Dharma RC1 doesn't scan folder .nfos
daniel123 Wrote:Options are set to:
scan recursively.
Are you sure you need Scan Recursively? (my bet would be not and it has been known to screw scans where it is not required in the past)
movie.nfo is working fine for me in all tests I have tried

Perhaps the best way to debug is to start with a fresh library (backup and delete myvideos34.db) and do a scan with debug logging on.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Are you sure you need Scan Recursively? (my bet would be not and it has been known to screw scans where it is not required in the past)
movie.nfo is working fine for me in all tests I have tried

Perhaps the best way to debug is to start with a fresh library (backup and delete myvideos34.db) and do a scan with debug logging on.

I have tried every button, settings etc. None of it works. I also unchecked "Scan Recursively", it doesn't make a difference for me. maybe i should upload a video so you can view what happens when i try to add my movie content to library?
No, debug log is the way to get to the bottom of this.
Based on what your folder structure seems to look like, use foldernames and do NOT check scan recursively.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
which ever way you look at this, xbmc is not acting the same way it used to. for as long as xbmc has had a video's library, iv always used the same settings but now it refuses to act like it used to. so weather or not I disable "Scan Recursively", there is a bug.
At the risk of stirring up a hornets nest - if xbmc has stopped acting in a specific manner, because of a code change orwhatever, then I don't think the solution lies with xbmc, but with the respective 3rd party scraper app devs, who should be keeping their app up to date with code changes. These apps are not supported by nor endorsed by team xbmc and what you are experiencing is a trade-off to their use (and not an xbmc bug) - and one of the reasons why I don't use them - nor for that matter see the need for them (but that's another debate).

I would doubt, though I can't speak for the devs (perhaps one of them can comment), that they specifically test the impact of xbmc changes against these 3rd party apps, therefore you use them at your peril.

I'm sure I read a post from spiff in another thread that certain elements were now missing from previously scraped nfo's which rendered them unusable - will try and find and link to it.

Just my thoughts.

EDIT

Just checked re the spiff comment and it was related to TV Show nfo's specifically http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55334&page=3.

If its any help to you xbmc natively generates nfo files (produced while backing up the database) exactly as the file name - so could be anything from something as simple as Monsters (2010) to The.Sorcerers.Apprentice.2010.1080p.DTS.x264.nfo

I have pasted a copy of an xbmc generated nfo here http://pastebin.com/ymMjzZfv, which will allow a comparison
I found the issue!
My folder structure was like this:

21 (folder)
21.iso
movie.nfo
fanart.jpeg
movie.tbn

Then changing it so that all the files are named the same fixes the issue and XBMC will scrape the content correctly:

21.iso
21.nfo
21.jpeg (fanart)
21.tbn

But I have 250 movies? Then I have to go through every single folder and rename all the files = what a mess! Huh
movie.nfo is only read if you scan by folder name.
daniel123 Wrote:But I have 250 movies? Then I have to go through every single folder and rename all the files = what a mess! Huh

If that's your only option then this may help
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php
spiff Wrote:movie.nfo is only read if you scan by folder name.

As stated several times in this thread. "scan by folder name"/"use folder names for look up" makes no difference.

Reading the whole thread also uncovers that the "scan recursively" option makes no difference weather activated or deactivated.

and as daniel123's post confirms, theres nothing wrong with the .nfo files them selves, as simply changing the name of the .nfo file enables xbmc to read it again.

PS - Not to sound like a knob, but I'm starting to get fed up of repeating my self. As with any bug report i make these days, everyone denies it and just keeps telling you to do the same thing. (At least read the entire thread, (its only 3 pages) before repeating what someone else has said)
rudeboyx Wrote:PS - Not to sound like a knob, but I'm starting to get fed up of repeating my self. As with any bug report i make these days, everyone denies it and just keeps telling you to do the same thing. (At least read the entire thread, (its only 3 pages) before repeating what someone else has said)

Each time they have asked for a debug log - where did you post it? One would think after 500+ posts you would know that is a requirement for accurate troubleshooting and debugging.
-stoli-
gav1577 Wrote:If that's your only option then this may help
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

Thank you for this link! Nod

rudeboyx Wrote:As stated several times in this thread. "scan by folder name"/"use folder names for look up" makes no difference.

Reading the whole thread also uncovers that the "scan recursively" option makes no difference weather activated or deactivated.

and as daniel123's post confirms, theres nothing wrong with the .nfo files them selves, as simply changing the name of the .nfo file enables xbmc to read it again.

I really hope they will change it back.. Nod
rudeboyx Wrote:As stated several times in this thread. "scan by folder name"/"use folder names for look up" makes no difference.

PS - Not to sound like a knob, but I'm starting to get fed up of repeating my self. As with any bug report i make these days, everyone denies it and just keeps telling you to do the same thing. (At least read the entire thread, (its only 3 pages) before repeating what someone else has said)
But you are. Perhaps you should consider taking your own advice (and at least read the thread) - this is not an xbmc problem, therefore you can post bugs till your blue in the face, nothing will get it fixed. 3rd party apps are not supported by team xbmc, therefore any issue with the naming process of the app should be addressed with its devs and not here. No

You're actually lucky spiff actually responded - he doesn't normally lower himself in such circumstances - he must be in a good mood Laugh
well, what i said is correct and i just tested - it behaves exactly as expected. scan by file name -> movie.nfo is not read, scan by folder name -> movie.nfo is read. finally, i didn't answer you, i answered the post before mine. i don't have time to read 3 page long threads that will end up in some user realizing he did something wrong.
rudeboyx Wrote:Its Locally Stored

I can confirm that all my art is picked up, just not the "movie.nfo"

My TV shows scan absolutely fine which leads me to believe xbmc is just ignoring "movie.nfo"

Can anyone confirm "moviename.nfo" works? (i.e. "Monsters (2010).nfo")

Sorry thats how I have mine setup.. Monsters[2010].nfo

Just run ember or another and add it in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma RC1 doesn't scan folder .nfos0