• 39(current)
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)
xhbl, can you comment about your plans (if any) to update the patch for Frodo release? I'm worried it wan't be easy this time because of complete changing of audio engine.
I would really like to have this on Frodo and for the (XBian) Raspberry release. Because I have a hearing problem I use the analog headphone and my wife the sound from the TV through HDMI.

Could other wise this be used: http://mce.commsbyte.com/index.php?optio...&Itemid=99
I can verify that the solution to get dual audio mentioned in this thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145430) worked for me using the latest release of Frodo on Openelec. So there is hope for Linux folks out there.
(2012-12-21, 09:51)botez Wrote: I can verify that the solution to get dual audio mentioned in this thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid=127247) worked for me using the latest release of Frodo on Openelec. So there is hope for Linux folks out there.

If you don't need dual output with different output quality like one stream analog and one digital, you could simply use pulseaudio server in linux.

Pulseaudio server is able to combine multiple real audio devices to one virtual audio adapter, that is used for example by xbmc as audio output device. That way I connected my HTPC to both TV and AVReceiver simultaneously (both analog input).

See for example here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pul...o/Examples

I'm not that deep in pulseaudio configuration, but may be it's even possible to let xbmc output highest digital audio output stream to pulseaudio's virtual device and pulseaudio will care itself about the technical capabilities of the real audio devices, so this dual audio hack is at least non-essential for linux based systems. (will try and report ...)

Update: aahm .. the first entry in the Arch-Wiki: "Simultaneous HDMI and Analog Output" - so obviously no problem ;-)

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145430

Forget the patch and whatnot

Basically just echoing what botez said.

I had wacked this on the wiki a while back too.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...udio_setup

uNi
.. there is simply no need to hack conf files even just for solving one single problem if you could simply use in the wild proved standard software like pulseaudio server ?!?
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Why use pulseaudio and add a complexity layer when editing a configuration file is enough?
obviously it's not as easy and not enough ;-) Btw. maybe next time you will add a third device, and a fourth and so on .. happy conf file hacking ;-)

[Btw. atm frodos AE has some problems with pulseaudio so it's for now so only way ..]
UNCHAINED Demo Group
There are no GOOD alternatives out there. Every one of them have some problems related to them. This patch was the only workable solution since it syncs the the outputs. The asound.conf don''t work with digital audio, it doesn't sync etc. And pulseaudio sucks, simply put.
I got a head ache from reading the utter nonsense just before.

Pulseaudio, not needed unless you have a desktop installed, just not good enough.

I read you guys were going to magically fix the dual audio with pulse, and after this we get zero, nothing, nada, zip, and in the meanwhile polluting others threads with nothing to contribute in return.

Post a solution for dual audio or get out...
linux... as fast as lightning Wink

but is there a workaround for windows7 users here too?

many thanks in advance,
xris
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I've been looking for something like this since Dharma was released and screwed up my dual audio stuff (I was running analog plus optical at the time)

xhbl: That's for your hard work on this! - I look forward to a Frodo compatable patch when the time comes.

PaulCarter: I used your Eden XBMCbuntu compiled patch in Post: #474 and it worked flawlessly for me.

My setup is fairly standard: I have an HDMI TV that does not support audio pass-through of any type and a legacy (non-HDMI) AV receiver that accepts SPDIF Toslink/Coaxial. I needed to be able to send 2 channel to HDMI and 5.1 to Optical - simultaniously because I'm lazy and don't want have to manually switch audio settings it I don't feel like playing audio through the AV receiver (also, the wife acceptance factor demands 'easy'). Using this patch I was able to configure this for the first time since the old Camelot release.

I'm running on Aopen MiniPC MP45-D hardware.
For me:
Output 1: HDMI, 2 Channel (AC3/DTS unchecked)- Audio Device HDMI, Passthrough-HDMI
Output 2: Optical Coax (AC3/DTS checked) - Audio Device Custom (hw:0,0), Custom (hw:0,0)

I couldn't get any of the standard audio device selections to work properly on output 2, so I ended up just using the custom settings and it took off.

=============
For installation, I used WinSCP to copy the patched xbmc.bin to the /usr/lib/xbmc/ folder (overwriting the one that was there) and made sure the file was still marked with the appropriate executable (755) permissions (can be done with WinSCP or the chmod command.
(2012-12-30, 17:27)regi100 Wrote: linux... as fast as lightning Wink

but is there a workaround for windows7 users here too?

many thanks in advance,
xris

Yes, check the first post - in contains the link to the Windows patched binary - just replace the existing xbmc.exe file.
would you PLEASE create same option for Frodo version under windows 7? will be great!
Yes!! Please update for Frodo. I would love to be able to use my Zone 2 and Zone 3 speakers again.

(2013-01-05, 13:19)Jorsan Wrote: would you PLEASE create same option for Frodo version under windows 7? will be great!

The audioengine was developed for frodo release. It would probably take alot of work to update it so i guess we will not see this feature anytime soon for frodo.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)18