"shortcut" icons for dvd folders
i'd also like to see an easy solution to this (other then compacting the entire dvd file structure into a single iso).

i store my dvds in native format (ifo & vob) on a hard drive with a folder structure with the name of each movie being the folder name.
i'd like to ask for an addition to xbmc to have xbmc scan a folder and automatically create a "shortcut" icon for each dvd folder.

then we would not need to navigate the files themselves to start the movie... this would really help with allowing children and guests of your home to be able to navigate and start movies.

please let me know if this is a planned feature or if there is an existing way to do this?

what do you all think about this feature suggestion?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
personally, i think the use of dvd iso or img files is more convient, but...

i see this as something possible once the new dvd core is in xbmc.  i'm thinking that what we could do is automatically open up a video_ts.ifo and/or video_ts/video_ts.ifo file if you press play on a folder name in my videos.  and if there isnt such a file, it'll go into normal operation which is to queue up the entire contents of the folder.

also, i'm not sure how the existing scan mechanism deals with native dvd directory structures. if you've tried this already, let us know of the results.  this may be something that can be retrofitted to account for such things.  if the scan worked correctly, you could then use the title database view to luanch a dvd movie without having to go to the ifo file.

and if you had something else in mind, please elaborate how you would expect something like this to work.  give some detailed examples.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i would like to see an "autorun" feature on a per folder basis.  for example in the xboxmediacenter.xml file be able to say if i click on "x" folder and you see "y" file launch the default application that controls that file.

Quote:<autorun>
  <folder>f:\videos</folder>
  <file>video_ts.ifo</file>
</autorun>

"f:\videos" would mean only that folder and not sub folders while "f:\videos\" would mean all sub folders also.  it would be nice to be able to say "f:\videos;f:\movies" and "video_ts.ifo;movie.m3u"  obviously i would like to be able to use smb shares for the folder name.

being able to put a python scipt name for "file" could lead to things like: go play these random, or specific, movie trailers then come back and play the movie.

i personally like the imdb lookup option, but i have no use for it.  i mainly want to be able to click once on the folder and play the video_ts.ifo file in the folder without having to click on the file inside the folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"shortcut" icons for dvd folders0