Crystal HD Problems - Black Screen?
Thanks for the info.

I tried the suggested GL builds to no avail. 1080p MKVs still gives me a black screen and even standard definition is awful quality.

guess its just a waiting game then.
I have the same issue on my HTPC. The blank screen with MKV 720p/1080p movies.

Here it is my configuration: Intel D510MO/BCM70012 (driver 3.50)/2GB RAM/1Tb HDD/Windows 7 x32
With "Media Player Clasic - Home Cinema" all these movies are fine.

With latest XBMC night build some of the problem movies can be opened normally but then after second attempt I get blank screen issue again.

I have checked the latest GL build but the issue is still here.
Also I have played with Crystal HD drivers and tried previouse one (version 3.30) but the isuues is reproducible with this driver as well.

From the release notes of Crystal HD drivers (3.50) I have found the following component changes:
* Added support for multiple applications to use the HW one after the other, without closing the first application

Is it possible that this can be a root cause of the issue? Maybe on Windows XBMC there are two or more components which are trying to use HW acceleration for their reasons and they are conflicting.
Finally I have rolled back to original XBMC 10.1 and all movies are running without black screen.
But with this release some of 720p movies are running choppy in XBMC. At the same time 1080p is fine.
The same 720p movies are playing smooth as expected in Media Player Classic.
Interesting, this is not the same situation as the other posters. For the 70012 card the main difference between Dharma and Eden is that the color conversion is part software/hardware or purely hardware. It would be interesting if you could build an xbmc with a few slight changes and we could explore that.

But first of all, a couple debug logs with Eden please. There could be something obvious.
One where you play a movie that fails all the time.
One with the two tries to play a movie that works the first time and not the second.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Please find in attachments the debug log files for both cases:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/w4n5t2

I have installed the latest XBMC night build XBMCSetup-20111106-c68ef0b-master.exe and the behaviour changed again. The bad files (that fails all the time) at the first attempt sometime try to use DXVA acceleration and start but choppy. On the second attempt they open as black screen.
Thanks. There are a couple "interesting" things in your log. Can you upload a short sample of a file that plays the first time and not the second?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
I have created a sample file. Please find the example here http://www.sendspace.com/file/79wx54
sample works fine under osx/bcm70015.

I suggest commenting out the try/catch in

CDVDFactoryCodec::OpenCodec(CDVDVideoCodec* pCodec, CDVDStreamInfo &hints, CDVDCodecOptions &options )

then maybe we can get a backtrace as to why the 1st try trips an exception.
Finally to solve the issue I have made an upgrade of my MoBo Intel D510MO to ASRock E350M1/USB3 with AMD Zacate platform.
The problem with Black Screen and lags has been solved for me by this way. Smile
I'm enjoying the XBMC with my new HTPC platform.
Everyone else that didn't buy a new motherboard is still having this problem I gather? I know I am. I have the newer bcm70015 chip in a laptop with Win 7 x64 and Broadcom 3.5 x64 drivers installed. Is there anything I can do to help debug?
We need someone who can build xbmc and make small changes (under supervision) to understand what's happening and hopefully find a fix.
I am a scripter by trade but have written .Net, java, perl, sql, c# etc. I am not a super coder by any means but I should be able to follow instructions. What is XBMC written in so I can get the requisite tools installed? PM me instructions if you can.
Hi,
I have been looking through the forums and I am thinking of buying a Broadcom Crystal HD (bcm970015) for my old Asus EEE Box B202. Do you have any experience with that? I don't mind running XBMC under Windows or Linux.
Best,
deradam
(sorry if a bit off-topic)
This thread is to try to determine and hopefully resolve a problem with the bcm970015. Use your own judgement based on this and what you've read in other posts on whether you want to go buy one right now. If you still can't make up your mind and would like to seek advice, please start your own thread.
CrystalP, were you working with someone, or can I be of assistance?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD Problems - Black Screen?0