UPnP Media Server sorts music alphabetically?
Alsterschiffer Wrote:Sorry, I am not using Windows, but MediaLinkPlayer or PlugPlayer on iPad/iPhone or Noxon (an Internet radio appliance, similar to Sonos).
But Google shows '4u2Stream' is a upnp player for Windows....not sure about the quality, though.

Hi,
I have tried 4u2stream, but it does not work for me at all with XBMC.
just gently bumping this thread in the hope that a developer will look at it at decide to correct this bug..... Nod

thanks a lot.
Just wanted to let you know that I have run into the same issue as well.
Songs are sorted alfabettically, not by track number. Should be solved IMO, or I have to install an additional DLNA media server ??
Hi,
sorry for bumping in such an inelegant way, but besides a lot of requests we haven't received any feedback from the developers. Blush

Please have a look at this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86307

Should be very easy to fix.Nod

I have opened a bug report as well, but haven't received any comment on this as well.

Thanks for the kind attention.
I'm willing to do a custom build to experiment with the sort order, however I can't test this myself because I don't have any uPnP clients (except XBMC that sorts locally anyway). Having looked at the code the options are:

1. remove the sorting - this apparently worked before because no-one complained until the sorting was added

2. change the sort order to "track number"

3. change the sort order to "file name"

4. change the sort order to full file name i.e. file name including the full path

I don't know how well options 2 - 4 will work. If you're only looking at a single album I'd guess track number will work, but then I don't know what that will do when viewing albums. Filename or full filename might be the safest options.

Anyhow, I'm doing a custom build anyway (to allow viewing of streams that are still downloading) so if anyone wants me to monkey with the uPnP sort order shout here.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I'm willing to do a custom build to experiment with the sort order, however I can't test this myself because I don't have any uPnP clients (except XBMC that sorts locally anyway). Having looked at the code the options are:

1. remove the sorting - this apparently worked before because no-one complained until the sorting was added

2. change the sort order to "track number"

3. change the sort order to "file name"

4. change the sort order to full file name i.e. file name including the full path

I don't know how well options 2 - 4 will work. If you're only looking at a single album I'd guess track number will work, but then I don't know what that will do when viewing albums. Filename or full filename might be the safest options.

Anyhow, I'm doing a custom build anyway (to allow viewing of streams that are still downloading) so if anyone wants me to monkey with the uPnP sort order shout here.

JR

Hi,
thanks for supporting us.
I am using XBMC-live installed locally on HD. Dharma RC2.

I suggest to try the option 1, that is the easiest.
Then if there are problems, we might try option 2.

thanks again!
elite1967 Wrote:I am using XBMC-live installed locally on HD. Dharma RC2.

Ah, I can only do a Windows build I'm afraid. Sorry :-(

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Ah, I can only do a Windows build I'm afraid. Sorry :-(

JR

well, it's worth testing it anyway, at least to discover where the problem is.
I would prefer option 1 as well, just to check how the error got into the code. To do the testing I would offer to install the custom build on Windows, although I am runnig my media center on ATV.
Alsterschiffer Wrote:I would prefer option 1 as well, just to check how the error got into the code. To do the testing I would offer to install the custom build on Windows, although I am runnig my media center on ATV.

I too will test it in a Windows machine...
OK, there's a modified Windows build of the Dharma XBMC.exe on http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/xbmc/ that has the uPnP sorting commented out. You need to rename the existing C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe and replace it with the one from my website.

You can check you're running the modified version from the Home page by arrowing down to System, pressing the right arrow and selecting "System info". The build details should be "r35647-CustomBuild (Compiled: Dec 22 2010)".

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:OK, there's a modified Windows build of the Dharma XBMC.exe on http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/xbmc/ that has the uPnP sorting commented out. You need to rename the existing C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe and replace it with the one from my website.

You can check you're running the modified version from the Home page by arrowing down to System, pressing the right arrow and selecting "System info". The build details should be "r35647-CustomBuild (Compiled: Dec 22 2010)".

JR

Hi,
I have tried your custom version but I have the following error:
"The program can't start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer"

I have no problem running the official version Dharma RC2.

What could it be?
elite1967 Wrote:Hi,
I have tried your custom version but I have the following error:
"The program can't start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer"

I have no problem running the official version Dharma RC2.

What could it be?

That's odd, I didn't do anything out of the prdinary when I built it. Anyhow, just download and run the DirectX installer from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...ceb6d8fa8d and that should fix it.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:That's odd, I didn't do anything out of the prdinary when I built it. Anyhow, just download and run the DirectX installer from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...ceb6d8fa8d and that should fix it.

JR

Hi jhsrennie,
I can confirm that it WORKS!!!

EXCELLENT WORK!

Now, how can we ask the development team to change the code?
elite1967 Wrote:Hi jhsrennie,
I can confirm that it WORKS!!!

EXCELLENT WORK!

Now, how can we ask the development team to change the code?

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10974

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP Media Server sorts music alphabetically?0