Crystal HD Problems - Black Screen?
I'm using a Crystal HD on my barebones Mini-ITX comp and it plays SD files, but when I go to play 720 or 1080 files it seems to default to the minimized "now playing" widget, and then when I try to go see the video using the OSD or visualization button- the screen is black and XBMC freezes.

The 'Use Crystal HD' option is selected in the settings- is there something else I need to enable to use the Crystal HD?

I'm using Dharma Beta 2... Do I need to update?
brendch06 Wrote:I'm using a Crystal HD on my barebones Mini-ITX comp and it plays SD files, but when I go to play 720 or 1080 files it seems to default to the minimized "now playing" widget, and then when I try to go see the video using the OSD or visualization button- the screen is black and XBMC freezes.

The 'Use Crystal HD' option is selected in the settings- is there something else I need to enable to use the Crystal HD?

I'm using Dharma Beta 2... Do I need to update?

Same problem here...with beta 2,3,4 and even RC1. I have Crystal HD BCM970015, if i use last drivers from Broadcom (3.5.0) i have the same issue as your, if i use 3.3.0 i still don't have video, but Xbmc doesn't crash. Posted log and everything, updated directx, but still nothing. No
I actually just updated to Dharma Beta 3 and it doesn't seem to fix this issue.

Anyone know what's wrong here?
Sorry for double post- but got some more information on this:

It seems my that only files encoded with H.264 are being effected. All DIVX, Flash and AVI files are working fine- no matter what size. Even small SD H.264 files won't play now.

Here's my specs:

Intel Mini-ITX (johnstown motherboard)
2 GB ram
Windows XP
Broadcom Crystal HD installed
Dharma Beta 3

Any help here?
i am also experiencing this problem, but i have almost given up on a solution... my amateur guess is that the crystal card is having some sort of problem with my Intel graphics solution.. (core i3 with intel HD graphics)
I know that there used to be issues on XP- Would it help if I upgraded to Windows 7?
i'm on win 7 x64 and still having this problem...

but i want to point out that i'm just speculating freely based om MY experiences
What version of XBMC are you running?
r35365. it have never worked for me, i bought the crystal HD before the dxva2 were good enough and believed it would solve my 1080 problems (right before beta1 i think) and now i realy don't have any use for it in xbmc (but i test every time i update to see if its working) but it works like a charm in other players.
So H.264 doesn't work with Crystal HD? Is this across the board? I know I can get it to work outside of XBMC... Is there no update coming out to remedy this? Seems like a pretty huge issue...
Any updates on this. I have this on winxp with the final 10.0
I seem to have this issue as well. I have been running a Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.6Ghz for a while and have just swapped out the wifi for a crystal HD BCM70015. As said by others with Crystal HD decoding enabled I can still open standard definition files I think these are divx/xvid in avi containers. But when I try HD mkv's the audio plays and it looks like the video is minimized but when you maximize it is a black screen. Sometimes it crashes out XBMC.

I can open the files with crystal HD disabled and it works although obviously a little choppy.

I am running it on Windows 7 x86 with XBMC 10.0
For anyone interested I have posted a bug report on xbmc trac http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11141 so we should see if they can work out what is happening from the log
Hi there.
Getting the identical problem.

XBMC Version 10.0 35647
Windows Home Server (Server 2003)
Broadcom BCM970015 Adapter

Trying to play an mkv h264, yuv420p 1280x720 episode of House.
The file plays with WMP with no problem (using the Broadcom).
Audio plays for around 15-20 seconds and then XBMC freezes.

My Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/cyjUFBEL
Hi everybody.

Same problem as rest of the people.

XBMC Dharma 10.0
Windows XP Home Edition
Eeebox B202, 2GB Ram
Broadcom BCM970015 with latest drivers, 3.50

I can manage 720p videos with XBMC (Crystal HD enabled), but same problems as related here with 1080p videos: blank screen, 5-6 seconds of audio an then XBMC crash.

No problems using MPC-HC or KMplayer or DSPlayer with 1080p videos.

Anybody have the solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD Problems - Black Screen?0