin a try and so far i like it well done, couple of things i would like to see change if possible

1.when you go into a boxset or tv season or epsiode your always on the not available tab could it not highlight the first film or season instead?

2.when in certain views in movies (poster i think but mainly the ones with the poster and disk) the scrolling seem alittle slugish.

Hope you understand what im trying to say lol and keep up the good work mate
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Hello, thanks for your comments!

About no. 1, I'm not sure it's possible. By looking at other skins, the behavior seems identical (first item being "go to root" and not the 1st episodes, 1st Movie or 1st TV shows)

About no 2. I've improved the navigation of Poster View, thanks to your feedback. It's now much more smooth. However, for the "Welo View", which also contain poster/disc, there is so much images being loaded that it's slugish, though there is some improvement. However, I don't plan to improve much the Welo view, as people interested in this view should consider the upcoming "Welo" skin developed by liquidskin76. This view is only provided here as a candy (it was previously hidden in a secret view).

You're welcome to provide more feedback Smile Thanks again!

edit - Found out that what is slowing down the scrolling in Welo view is related to the disc. So maybe I'll just dump the discs by default and add an option if people want them.
Ok Balinus will suggest and report more when ive had more time with it only d/l it yesterday but liking the look and feel Smile
oh just one more thing whilst i remember i know i few other skins do this aswell that ive tried but again when chooseing the episode view or boxset view you have to do the change for separately for every tv show / boxset in your collection in other words changing it in one doesn't change it for them all as a default could anything be done with this or is it a xbmc issue? again many thanks
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Great!

About the episodes and boxset view, I think it is hardcoded in XBMC. Previously, I think in Dharma, you couldn't set different view for separate TV shows. All shows had the same chosen view... in Eden, they have changed it so that you can set every TV shows and boxset with a different view. So, an additional customisation for the users.

I'll see if there's a setting that could "force" all views to be the same. But I doubt it!
Updated the version to 2.5.2. See 1st post (or signature) for download links!
(2012-04-08, 16:37)wints Wrote: ok mate been giving your skin a try and so far i like it well done, couple of things i would like to see change if possible

1.when you go into a boxset or tv season or epsiode your always on the not available tab could it not highlight the first film or season instead?

2.when in certain views in movies (poster i think but mainly the ones with the poster and disk) the scrolling seem alittle slugish.

In settings, appearance select "Remove Parent Directory". That should get rid of "not available" tab.

Trying out the skin now. So far looks nice! Will get back after testing a little more.
(2012-04-24, 05:06)Joeforsale Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 16:37)wints Wrote: ok mate been giving your skin a try and so far i like it well done, couple of things i would like to see change if possible

In settings, appearance select "Remove Parent Directory". That should get rid of "not available" tab.

Trying out the skin now. So far looks nice! Will get back after testing a little more.
Cheers mate stumbled upon that the other day Wink

Just a note to tell you that we are at version 2.6.2. Download info in 1st post!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Testing wanted] Skin "Shade" for Eden2