Alaska Skin Question!
Hey All,

First of all a BIG "THANK YOU" to the guy/s who created the original Alaska skin.

Last night I tried this skin on my dedicated HTPC on my 60" LG Plasma and I instintly fell in love with the simplicity and clean look ..

I used to use confluence and I have noticed a few things which I used to get when using confluence that I can not seem to work out how to get on the Alaska skin.. Would be greatfull if you guys could help. Please see below what I am missing and need help with to get this on my Alaska skin.. Thank you in advance:

1 - Apple Movie Trailers ADD ON is missing and I don't know where and how to get it.

2 - When I add new movie in confluenece it used to show me "recently added" movies but I cant seem to see it here in Alaska?

3 - I have 496 movies and in confluence it actually shows total movies as 496 but in alaska it keeps showing 490 movies .. what happened to the other 6? Why isn't that being displayed?

PS: I am using the XBMC Dharma RC1

Thank you and look forward in hearing from you guys... Wink
1 - Apple Movie Trailers ADD ON is missing and I don't know where and how to get it.
'Videos' > Scroll down to 'Video Add-ons'

Or, if you're using Revisited, you can add it to the 'Movies' submenu through the Alaska settings.

2 - When I add new movie in confluenece it used to show me "recently added" movies but I cant seem to see it here in Alaska?
'Movies' > either scroll Up through the 'Latest Added' movies or scroll down to 'New Movies'.

3 - I have 496 movies and in confluence it actually shows total movies as 496 but in alaska it keeps showing 490 movies .. what happened to the other 6? Why isn't that being displayed?
Seeing all skin are using data from XBMC there can't be any difference between the two figures unless you've either 'Hidden' those 6 'Watched' movies or one total is from File Mode and the other is from the Library and XBMC didn't scan 6 of them.
Hitcher Wrote:1 - Apple Movie Trailers ADD ON is missing and I don't know where and how to get it.
'Videos' > Scroll down to 'Video Add-ons'

Or, if you're using Revisited, you can add it to the 'Movies' submenu through the Alaska settings.

'Movies' > either scroll Up through the 'Latest Added' movies or scroll down to 'New Movies'.

Seeing all skin are using data from XBMC there can't be any difference between the two figures unless you've either 'Hidden' those 6 'Watched' movies or one total is from File Mode and the other is from the Library and XBMC didn't scan 6 of them.

Thanks for the response.. I am pretty sure I looked good and hard under video Ad-ons and did not find Apple Trailers unless its called something else but I will look again Smile if unsuccessfull is there a manual way to download and add it?

Also whats better about Alaska revisited? I like the Home 3 view in Alaska.. its a shame its not it the revisited edition!

PS: Just a quick one.. as you may be able to answer this for me .. I am using XBMC RC1 version with Alaska skin.. My HTPC is a Zotac H55-WIFI Mobo, intel i3 with HD graphics and 4GB RAM and a 40 SSD with windows 7 64 bit. All my movies are streaming over the network 300mbits and no problems from the server upstairs.. What I wanted to ask you is in the RC1 version of XBMC I have enabled DXVA2 .. Shall I leave it as enabled or is it better disabled as my graphics is actually from the intel i3 (Intel HD Graphics) and do not use a seperate graphics card.?

Many Thanks.. Wink
I can assure you that the XBMC RC1 does not have the Apple Trailer Add On .. Please can you correct me if I am wrong?
No Video Add-ons come installed; you download them from the Add-ons section of the Settings.
Hitcher Wrote:No Video Add-ons come installed; you download them from the Add-ons section of the Settings.

Hi Hitcher,

I am aware of that.. However the Apple Trailers Add On is definitely not in the Add On Section in the XBMC RC1 version.. It is on the 9.11 version but not on the RC1 release.. If it is then please tell me what its called? Its not called Apple Trailers..
The Apple Trailers Add-On is missing from RC1, I've been trying to find out if its been removed because I want it back lol.
It was never part of any XBMC build but it's been removed from the repo under the creators orders (Nuka1195).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska Skin Question!0