Swapping between movie versions
Hi, guys.

Is there a way to swap between movie versions on the same file, like the edition function on ffdshow?

Thanks for any help.

Regards
hmmm, not sure if I understand you. By version do you mean like having the special edition and theatrical edition, directs cut, or extended edition of a movie?

For Star Wars, I have the theatrical and special editions of all 3 movies, and the files are titled like "Movie Name (original)" or "Movie Name (Special Edition)"

Because of the (original) or (special edition) in the title, they won't scrape automatically, so first, I manually refresh the movie information for all of the originals. Then, once those are in the library, I manually edit the title in the library to show (Original) next to the title.

I then do the same thing for all of the special editions. While you are refreshing movie information, you can also change the art to be different for the two versions.

Hope this helps
I think the OP is talking about the "branching feature" off the matroska container.

XBMC does not currently

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41306
Yes, that's it: "branching feature". I didn't know the jargo.

So I read the post you pointed and it seems xbmc won't do that for now, at least.

Thanks for your fast replies.

But that would be a great feature on xbmc. I wonder how to make subtitles work on this files.

For instance, I have "Avatar.3in1.1080p.BluRay.x264-Grond.mkv" and imagine having all three versions on different files... It would consume more than 50Gb on your HDD...

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed so this function will be implemented in a near future.

Best regards for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Swapping between movie versions0