Import library not loading every episode from videodb.xml file
I am running dharma rc1 release on a couple of windows 7 pcs. I recently got all my tv shows set up and listed all of the correctly watched episodes. I found an article on LifeHacker about how to migrate the database to MySQL. i followed th instructions and it seems to work except i have a small glitch.

When importing the library, it only imports one episode per season of a tv show. so if i only have one season, it would only load one episode, 2 season, 2 episodes. And it is always the first episode of the season. I checked the videodb.xml and it lists all of the episodes, so i dont know why the program isnt reading them all.

Also, i would like to know if it is possible to migrate the watched count. I have tons of episodes, and i literally spent an hour or so marking all of the correct ones as watched, and i sure as hell dont want to do that again. I know by default you dont do this because of multiple user accounts, but i only have one account for xbmc.
I'm having the same problem with the final release of Dharma. Did you find a solution?
birdapi Wrote:When importing the library, it only imports one episode per season of a tv show. so if i only have one season, it would only load one episode, 2 season, 2 episodes. And it is always the first episode of the season. I checked the videodb.xml and it lists all of the episodes, so i dont know why the program isnt reading them all.

I'm having the same issue as OP, anyone got any suggestions, I'm tired of raging.

Win 7, XBMC 10 Stable, using advancedsettings.xml to point to my servers mysql db.

EDIT: figured out my problem, this thread clears up everything http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post646799

geure Wrote:1. Stop XBMC.
2. Drop your xbmc_video mysql database.
3. Create your xbmc_video mysql database.
4. Set user permissions on your xbmc_video mysql database.
5. Run "alter database xbmc_video character set Latin1;"
6. Run "alter database xbmc_video collate latin1_general_ci;"
7. Start XBMC and import/scan your library.

PS: Use samba shares instead of mapped drive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import library not loading every episode from videodb.xml file0