How do you rename movie file and folder? Please list tools you used and why.
How do you rename movie file and folder? Please list the tools that you used and why you think its the best.

I use media portal moving picture to scrape movie. then i used a tool to rename movie files and folder(i prefer not to rename file for subtitle searching purpose) from moving picture database. it gets the job done. i do have a wish the tool can be configured more. i want to add [Blu-Ray] at the end of the movie folder (eg Inception (2010) to Inception (2010) [Blu-Ray]) to allow my movies to autodetect the movie as bluray. are there any tools that can get the job done flawlessly? i did try using ember to rename(using the rename add on) but i just cant get it working.

Please suggest the tools that you use to rename and can it fit my requirements.

Thanks.
Star 
Humm... for the most part I just manually rename to the most logical name and for the few files in a folder. it's not a big issue... copy & paste you know.

On a rare occasion when I have multiple files and need batch rename software... I've chosen http://www.sherrodcomputers.com/products...enamer.cfm the free version more than does the job (the best part of it is the 'preview' then you can see the what changes it caught or didn't). Then there's scripts for making folders, deleting junk etc... best done in a DOS shell.

Then there's mouse-able utilities such as DirOpus or filemanager which makes fast work of these tasks.
PatK Wrote:Humm... for the most part I just manually rename to the most logical name and for the few files in a folder. it's not a big issue... copy & paste you know.

On a rare occasion when I have multiple files and need batch rename software... I've chosen http://www.sherrodcomputers.com/products...enamer.cfm the free version more than does the job (the best part of it is the 'preview' then you can see the what changes it caught or didn't). Then there's scripts for making folders, deleting junk etc... best done in a DOS shell.

Then there's mouse-able utilities such as DirOpus or filemanager which makes fast work of these tasks.

you dont want to manually rename folder when you have couple thousand folders to rename.

i use diropus heavily. i was suprised that it can do batch rename. i still cant find how to batch rename using diropus. how do i do that.
Star 
publicENEMY Wrote:you dont want to manually rename folder when you have couple thousand folders to rename.

i use diropus heavily. i was suprised that it can do batch rename. i still cant find how to batch rename using diropus. how do i do that.

I used to be a heavy DirOpus user until they started asking $ for the PC version. If I remember correctly (and that isn't a given) you highlight all the files in question and it allowed a batch rename process in which you could delete # of chr$ from the end or begin, or swap out the extensions... it might have been calling a dos script... Pull-down menu? DirOpus is one of those magical utilities that picked up the ball were windows left off.. too bad it's so bloody expensive.

If that fails... there is something when you clicked a file, you could copy the name to the other window.. selected file. I could help you out more if I paid the $60 US for the file manipulator... but alias if I have anything spare it would go into an XBMC fund. The linked renamer... is good with files.... but you have to pay $ to have it do folders in the same way.
I tried "therenamer.com", it's "ok" for TV Shows, but sucks for Movies.
I had a few scripts that mostly did the trick, but all had a weakness. I wouldn't trust any of them to run full-auto.

I really think this is an area that needs a new project.

I've also used TVRename very successfully for TV episodes auto-download and auto rename/move into appropriate folders. It will also auto-download appropriate metadata. It could use a better/friendlier UI. It doesn't have support for managing movies.

Ideall, here's what I'm looking for, and may start to write it myself:
  • Ability to process a single folder which can contain both TV, Movies, and MP3 files. It should be able to determine which is a TV show, which is a movie and which is an individual track or CD.
  • Ability to move the file, based on it's content classifcation
  • Ability to parse out torrent name junk and clean both the file name and the containing folder.
  • Ability to run another program to process a given file ( Hand TV's to TVRename, MP3's to Picard/MusicBrainz, Movies to possibly another program )
  • Ability to do minimalistic internal lookups (IMDB, TV, MusicBrainz/AllTunes)
  • RSS Feed / AutoDownload capability ( Ability to source it's own RSS feed to be consumed by your favorite bit torrent client ).

I've tried so many at this point, I really think I'm going to have to just build my own. This really needs to be a fire-and-forget system. Latest TV shows and movies of a certain criteria should just download. At the same time, it should know what's been downloaded, and not grab 10 versions of the latest TV episode. Also, there should be some way to easily queue a request with it. This aspect could later have an add-on in XBMC that lets you request a movie or perhaps additional tracks/cd's and it will put it into the queue to download.
publicENEMY Wrote:How do you rename movie file and folder? Please list the tools that you used and why you think its the best.

I use media portal moving picture to scrape movie. then i used a tool to rename movie files and folder(i prefer not to rename file for subtitle searching purpose) from moving picture database. it gets the job done. i do have a wish the tool can be configured more. i want to add [Blu-Ray] at the end of the movie folder (eg Inception (2010) to Inception (2010) [Blu-Ray]) to allow my movies to autodetect the movie as bluray. are there any tools that can get the job done flawlessly? i did try using ember to rename(using the rename add on) but i just cant get it working.

Please suggest the tools that you use to rename and can it fit my requirements.

Thanks.

I don't think there is any point adding Bluray to the folder name xbmc uses the file name for this actually this is done by the skin if your talking flags and most look for bluray not blu-ray, not sure why you had trouble with ember as it can easily add bluray (source) to the file name using its built in bulk renamer

If you want a simple freeware batch rename utility Flexible Renamer is pretty good obviously its only good for adding tags its not a renamer specifically for movies and tv

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014830/.../FlexRena/
>>X<<' Wrote:I don't think there is any point adding Bluray to the folder name xbmc uses the file name for this actually this is done by the skin if your talking flags and most look for bluray not blu-ray, not sure why you had trouble with ember as it can easily add bluray (source) to the file name using its built in bulk renamer

If you want a simple freeware batch rename utility Flexible Renamer is pretty good obviously its only good for adding tags its not a renamer specifically for movies and tv

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014830/.../FlexRena/

did i mention [Blu-Ray] tag to allow my movies to autodetect the movie as bluray? i did. in case you missed, this is my movies. by the way, thanks for the renamer link.
I'm with you now didn't realize you were talking about My Movies software Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you rename movie file and folder? Please list tools you used and why.0