Crystal HD Problems - Black Screen?
Hi everybody!
Any advance with this problem guys?
Hi,

I'm also having problems with a Broadcom BCM970012 under Windows 7 64 bit.

Solutions so far:
-Installed DirectX(can play 720 movies now with MpcStar, no black screen)
-Added bcmDIL.dll to xbmc, can play 720p movies now!
-->program files>xbmc>system>players>dvdplayer>

My HTPC still seems to lag sometimes when watching 720p rips of The Event, especially when they're is a lot action going on. House plays fine :confused2:

Has anyone tried unofficial OpenGL versions of Xbmc instead of the official stable DirectX version?

My HTPC Specs:
-Intel D510mo dual core Atom 1.66ghz
-2gb ddr2 800mhz
-1tb Hitachi Deskstar(it was free!)Laugh
-Broadcom Crystal HD BCM970012
-Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate
same exact problem. black screen.
Could at least a developer tell us something? I'm stuck using an old release of XBMC on my girlfriend netbook. And I bought CrystalHD specifically after reading the great announcement here... Sad
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
CrystalHD on win32 isn't maintained currently. I have a BCM970012 on an old WinXP but I'm lost on video processing so not a good help.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:CrystalHD on win32 isn't maintain currently.
No developer maintaining it, is that what you mean? Oo
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:No developer maintaining it, is that what you mean? Oo

True for win32. CrystalP would be a good candidate but afaik he hasn't a chd and is MIA.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sad 
WiSo Wrote:True for win32. CrystalP would be a good candidate but afaik he hasn't a chd and is MIA.

It's very sad there is no developer working on this. On my setup the CrystalHD is the only way to play FullHD files as DXVA2 doesn't work for me. The only way ATM is to set MPC-HC as external player which uses the CHD fine. But this is a major breach in the overall XBMC look and feel experience. Sad
WiSo Wrote:CrystalHD on win32 isn't maintained currently. I have a BCM970012 on an old WinXP but I'm lost on video processing so not a good help.
wtf lol... there was a big media release when these cards were released, now the developers aren't supporting them? Eek
crystalhd changed to use NV12 or YUY2 for windows platform.
Was that a hardware or software change?
Software change: see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/d7ea...a5af06687b

JR
So the change made compatibility worse rather then better?
Hey everyone;

Has there not been a fix for this yet? I just received my Crystal HD card today, and am getting the same black screen/no video issue as everyone else here.

EDIT:

Here is a logfile of what happens when I attempt to load a 720p or 1080p mkv file on XBMC with Crystal HD enabled.

http://pastebin.com/01Y6yKiX
Hey Winterreise, any luck getting it working yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD Problems - Black Screen?0