[Live/Linux] faster SSD to speed up my system?
I'm trying to figure out what the bottleneck in my system is right now., and wondering if I should upgrade.

I was using the Live build of XBMC, and that was getting me around 36 seconds from hitting the power button till the interface was on. Fast, but not fast enough. I then installed the Openelec.tv version of XBMC, and now I'm at the iinterface in 24.5 seconds. Faster, but still not fast enough.

Running Hdparm and some other utilities, it looks like the read speed on my SSD is around 147MB/sec, and I'm getting around 4200 IOPS. I can't get a faster processor, since I'm using an ION platform (although it's overclocked to 2Ghz) and I can't really go faster with memory (although I can overclock it somewhat)

So would getting a faster SSD that's capable of either faster reads (say around 220MBps) or faster random reads (IOPS) be worth it? or maybe some tweaks I can do to the OS?

I'm looking for around 10-15 seconds MAX from hitting the power switch till time i can navigate the interface.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live/Linux] faster SSD to speed up my system?0