• 25(current)
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)
gulp Wrote:yes...would be a very usefull option to implement in official release. Sad

Never going to happen.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:Never going to happen.

I wouldn't necessarily say that, I have been looking into it and it appears their are ways to enumerate between audio devices in Windows via C/C++.

This would seemingly be a lot less complicated than the Dual audio output, as this would be just XBMC overriding Windows audio output, via a switch, shortcut key or by auto detecting the codec or channels internally in XBMC.

I guess this has not been suggested independently to anyone as the initial suggestions for dual output is not necessary for many of us, so I will keep it separate from this thread.

But I can't see why it would be very hard to implement what I've said in the newer Audio engine for a competent C developer.
Freakish Wrote:But I can't see why it would be very hard to implement what I've said in the newer Audio engine for a competent C developer.

Because the single developer for AE refuses to do it and the rest of the devs see this as "useless" and "pointless" and won't accept patches to do it.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:Because the single developer for AE refuses to do it and the rest of the devs see this as "useless" and "pointless" and won't accept patches to do it.

To bad because i think many users are waiting for such function.
darkscout Wrote:Because the single developer for AE refuses to do it and the rest of the devs see this as "useless" and "pointless" and won't accept patches to do it.

Did you read his suggestion? He was not asking for dual output. He was asking for a way to switch outputs from within XBMC with a remote command or whatever. This would eliminate the timing issues. I think it is a very good suggestion and would be very useful. In my situation I have speakers outside at my pool hooked up to zone 2 of my amp. Zone 2 won't put out digital inputs so when I want to listen by the pool I need to switch my HTPC to analog output. Being able to incorporate that into a macro on my remote would make it a lot easier.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Absolutely agree. Switched audio outputs would be far simpler than dual audio and would work along AE with minimal effort. Exactly what I suggested in post #284 back in November. Clearly doesn't meet the need of all in this thread, but would be a very useful feature for many.
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode
Hi,
I'm trying to understand what I am suppose to do with the files in rar-file that contains the modified source..
I'm fairly new to Linux enviroments and I'm currently sitting on a Xbmc live installed on a HDD.
Thanks in advance!
Dilligaf Wrote:Did you read his suggestion? He was not asking for dual output. He was asking for a way to switch outputs from within XBMC with a remote command or whatever. This would eliminate the timing issues. I think it is a very good suggestion and would be very useful. In my situation I have speakers outside at my pool hooked up to zone 2 of my amp. Zone 2 won't put out digital inputs so when I want to listen by the pool I need to switch my HTPC to analog output. Being able to incorporate that into a macro on my remote would make it a lot easier.

Does your amp have a Pre-Out? Many have an analog pre-out that you can feed back into the Zone 2 inputs to do what you want.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Does this patch work under Eden beta2?
It seems that this patch doesnt work in Eden, or Im just doing something wrong. Is there a chance that it will be available for Eden?
neal73 Wrote:Does this patch work under Eden beta2?

+1
This patch won't work since XHBL modified the source of 10.1 (see start of topic)

Hopefully he will be so kind to make the same modifications for the Eden source
when the Final release comes available Smile
Rainbow 
Although I loved the dual audio output patch, since switching to Eden beta2 I was in need for another solution. As many on this thread, I don't need simultaneous output but just a way, inside xbmc, to switch my windows default audio device between hdmi (tv) or optical (a/v receiver). I found the following solution, which is a less good option as the patch but will hopefully be just a permanent trick.

I do the following:
1. install advance launcher add-on
2. install nircmd (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html)
3. create a bat file calling the nircmd: setdefaultsounddevice

In fact the bat file I use toggles between hdmi & optical based on the value in a text file. There might be other more elegant solutions but it seems to work.

Code:
@echo off
CLS

IF EXIST toggleAudioDeviceConfig.txt. (set /p currentDevice= <toggleAudioDeviceConfig.txt.) ELSE (set currentDevice=HDMI)
goto %currentDevice%
)

:HDMI
echo --entering optical setting--
nircmd.exe setdefaultsounddevice "Realtek Digital Output(Optical)"
echo %currentDevice%
set currentDevice=Optical
echo %currentDevice%
GOTO END

:OPTICAL
echo --entering HDMI setting--
echo %currentDevice%
nircmd.exe setdefaultsounddevice "AMD HDMI Output"
set currentDevice=HDMI
echo %currentDevice%
GOTO END

:END
ECHO %currentDevice% > toggleAudioDeviceConfig.txt
SET currentDevice=

the file toggleAudioDeviceConfig.txt is used to make the current selected audio device persistent. To find out what you need to put after nircmd.exe setdefaultsounddevice you can use: nircmd.exe showsounddevices which will list all of your sound devices. If you want to add more devices just copy one of the section and update according to the new devices and give it a unique name.

Note that switching the windows default audio devices will be for ALL of the applications running on the windows pc.
Possibly you could attach a hotkey to this bat file with another application.
El Loco Wrote:Although I loved the dual audio output patch, since switching to Eden beta2 I was in need for another solution. As many on this thread, I don't need simultaneous output but just a way, inside xbmc, to switch my windows default audio device between hdmi (tv) or optical (a/v receiver). I found the following solution, which is a less good option as the patch but will hopefully be just a permanent trick.

Thanks .. but unfortunalely i'm using the XBMC-Live (UBUNTU) so this won't work for me...
Freakish Wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say that, I have been looking into it and it appears their are ways to enumerate between audio devices in Windows via C/C++.

This would seemingly be a lot less complicated than the Dual audio output, as this would be just XBMC overriding Windows audio output, via a switch, shortcut key or by auto detecting the codec or channels internally in XBMC.

I guess this has not been suggested independently to anyone as the initial suggestions for dual output is not necessary for many of us, so I will keep it separate from this thread.

But I can't see why it would be very hard to implement what I've said in the newer Audio engine for a competent C developer.

Dilligaf Wrote:Did you read his suggestion? He was not asking for dual output. He was asking for a way to switch outputs from within XBMC with a remote command or whatever. This would eliminate the timing issues. I think it is a very good suggestion and would be very useful. In my situation I have speakers outside at my pool hooked up to zone 2 of my amp. Zone 2 won't put out digital inputs so when I want to listen by the pool I need to switch my HTPC to analog output. Being able to incorporate that into a macro on my remote would make it a lot easier.

HOW-TO submit an official Feature Request

As for the implementation of this patch to the new AE, it's been asked before and it's been answered very clearly by the devs.

Cheers
Nessus
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)18