[WIN7] Asus EB1501 w/win7
Hi all,

I've just given up on trying to use XBMC live edition on my ASUS EB1501 HTPC and tried to use Win7 instead.

The reason is long and complicated but basically the sound drivers for Linux + the ASUS don't play friendly with my Rotel amplifier and it loses sound constantly; pressing pause/skip will bring sound back sometimes until the next time it fails.

Anyway, I was playing around with it on Win7 tonight and it doesn't appear to have the same sound issues with my amp however I have problems with different codecs & sound settings.

Eg, in XBMC if I have it set to SPDIF/optical out and play a DTS/Dolby Digital soundtrack it works but anything using an analogue soundtrack has no sound. If I change the settings in XBMC again then analogue soundtracks (eg mp3/.mpeg files etc) work fine but DTS/DD etc have no sound.

I'm guessing it's a config issue because I can play either, but not without changing XBMC config and selecting a different output driver.

Does anybody have suggestions of what to try in order to just have the sound work? I've got DTS/AC3 enabled in setup.

Thanks
FG
A bit more info

If I select as Audio output device

WASAPI: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
I get analogue sound but no digital (DTS/Dolby Digital)

If I select as Audio output device
DirectSound: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
I get digital sound but no analogue

If I select Direct Sound: Digital Audio (HDMI)
I get analogue sound but XBMC complains it can't initialise my audio hardware for digital output (no surprise, I'm not using HDMI out as my amp doesn't have HDMI in)

If I select Primary Audio Device I get analogue & no digital (same as HDMI above with error

Any advice gratefully received..
Ok so now it's even worse, analogue sound via HDMI through my TV is working (but I want it to go to s/pdif) but digital sound doesn't work via TV (though it's probably not DTS/DD compatible, god knows)

So yeah. Anybody have an idea? I tried updating the sound driver but now it doesn't output via s/pdif at all..
I have EB1501P w/win7 and I cannot send a digital audio out on my logitech 5+1 through spdif....how should I configure XBMC/EB to do this? The speakers works just in analogue trhugh HDMI connected to my Samsung C8000 but in this way I cannot hear obviously AC3/DTS streams. The adapter optical/jack included in EB1501P seems to be fully in plastic (!) but also using my Samsung C8000 doesn't work. The only difference is that when I put in the samsung cable the Realtek HD audio driver activates in windows....

Thanks in advance for any kind of suggestion.
Solved. You must use the plastic adapter in bundle and click on the icon which pops up in windows in the corner to set the drivers! Simple, I'm wondering why I've lost so much time on it Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIN7] Asus EB1501 w/win70