[MOD] New Viewtype and Logo mod
No problem at all, I appreciate people taking the time to read my ramblings, even if lately they seem to be about banner and landscape.jpg support, but gotta start somewhere Smile

Doesn't change the fact that is a great looking view! If I can stumble my way through modding the file and adding landscape support, I'll make sure to share it Smile
Rygrath Wrote:Think I can help you there.

Settings > Appearance > File Lists > "Show parent folder items" Uncheck that. Removes the "go up" arrows from everywhere I believe.

mcborzu Wrote:Yea thats the only way, a skin can't control that...

Aha... i now that setting but i thought i can be done by coding only for this viewtype. Didn't now that a skin can't control that. Well.... we can't have all that we want in this life !!!. Thanks both of you.

mcborzu.... any help/guidance about the animation ??

Cheers
Nessus
Rygrath Wrote:Sorry, thought landscape.jpg was pretty well known by now. Yes it is another image file. They are close to the ratio that your screen shot shows (356x200 is the standard size). But instead of using the logo.png on top of the fanart, you simply use a landscape.jpg. No resizing of fanart images needed.

http://www.xbmcstuff.com has a huge collection of many tv shows with landscape art. Ember Media Manager can even scrape them along with the clear art with the xbmcstuff module they have. Works a treat.

Think it was made for Aeon initially but a few more skins like Alaska Revisited and Night are using them. There's even a thread on here discussing it. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84800

Basically it just gives users more freedom in choosing a view type for them and gives skinners some freedom coming up with viewtypes to use them as well. Landscape.jpg, banner.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, folder/poster.jpg. Those would be the extent of image files for view types, not that bad really.

Apologies for being long winded about something simple. I'm just a big supporter of using these various view type image files when it seems appropriate.

I just really like the look of that screen shot and figured it'd be a good place for a landscape image is all. I really should learn how to code so I can mod these little things Smile

did you <ee my logo downloader script ?
and before my xbmcstuff downloader plugin?
Yes sir! Love both the script and the Ember plugin a lot. Since I do all my media managing with Ember I cannot begin to tell you how much a time saver that plugin is.

One thing I've been meaning to ask you, xbmcstuff.com has season images in a landscape view, I believe for the Aeon Multiplex view. And they sure do look cool. Though I think Aeon is the only skin out there that uses landscape season art.

Does your plugin or script have the ability to save those landscape season arts as landscape.jpg in the season folder? Then again, don't think any of the skins would even have that option, or the ability to add it. Season fanart is already pretty rare amongst the skins. So, the question might already be moot.

One other question regarding the plugin. Right now with Ember when I scrape a new show I first download the wide poster first. Rename that from folder.jpg to banner.jpg. Then go back and pull the poster separately which is then saved as folder.jpg. Your script seems to download the banner and poster and names them correctly. Any way of getting the Ember plugin to handle banners? It's a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask Smile
for season, i know, but doesn't find the way to integrate it, if you have an idea, please tell Wink
yes my script allow to download logo.png, clearart.png, landscape.jpg and banner.jpg, don't know for ember, you'll have to ask the author
Ah sorry there ppic, for some reason I thought you were the author of that particular plugin for Ember Smile
starcitysecrets Wrote:only problem I have with this mod is the fact that when I choose a TV show, it'll have to switch to another view to go to seasons, and then back to panels again. I think it would be much smoother and even better looking to have the Seasons view similar to the movie 'posters' view.

kinda like this (cheap mockup btw)

it would probably also be convenient to have the choice of posters for the first view instead of fanart panels, as loading fanart simultaneously especially on something like an ION system is a bit jaggy, maybe its just me.

I've pretty much given up on this. I hate to admit it, but I have zero clue as to what I'm doing. Hopefully someone who does know can and will do it!
zepfan Wrote:I've pretty much given up on this. I hate to admit it, but I have zero clue as to what I'm doing. Hopefully someone who does know can and will do it!

You need to add or remove the visible conditions for Seasons before they will show.

Can't really remember off the top of my head if I added then, will need to look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] New Viewtype and Logo mod0