• 38(current)
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)
Hi,

I'm not sure if dual audio gets ported to new audio engine ever.
Besides, isn't the best alternative to have a parallel profile set for sound on AVR receiver over optical 5.1 and a default for HDMI to LED TV?
(Considering no HDMI switch in use)
You can clone the profile, share the library etc, and then program the switch event to one of your remote's button.
Then you can enjoy unpatched, in-sync sound... many people have worked on Smile

I'm moving now to this direction.
Any better toughs?
I've thought about using multiple profiles but there doesn't appear to be a way to share things like appearance settings between profiles. If I switch to a different skin and configure the skin settings, I would have to manually do the same for the other profile.

I might experiment with a Python add-on to clone the default profile and change only the output audio device.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
Thank you for this great patch. I use it to simultaneously feed my bedroom TV using analog over HDMI and my front room with 5.1 over optical.

This is the only thing keeping me from updating to Frodo!

PS I've tried the profile route... PITA
Leopold,
Yours does sound like a solution for some. For me the problem is that my receiver will not down-mix digital audio channels (SPDIF/HDMI) to the analog outputs. That combined with the fact that my main L/R is bi-amped has forced me to use this for my multi-room music as the only pre-out available is analog.
(2012-11-19, 19:19)thewarm Wrote: PS I've tried the profile route... PITA

Howdy, tell me more about your PITA, please.
(2012-11-20, 13:05)sircube Wrote:
(2012-11-19, 19:19)thewarm Wrote: PS I've tried the profile route... PITA

Howdy, tell me more about your PITA, please.

With the dual-audio patch, I can move from room to room (continuing the same movie for example) and keep the audio/video content playing in both rooms.
When I used different profiles for analog (with 2 channel analog, Dolby, DTS switched off) OR optical (5.1 with DTS and Dolby on). I could not have simultaneous playback. It was OK when I wanted to watch a movie in the front room with the surround system on, then move to the bedroom and finish the movie using only the TV's speakers. But it was a drag to have to switch back and forth depending on what room I wanted to use XBMC in.

If I had a macro for my Harmony remotes that would be cool. hint, hint...

I was able to use PaulCarter's XBMCbuntu binary and it worked well. The problem I'm having though is that moves that are encoded DD5.1 do not seem to have the audio downmixed to 2.0 and play on my secondary audio device. DTS movies work fine with the exact same configuration. Any ideas?

EDIT: I switched my primary output device on #1 to be the 2.0 zone over analog and #2 was now 5.1 over HDMI. Seems to work. I don't know what prompted me to try that, but I thought I had read it somewhere when jumping around this megathread. Hope this helps someone else.
XHBL,

You are my hero of the month. This must become a standard option in XBMC. I switched from Ubuntu to Windows 7 when I build my new mediacenter and this was a
problem I could not solve until I see you're beautiful WORK !!!

Thank you verry, verry much. Hope you will build an new XBMC.exe when the new version of XBMC will be there....

Don
(2012-12-01, 00:18)don_care100 Wrote: XHBL,

You are my hero of the month. This must become a standard option in XBMC. I switched from Ubuntu to Windows 7 when I build my new mediacenter and this was a
problem I could not solve until I see you're beautiful WORK !!!

Thank you verry, verry much. Hope you will build an new XBMC.exe when the new version of XBMC will be there....

COPY THAT!!! AngelNod

Any chance of this being updated for the Frodo beta?
Would be awesome!
Yes please!

This plugin is the only thing stopping me from upgrading to Frodo.
I will love to see this in Frodo. Great job.
My god, thank you so much!

I've nearly gone insane the past 2-3 weeks poking around with the damn audio trying to get both bitstream and "downmix" to stereo to be streamed simultaneously. Spend an insane amount of time until I found this. Big thanks.

Frodo update would be awesome, but I'm sticking with Eden until this gets updated. THIS SHOULD BE STANDARD FUNCTIONALITY.

Nice work man!
(2012-12-13, 21:55)chrillo Wrote: My god, thank you so much!

I've nearly gone insane the past 2-3 weeks poking around with the damn audio trying to get both bitstream and "downmix" to stereo to be streamed simultaneously. Spend an insane amount of time until I found this. Big thanks.

Frodo update would be awesome, but I'm sticking with Eden until this gets updated. THIS SHOULD BE STANDARD FUNCTIONALITY.

Nice work man!

COPY THAT AGAIN WinkAngelNod

• 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)18