How do I get round this
I have a folder called Kids and all the movies are not scraped correctly I have tried EM to no success. The problem is no information exists for them in terms of information on the web. My movies are OK and the information is correct so how do I get these filims in Kids to stop displaying rubbish for this folder.
Hi Steve,

You have looked up these children's films on IMDB and there is no information there? If this is the case, you can create your own nfo files for XBMC to use for scraping. Just put whatever information that you want in the nfo, using another nfo file as a guide or the Wiki. If IMDB does indeed have information about said movies you can either copy it and put into your nfo files or you can use the IMDB ID number (it starts with a tt) and insert that into EMM to scrape the movie. There is a spot down at the bottom of one of the EMM screens that allow for this.
Once you have your nfo file done and/or scraped with EMM, remove the movies from your Library using the context menu. Then clean your library. Then try to re-import the movies back into your library. That should work for you. Also please remember that you have to set EMM to "scrape full cast" for it to work with IMDB's layout now.

Mark
Yes thats right no information exists on IMDB in-fact I have alot of stuff were no info exists. The movies are fine I was trying to move away from EM and just using XBMC if I create a nfo file will XBMC take this info first even though I have my movies set to scrape at XBMC startup or will I have to doing something about this as-well.
XBMC looks for locally stored nfo (and other files) first before scraping so if you create the nfo files it'll grab them and not bother checking IMDb.
I thought it may but was not sure, I do this with music but not sure about how videos would work. I presume if is use Ember I could use my own pictures and and my own text etc and save that for the movies I have no info for. Can I take it that if I scrape a movie that there is info for and save it using Ember I could disable the scraping for movies at startup, and xbmc would pull the info from the database in Ember. How do I transfer all this across to another pc without rebuilding the database again. Is there a file that can be transfered across. I would hate to have go through all this again I have not done it yet but I can see it is going to take me a while.
If you use Ember (or build it all manually) you'll end up with a file structure something like:

--kids_movies
----Movie Title
------Movie Title.mkv
------movie.nfo
------fanart.jpg
------movie.tbn
------Movie Title-trailer.flv
----Movie Title2
and so on

If you keep all of those files as is, you can move the whole thing to another XBMC setup any time you want. If you have a pathological need to jettison the various support files once they've been scanned into XBMC, you need to export them again to move to another system (fairly trivial: Settings>Video Settings>Export Video Library).

Either way, you should only have to do it once (barring catastrophic failure of a HDD you haven't backed up).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I get round this0