Dharma RC1 doesn't scan folder .nfos
daniel123 Wrote:But I have 250 movies? Then I have to go through every single folder and rename all the files = what a mess! Huh

Use Ember and it will do it for you. I had to do the same recently with close to 700 movies and 1200 tv episodes, it really saved me some time.
daniel123 Wrote:Thank you for this link! Nod

I really hope they will change it back.. Nod

There really seems to be no issue other then a little bit of lost space with keeping both naming structures in your folder. I have mine setup that way.
ritalin Wrote:Use Ember and it will do it for you. I had to do the same recently with close to 700 movies and 1200 tv episodes, it really saved me some time.

Okay, you win! Laugh
I must find some speartime to rename it with this ember. But as you may know, there is a bug with the IMDB scraper needing to be fixed. Rolleyes

ritalin Wrote:There really seems to be no issue other then a little bit of lost space with keeping both naming structures in your folder. I have mine setup that way.

I think we can call this "solved" Nod
rudeboyx Wrote:As stated several times in this thread. "scan by folder name"/"use folder names for look up" makes no difference.

Reading the whole thread also uncovers that the "scan recursively" option makes no difference weather activated or deactivated.

and as daniel123's post confirms, theres nothing wrong with the .nfo files them selves, as simply changing the name of the .nfo file enables xbmc to read it again.

PS - Not to sound like a knob, but I'm starting to get fed up of repeating my self. As with any bug report i make these days, everyone denies it and just keeps telling you to do the same thing. (At least read the entire thread, (its only 3 pages) before repeating what someone else has said)

I really do not want to spend time on this, but I just cannot resist.

1) There is not a single post here with concise information on what exactly has been tried, in what order and with what options. In order for me to invest time on your problems, invest time in making your issues reproducable.

2) All nfo files that I have tried recently are working fine for me (and I wrote the book on them).

3) WHERE IS YOUR DEBUG LOG!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:I really do not want to spend time on this, but I just cannot resist.

1) There is not a single post here with concise information on what exactly has been tried, in what order and with what options. In order for me to invest time on your problems, invest time in making your issues reproducable.

I have posted my folderstructer at the very first page of this thread mentioning my issue, and what options enabled, also posted right there.

After I by myself found out, that you had to rename the .nfo files as the movie's name, then it worked Huh

Quote:2) All nfo files that I have tried recently are working fine for me (and I wrote the book on them).

Good, it could be very nice to inform this as a change in Dharma for others to know. Smile
Quote:3) WHERE IS YOUR DEBUG LOG!

I'm sorry, didn't knew this was required.

Merry Christmas btw Big Grin
daniel123 Wrote:I have posted my folderstructer at the very first page of this thread mentioning my issue, and what options enabled, also posted right there.
I do not invest a lot of time on each thread of this forum, I do have a life after all.

I could not see in one place exactly what your settings were and what combinations you had tried

But this was mostly pointed at the other complainer anyways.

daniel123 Wrote:After I by myself found out, that you had to rename the .nfo files as the movie's name, then it worked Huh
No you do not if the folder structure is correct and all the settings are right in my experience.
But I cannot rule out there are corner cases I have not tried.

daniel123 Wrote:Good, it could be very nice to inform this as a change in Dharma for others to know. Smile
Only if someone proves beyond doubt there is a problem.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Quote:No you do not if the folder structure is correct and all the settings are right in my experience.

Then you have a different experience than mine. I have tried all settings/options possible, and I know my folder structure is correct cause it has never been a problem before until I upgraded to Dharma. But instead of keep writing back and forth, I will post you a video link later this afternoon (Denmark time) showing you, that there IS an issue.

Thank you Smile
daniel123 Wrote:Then you have a different experience than mine. I have tried all settings/options possible, and I know my folder structure is correct cause it has never been a problem before until I upgraded to Dharma. But instead of keep writing back and forth, I will post you a video link later this afternoon (Denmark time) showing you, that there IS an issue.

Thank you Smile

I trust you. I have the same problem. I have correct folder structure and I'm using XBMC 9.11 live. All is working without any problem. When I tried upgrade to Dharma - no chance to read nfo files offline, only online. When I disconnected network cable from PC, XBMC wasn't able scan my folders into library - only error on the screen. Than I returned back to 9.11 live and again all is working.

Alda
daniel123 Wrote:Then you have a different experience than mine. I have tried all settings/options possible, and I know my folder structure is correct cause it has never been a problem before until I upgraded to Dharma. But instead of keep writing back and forth, I will post you a video link later this afternoon (Denmark time) showing you, that there IS an issue.

Thank you Smile
For Pete's sake, its even in huge CAPITAL LETTERS - WHERE IS THE DEBUG LOG - he can't really make it any plainer. No videos (HD or SD) to You Tube or wherever - just follow the protocol every other member is expected to and perhaps you might just get an answer.

See here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 - ignore it and your unlikely to get any assistance at all from the correct people - the Devs.
If you are convinced there is a problem, you need to:

1. Enable debug logging
2. Reproduce problem
3. Copy debug log to a pastebin site
4. Wait for a response from a dev

Videos and whining won't get your issue fixed. Just because something works in 9.11 and doesn't work on the current RC's doesn't mean that it is now not working propperly. It could mean that it was working improperly in 9.11 and now is working as the devs intended.
ok, I will install again dharma on virtual box and I will send you a log file.

Alda
Star 
ok. Here is part of my log file - scanning armageddon movie Dharma RC2 :

http://pastebin.com/WeCgefDE

DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/media/WDfilmy/filmy/Armageddon/Armageddon - 720p.mkv

my file structure :
/media/WDfilmy/filmy/Armageddon/
mymovies.xml
movie.tbn
movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
Armgeddon-720p.mkv

before ( 9.11 live ) all works only with mymovies.xml. So which names and extensions now support dharma RC2 ?

Alda

and scan setup is :
Run automated scan + scan recursively+use foldernames for lookups - enabled
Full log to pastebin. Not just snippets.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

OK, here is full log :

http://pastebin.com/AUWky6a3

Alda
You "Set content" on the movie folder itself by the looks. In that case, the listing contains only files, and thus "use foldernames for lookups" is ignored -> movie.nfo is also ignored.

Set content on the "filmy" folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma RC1 doesn't scan folder .nfos0