Shape Remote-MCE Remote keys mapping
Hi there,

I am using Shape remote, and I want to use key "record" (or anything else, dvd menu, live tv, no matter) to go to fullscreen (tab on keyboard).I tried to map button "DVD menu" to "tab" in MCERemote, than restart, and its not working, only small popup appears saying "MCE Remote-DVD menu button pressed".

Any chance to make it work..Huh Any chance to map "tab" to some uselless button..Huh

Thanks
You can edit the registry to have a key send tab. I edited mine to have a key send alt-f4
Diwiak Wrote:Hi there,

I am using Shape remote, and I want to use key "record" (or anything else, dvd menu, live tv, no matter) to go to fullscreen (tab on keyboard).I tried to map button "DVD menu" to "tab" in MCERemote, than restart, and its not working, only small popup appears saying "MCE Remote-DVD menu button pressed".

Any chance to make it work..Huh Any chance to map "tab" to some uselless button..Huh

Thanks

see section 2 in my thread, link in sig. Smile

cheers,
EG.
I would guess that the Shape remote is not fully Microsoft compatible so the key config isn't having any effect. Open Device Manager and look under the Human Interface Devices section. If the remote is MS compatible you'll see a device called Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver (or something like that).

However you can still make the DVD menu button do what you want. If you're using the latest version of MCERemote, v1.1.15, go into the settings, and in the Misc section enable the "Install/update keymap editor" setting and click OK. Now select the "Edit keyboard.xml" option and you'll be prompted to download the keymap editor. Answer "Yes", and then answer "Yes" when prompted to create a new keyboard.xml file (sorry for all the prompts, but you only get them the first time).

When the keymap edior opens select Detect Keypress from the Keymap menu, then press the button on the remote and a dialog should pop up with the keypress details. Change the action to whatever you want (Fullscreen in this case) and click OK then close the editor and answer yes to save the changes.

The changes only take effect when XBMC starts, so you need to close XBMC then open it again for your key mappings to work.

JR
this is pretty simple and really works!!! thanks.

1more thing- how to map 'power' key to suspend pc(it now closing apps), and, how map bacsklash (toggle fullscr., could be alt+enter too) to 'guide' button on remote..?? cant see any possible action in MCE Remote

iz there any way to wake up pc from hybrid sleep by mce remote?? ('sleep' button on wireless keyboard works)

and! no, its not ehome infrared transceiver, its just hid device - i think shape remote is just emulating keyboard presses and i need to change them

please see my next thread.. thanks!!!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85923

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shape Remote-MCE Remote keys mapping0