Reboot night
Hi guys,

how can I reboot my computer using the night skin? I only see the option of restarting xbmc, not rebooting the whole system. Is there an easy way to do this?
ShutdownMenu (S keyboard letter) >RESTART, I've deleted that option as I accidentally push it sometimes.
Well, as I said: RESTART just restarts XBMC on my machine, it does *not* reboot my whole system. Reboot works with other skins thogh. Is this the intended behavior in Night? If so, is there a way to change it?
Just to be clear, you have two Restarts in the Shutdownmenu, one named "Restart" and other named "Restart XBMC". The names are self explaining and are the intended behavior of night. Although for me the "Restart XBMC" does nothing. I have the 10.5 B4 and Win7 64 bits, I think it has something to do with the SO.

Just installed RC1 and the "Restart XBMC" shut down XBMC but doesn't open it back, didn't tried "Restart" yet, all other Buttons are normal.
I changed and relabeled those 3 options:

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:I changed and relabeled those 3 options:

It defaults on Restart XBMC but in Settings, I think System, you can change the behavior of Restart from Restart XBMC to Reboot Computer

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
OK, I only got an option labeled "Restart", not "Restart XBMC". However, it does not reboot the computer but just restarts XBMC.
Also, I cannot find an option to change the Restart behavior anywhere in the settings... I am using Night 1.47 on Beta 4, running on an openelec machine (tiny Linux).

mcborzu, how did you change those options?

Thanks for your help!
You have to edit the DialogButtonMenu.xml
KiSUAN Wrote:You have to edit the DialogButtonMenu.xml

So I edited skin.night/720p/Home.xml, as I found the menu items I would like to change in there. I changed the Restart sub menu item of the Shutdown menu to
Code:
<control type="button" id="90188">
                                                <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
                                                <label>13313</label>
                                                <onclick>XBMC.Reboot()</onclick>

However, I still get only a XBMC restart. :/

For debugging, I changed the Exit sub menu item to
Code:
<control type="button" id="90189">
                                                <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
                                                <label>13012</label>
                                                <onclick>XBMC.Restart()</onclick>
                                        </control>
However, it still shut XBMC down. So it seems the changes in this configuration file do not have any effect... what am I doing wrong?
Night as any other skin depends on the built in commands, here you can see them http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...iew=markup

According to that list the commands in Night are ok. But as our experience shows that depends on the SO and XBMC V you are running.
It works now. My problem was, that Home.xml apparently is only parsed when you change something within the menu settings (horizontal to vertival for instance). It is not parsed if you only restart the computer. So my changes were correct all along, but just not parsed.

Thanks for your help, love the Night skin!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reboot night0