• 3(current)
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)
a11599 Wrote:Doesn't work with WASAPI here, but runs fine with DirectSound.

There seems to be problem to create WASAPI device speicfied by user even without my modification. I debugged the WASAPI audio renderer code and find it always FAILED to create the WASAPI audio renderer you specified in the settings when the device name contains non-English chars, the code will always chooses a default WASAPI device.
The debug Log is:

CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: Could not locate the device named "鎵0鍣?(VIA High Definition Audio)" in the list of WASAPI endpoint devices. Trying the default device...

Also WSAPI seems to conflict with Directsound.
So you'd better select both Directsound device.
NOTE: (Nov. 29, 2010)
Fixed a fatal memory error which will crash XBMC while playing music, Patch is updated to new(v3), Previous patches are obsoleted. Also Dharma patch is provided.
Sylus Wrote:Will the patch be included after the final release of dharma?

I don't think so. New feature will not add to Dharma now. But I've provided Dharma sources patch now you can build by yourself.

Also this will not add to any future SVN. The following is what 'gnif' replyed in the patch ticket:

While I appreciate the effort you have gone to, this patch will not make it into trunk simply because the audio layer is going to be ripped out and replaced with the system that is under development in the AudioEngine branch.
If you would like this feature please develop against AE, but be aware that AE is a moving target at the moment.

So, Guys like this feature should apply this patch for your personal build. Smile
If anyone could share an RC1 Executable with v3 patch for Windows it would be most appreciated.. Don't have time or knowledge to work with Visual C, SDK or patching Tongue

Edit: Looks like sharing is not common here.. Anyone willing to give a few hints regarding tortoisesvn? I have DL the Dharma RC1 trunk and trying to apply the patch, tortoisesvn is eating up my memory, but the merge window just stays blank.
I actually would put in a second request for the RC1 executable patched. I've never dealt with any of the stuff required to build/compile or whatever. I suppose I could dig around, and download and learn a bunch of stuff to do it...but anyone wanna save a bunch of us some time and just patch and upload it for us?

I'll be you best friend?
TheUriah Wrote:I actually would put in a second request for the RC1 executable patched. I've never dealt with any of the stuff required to build/compile or whatever. I suppose I could dig around, and download and learn a bunch of stuff to do it...but anyone wanna save a bunch of us some time and just patch and upload it for us?

I'll be you best friend?

Well, I've updated the windows executable binary patch file link for you to download now, both SVN and Dharma RC2 were provided. Smile Enjoy!
Thumbs Up 
Great!

Thank you so much for taking the trouble
Changed: (Dec. 04, 2010)
Patch is updated to v5 for SVN 35575 and Dharma RC2, Previous patches are obsoleted. both windows and linux binary patches are available for download
Thumbs Up 
xhbl Wrote:Changed: (Dec. 04, 2010)
Patch is updated to v5 for SVN 35575 and Dharma RC2, Previous patches are obsoleted. both windows and linux binary patches are available for download

Thanks very much for this, exactly what I need.

The link provided for 'XBMC-Dharma-rc2-dx-DualAudio.rar' is dead. Please can you provide another?
Digital221 Wrote:Thanks very much for this, exactly what I need.

The link provided for 'XBMC-Dharma-rc2-dx-DualAudio.rar' is dead. Please can you provide another?

The MSN skydrive seems to always change the link of file, I updated, Pls try again.
Thats great, thankyou! Smile
Thank you so much! (for the upload, and for your work developing it!)
This is fantastic, and solves a long running problem I had trying to output music to by Kitchen!

Thanks for the hard work!
Thumbs Up 
Nice work! This is exactly what I have been looking for. Are you planning on releasing an updated binary for Windows DirectX now that Dharma has gone final? Big Grin

Cheers!
Bkryptonyte Wrote:Nice work! This is exactly what I have been looking for. Are you planning on releasing an updated binary for Windows DirectX now that Dharma has gone final? Big Grin

Cheers!

It is fulfilled now. I updated the patch for the final 10.0 Dharma version.
Enjoy!
Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)18