Crystal HD Problems - Black Screen?
No luck at all, unfortunately, and I have no idea who to contact.
Hi,

bcm70012 can do nv12 (420), yuy2 (422) and uyvy (422)
bcm70015 can do only yuy2 (422)

Compile XBMC Win32 with
Quote:#define HAVE_LIBCRYSTALHD 2 /*default is 1*/

The bcm70015 will be detected and will set ouput to yuy2... this will may fix the BlackScreen problem.

Cheers,
GeminiServer
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well I new to XBMC but not new to computers. My current setup is the following.

~Specs~
Win7 64bit Ultimate

Athlon X2 5000+ BE "Brisbane" @ 2.6Ghz
2Gb DDR2-800 Soon to be 4Gb
MSI Fuzzy 690T ITX Mobo
ATi X1250 iGPU w/ HDMI
Crystal HD 15
OCZ 30Gb SSD
WDC 2Tb GE HDD

LG 42LV3500 TV

The whole HTPC/Media Server is connected to the TV with HDMI. Everything runs great. Flash is now smooth, HD content runs great in everything but XBMC. XBMC did run HD content choppy until I installed my Crystal HD 15. Now all I get is audio and blank black screen? I have done some searching and apparently I'm better off putting Ubuntu on and running it instead? Any ideas?
@Foolee: I believe the bcm70015 won't work with XBMC v10.1, though it does work or at least will work soon with the nightly builds (from mirrors.xbmc.org).

JR
That would explain it, I guess I have to wait for 10.2. I went with the BCM10015 because its the better card lol. It seems to work in everything else? So is there a benchmark that tells you how much of what is being used?
jhsrennie Wrote:@Foolee: I believe the bcm70015 won't work with XBMC v10.1, though it does work or at least will work soon with the nightly builds (from mirrors.xbmc.org).

JR

Anything new on this?

I have tested multiple nightly builds after reading this thread and trac ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11141 (XBMCSetup-20110926-6c08a58-master.exe being the latest), but none have seem to have any effect to the issue at hand (no video when playing stuff while Crystal HD is enabled). Based on this thread and that trac ticket I was left in the conclusion that this issue (or issues) were fixed in the XBMC repository and would be part of masters.

I have BCM970015 and I am running XBMC on 64-bit Windows 7 Enterprise with latest drivers (Broadcom Crystal HD driverpack version 3.5.0). Other changes in XBMC properties or different versions of Crystal HD driver have no effect either. If you need to test something I can happily offer testing/debug results since my setup is currently mainly for testing purposes.
I compiled sources and tried to debug it. Unfortunately I have not enough time to spend on this. And no knowledge on CrystalHD API (where I can grab documentation?).

Anyway, most of files I tested were detected as CRYSTALHD_CODEC_ID_AVC1 and with them in CMPCOutputThread:Tonguerocess decoder_status.ReadyListCount was always 0 and we don’t go to GetDecoderOutput().

Strangely the only Blu-Ray remux I tested was detected as CRYSTALHD_CODEC_ID_H264 and decoder_status.ReadyListCount became to grow but in CMPCOutputThread::GetDecoderOutput after first m_dll->DtsProcOutputNoCopy I got BCM::BC_STS_FMT_CHANGE result and after this I only tested there is no video visible because it was too late and I was tired.

I can try to further debug it when I will have time if somebody from development team can point me to right direction.
can you tell which chd API is being used ?
I use latest broadcom windows driver pack 3.5.0. Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.
I'm pretty sure that's not the information davilla was looking for.
Could you check in CCrystalHD::CCrystalHD() that:
- m_new_lib is set to true on line 1081
- m_has_bcm70015 is set to true on line 1091 (assuming you have the model 15)
I don't know if dumping the version numbers bc_info_crystal (same line) would help.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Yes, m_new_lib == true, m_has_bcm70015 == true

bc_info_crystal
device 1
dilVersion {dilRelease=3 dilMajor=15 dilMinor=0 ...
drvVersion {drvRelease=3 drvMajor=7 drvMinor=20 ...}
fwVersion {fwRelease=3 fwMajor=60 fwMinor=41 ...}
Reserved1 32260955
Reserved2 168
I would try simple test files before anything else. Apple movies trailers (mov) are good for testing. They are h264 and tend to be very easy one the system in general.
You can also try a Windows GL build. The problem may be in the Direct X part of the code.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Where abouts exactly is this value to change?

I would really like to get this working if possible

GeminiServer Wrote:Hi,

bcm70012 can do nv12 (420), yuy2 (422) and uyvy (422)
bcm70015 can do only yuy2 (422)

Compile XBMC Win32 with

The bcm70015 will be detected and will set ouput to yuy2... this will may fix the BlackScreen problem.

Cheers,
GeminiServer

Thanks
That change is already in the nightly releases but it's not enough.
To move forward we need a user with a bcm70015 who can build XBMC and is not afraid of poking a bit at code, so that we can try to remote-debug what's happening.
Unfortunately avdim seems to have disappeared.

Or a regular user, please try a GL build. Unofficial builds can be found here http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD Problems - Black Screen?0