themoviedb - stand-up
Hi

I was pondering, a what if.
What if, in addition to themoviedb being used for film look-ups in XBMC, it was used for stand-up. Alot of stand-up already seems to be present on the website:
e.g: http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/13584

In the same way that certain scrapers belong to certain categories:
Category - Scraper
Movies - themoviedb.com
TV shows - thetvdb.com

Would it be possible to invent a new category for xbmc (stand-up) but have the scraper as themoviedb. i.e.
Category - Scraper
Movies - themoviedb.com
TV shows - thetvdb.com
Stand-up - themoviedb

This would mean little if no scraper work but all the stand-up would be divided up from movies despite using the same scraper.

Or i'm being thick and this is a stupid idea, if so sorry.

toodle pip
Why wouldn't you just make them movies, and put all your stand-up in a common set to avoid clutter?
Not quite sure what a common set is but I don't think stand-up is a movie so thought that a separate category would be appropriate.
I believe this is something that might be addressed when the new database is available. From what I've read the XBMC devs are making it a bit more flexible for things like this. Until then, the best suggestion is to add them as movies and then set up a smart playlist (with link in your skin of choice).
supmu Wrote:Why wouldn't you just make them movies, and put all your stand-up in a common set to avoid clutter?

This is what I do. You can use a smart playlist also as suggested above, but I'm not so keep on this as you can't view the playlist in library mode so you get no info about the show.

Can't wait for the new library system!
Fair enough - seems like a solution, I too shall also look forward to the new library system.
I had no idea of it but have done some reading on it and it sounds amazing (though I don't really understand the technical info

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
themoviedb - stand-up0